This resort is clearly concerned about customer satisfaction and trip advisor reviews but has its issues. If it wasn't so expensive to stay here, I would have given it 5* but as I paid so much, I didn't expect a leaking air conditioning unit, broken door handle and an issue with getting into my room which took maintainance almost an hour to fix. In return for my troubles, I got NOTHING! Even a small cocktail drink or a small gesture to say sorry would have gone a long way. I then upgraded to the LUX Villa which is something out of this world and mind blowing! The only let down is that the buggy refuses to take you to your room. Considering it's the only presidential suite equivalent on the resort and costs a bomb, you'd expect that small additional service but it just isn't there. Now I know you may be thinking so what in the he'll was good about it? Well, there was a lot. The good points outweighed the bad points and that's hard to do considering most people just need one issue to put a damper on all of it. So, hospitality and friendliness of the staff was really great. They really do care. The very well equiped free baby sitting nursery was nothing short of an outstanding UK nursery. Plenty of caring staff who love children and go the extra mile. In return, my 2 year old son was happy to be left there while me and my wife got some quality time together and had the opportunity to try out many of the free water sports available. The restaurant food quality is extremely high class and 5 star quality. I love my food and was pleasantly surprised. I didn't go full board and paid for my meals. It probably cost about the same whichever way you go. So many different restaurants each taking pride in specialities and so different from one another. Movie night with free popcorn and drinks was great. Somehow, everyone on the resort knew it was my birthday one day during our stay. From the cleaner to the restaurant waiter. They even sent me a birthday cake with alchohol free champagne. That really signalled the seriousness of how much they focus on each individual guest. Your welcomed off the sea plane by the resort manager who makes himself known and available to you during your stay. Great pools. Absolutely gorgeous. So much to do on the island and we never got round to it all despite spending a week here. Free wifi with great signal even in the water villas..how??? Amazing. A London style classic phone box with free calls anywhere in the world!!! Shark feeding, sting ray feeding, speed boat trip to a remote island for some great scuba diving (that was amazing), treasure hunt, a fantastic spa which is world class and sell some really great products. Pricey but you do get what you pay for here.
Bottom line, yes, I'd visit again. The best holiday of my life and if I have the money, I'll go back to LUX*.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dreamy atolls of tropical islands scattered across the Indian Ocean, the Maldives are a kaleidoscope of colours and earthly pleasures. Get away from it all at LUX* South Ari Atoll (formerly LUX* Maldives), the only settlement on the postcard-perfect island of Dhidhoofinolhu. Fuss free and laid-back, the resort surprises with pop-up cinema screenings right on the beach, impromptu musical performances and strolls along secret pathways through the lush tropical gardens. Just steps from the thatch-roofed suites and ocean-perched villas, the island's unspoilt beaches are yours to claim. A prime spot for snorkelling and whale-shark spotting, the resort's unblemished lagoon is a diver's dreamworld. Back on land, island street food and fine dining await in the tempting restaurants and bars. In the shade of coconut palms, lounge by the two turquoise pools, luxuriate in the ocean-view spa and surrender to the charms of this castaway idyll. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Destinology, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Holiday Gems, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Prestigia, Travelbag, Ctrip TA, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your LUX* South Ari Atoll reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lux* Maldives Hotel South Ari Atoll
- Diva Maldives Hotel
- Diva Maldives South Ari Atoll