“Lux Maldives”

LUX* South Ari Atoll
Doha, Qatar
“Lux Maldives”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Great place, excellent hospitality and very good selection of all inclusive beverages and food. Diving with Manta Rays and Whale Sharks was amazing. all staff were very friendly and helpful. Would definetely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank PeterRyan75
LUX_GM, General Manager at LUX* South Ari Atoll, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Dear Peter,

It is great to hear from you on TripAdvisor ! Thank you for the feedback on your holiday experience staying at LUX* Maldives. I am glad that you spent a great time enjoying our island and especially exploring the beautiful Marine Life. I agree that Diving with Manta Rays and Whale Sharks is amazing.

Please keep in touch should you need any assistance in the future as we look forward to your return.

Best regards from the Maldives,

Shaun Dünhofen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (687)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Australia
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I choose this resort because of all the excellent reviews it got on Tripadvisor, but I still worry. Well they were all true. This is just like a postcard or a movie. From the moment you step on the jetty and are greeted by the manager and staff it is just amazing. The staff they have are all so friendly, helpful, but not 'all over you'. the Spa is a dream come true, all little huts, and wonderful therapists, and they have over the water ones for couples too, thankyou Murta,therapist, and Raini, for the Yoga twice a day. The island is swept clean every day, the gardens are just incredible. The.The food is very good, but I think the all inclusive package is way too expensive, we had breakfast included and had dinner or a late lunch, with wines, we couldn't have justified the price of all inclusive so do your sums when deciding. It was our 30th wedding anniversary and they went above and beyond what I expected or even thought they would do, dinners, cruiser cakes,wine. The service is truly fantastic. It will be a Anniversary I will never forget.

Room Tip: 334 is in the middle of the island and near the spa, it is also set a little back from the beach for...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank handbagtraveller
Knowing that you had an amazing holiday makes us happy. We are thankful and appreciate your review. It was truly our pleasure to be chosen as the destination where you celebrated the 30th anniversary in the Maldives. Our LUX* team is here to assist in helping our guests to celebrate life, and we am glad to know that we were able to be there for you.

Thank you very much for giving your feedback and sharing your comments with the travelers on TripAdvisor. Merta and Raina are very excited to see their names highlighted in the review, and your acknowledgment is certainly a great motivation to every team member on the island.

Yours sincerely,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

This resort is clearly concerned about customer satisfaction and trip advisor reviews but has its issues. If it wasn't so expensive to stay here, I would have given it 5* but as I paid so much, I didn't expect a leaking air conditioning unit, broken door handle and an issue with getting into my room which took maintainance almost an hour to fix. In return for my troubles, I got NOTHING! Even a small cocktail drink or a small gesture to say sorry would have gone a long way. I then upgraded to the LUX Villa which is something out of this world and mind blowing! The only let down is that the buggy refuses to take you to your room. Considering it's the only presidential suite equivalent on the resort and costs a bomb, you'd expect that small additional service but it just isn't there. Now I know you may be thinking so what in the he'll was good about it? Well, there was a lot. The good points outweighed the bad points and that's hard to do considering most people just need one issue to put a damper on all of it. So, hospitality and friendliness of the staff was really great. They really do care. The very well equiped free baby sitting nursery was nothing short of an outstanding UK nursery. Plenty of caring staff who love children and go the extra mile. In return, my 2 year old son was happy to be left there while me and my wife got some quality time together and had the opportunity to try out many of the free water sports available. The restaurant food quality is extremely high class and 5 star quality. I love my food and was pleasantly surprised. I didn't go full board and paid for my meals. It probably cost about the same whichever way you go. So many different restaurants each taking pride in specialities and so different from one another. Movie night with free popcorn and drinks was great. Somehow, everyone on the resort knew it was my birthday one day during our stay. From the cleaner to the restaurant waiter. They even sent me a birthday cake with alchohol free champagne. That really signalled the seriousness of how much they focus on each individual guest. Your welcomed off the sea plane by the resort manager who makes himself known and available to you during your stay. Great pools. Absolutely gorgeous. So much to do on the island and we never got round to it all despite spending a week here. Free wifi with great signal even in the water villas..how??? Amazing. A London style classic phone box with free calls anywhere in the world!!! Shark feeding, sting ray feeding, speed boat trip to a remote island for some great scuba diving (that was amazing), treasure hunt, a fantastic spa which is world class and sell some really great products. Pricey but you do get what you pay for here.

Bottom line, yes, I'd visit again. The best holiday of my life and if I have the money, I'll go back to LUX*.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Ozy78
Thank you for sharing your experience with us as we are very glad to hear from you online. We always appreciate hearing from our guests and to know that you have shared your review for your stay in October 2013 is truly welcoming.

Following up on your feedback and comments for LUX* Maldives on TripAdvisor, we would like to apologize again for any inconvenience caused as we understand that you have spent a great deal of time to be with us and therefore we constantly look to improve to ensure the very best for our guests.

Thank you once again for being here and spending your family holiday with the LUX* Maldives. I hope we will be hearing from you again soon, as we truly would be delighted to be of assistance should you need to book future reservations.

Your kind words for our team is much appreciated as we enjoy having families stay with us to enjoy the quality time together. There are so many special moments and we are glad that you took the time to explore the restaurants and that of our culinary delights.

Best regards and we look forward to show you the many wonderful reasons why our guests return time and again to LUX* Maldives.

Warm wishes,

Cheshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I visited this island with my wife and two girls aged 9 and 11, the previous reviews are fully justified and only touch the surface as it is difficult to put in to words how special the resort is!

We have visited the Maldives before as well as having many wonderful holidays elsewhere but Lux by far exceeds all previous holiday experiences.

We were greeted off the seaplane by the Resort Manager Mamoun along with many of his other staff who were waving and smiling and genuinely appreciated us being there. After a small welcome reception we were taken to our beach villa (number 343) which was perfect and close to the Island Kitchen and Veli bar and pool. The room was perfect for a family of four and our villa attendant Shereef was truly outstanding and the towel art he produced every day was like something that deserves to be on Britain's Got Talent!!

We ate in all the restaurants, both buffet restaurants were excellent and the A La Carte restaurants were as good as any top class restaurants in the UK, these just need to be booked when you get there. The food at the two pool bars were also outstanding as were the quality of the drinks everywhere. The wine list is extensive and offers choices from all around the world, the quality is superb.

We made use of the free boat trip to the house reefs on several occasions and the water sports staff were friendly, helpful and great fun! We also had fun using the free pedalos and finding yellow bikes to ride through the beautiful island and palm trees. Finding a bottle before breakfast was wonderful for our girls and despite winning a bottle of wine, the reception gave them lovely soft toys as did Mamoun which made them feel very special.

Far too many staff to mention but I would like to acknowledge Khan, Zaheer and Masud who all work at the Veli bar and really made our children's holiday through wonderful service, exciting cocktails, fun and games as well as a continuous smile, thank you gentlemen.

We have never returned to the same hotel before but without doubt will return to Lux. All Inclusive is a must so you do not have to think about anything and just about everything is included.

Finally, the most lasting memory is the warmth and outstanding service from everyone from the resort manager to the people cleaning the beaches, to the staff in the bars and restaurants, nothing is too much trouble for them and it is ALL totally genuine because the staff are so happy.

Book this resort, don't have any concerns and ENJOY every minute of paradise!

Room Tip: Beach Villas are perfect and in my opinion it does not matter which side of the island you are on
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank CheshireFamily4
On behalf of LUX* Maldives family, Shareef, Khan, Zaheer, Masud and, of course, Mamoun, I would like to express our thanks to you for choosing us to be the place where you enjoyed your family holiday in the Indian Ocean.

Everyone on the island is very happy to receive your compliments online. We are also glad to know that everyone had a great time enjoying the cuisines and activities on the island. It is also very exciting to know that you are planning to return for another visit, and we are looking forward to welcoming you again at the jetty when you arrive.

Thank you once again for sharing the wonderful holiday experience with the readers on TripAdvisor.

With the warmest regards from the team of LUX* Maldives,

New York City, New York
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

I don't know from where to start , to much to say .i spent my honeymoon there ( 10 days may 20 till may 29 ) the best 10 days of my life so far. I want to thanks Lux staffs for making my honeymoon so special and unforgettable. Just one word to describe the island HEAVEN , the food was delicious , you ll never get bored of the food , huge variety and at least 5 different cuisine on the island ( all were great ) the customer service is number one , never seen such a great people working there with no exception . They do any thing for your comfort with a big smile on their faces. We stayed in beach villa ( 350) and water villa (110) both were great , it's not easy to choose one . I recommend if you stay in both . Now i want to talk about someone who im very proud of Mr Mohamed Ali Mamoun the Resort manager , he's like Eratones the god of happiness in the greek Mythology who makes sure that every single guest in the island is happy , and that didn't surprise me since he's from Egypt . We can call him NEHEB the god of happiness in the Egyptian mythology :-) . I miss that place and the people there too much , we are actually playing to go back on December but this time we are going with friends and family .
The last word if you are going to Maldives Lux is the BEST resort ever , just go and you ll remember my words.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Sbatti2012
I would like to thank you for the wonderful review that you have shared. We are very proud of our team and warm heartedly agree with you saying that Mamoun is the Eratones of LUX* Maldives. His continuous efforts in helping people celebrate life is a true motivation. With his and the team presence in meeting our guests daily, we look that our guests has a good time on the island as we want each of our guests to feel comfortable and cared for.

It is truly encouraging that you are coming back in December with your family and friends. Please contact us if there is anything we could assist before your vacation approaches, as Mamoun or our team would like to ensure you have another memorable time at LUX* Maldives.

See you soon,

Best regards from all of us, LUX* Maldives family,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 June 2014

My wife and I visited LUX* Maldives for our wedding anniversary. This was our first visit to the Maldives and was probably the best holiday we've ever had (and we've travelled a fair amount across the US and Far East).

Having spent months researching / reading trip advisor reviews until we couldn't take it any more.. We opted to visit LUX* Maldives on an all inclusive package (as they had won an award for this and gave better value than their rivals!!).

Accommodation:
We spent the first half of the stay in a Deluxe Beach Villa - It was wonderful being able to walk straight out onto the (quiet) beach... lounge in the sun and take a dip into the warm ocean.
The second half of our stay we moved to a Water Bungalow. LUX gave us a free upgrade to a prestige water bungalow - which was wonderful!

Cleanliness is an important factor when we choose hotels - I am pleased to say that our room(s) were clean and well maintained - with the cleaning staff being respectful of our time (i.e. asking when we would like the room cleaned rather than ringing on the doorbell at inconvenient times). During our stay we had one issue with the aircon in the water bungalow - The staff came to investigate within 15 minutes and notified us it would take a couple of hours to replace one of the main parts (located outside of the villa itself). We were offered the option to change rooms if this was inconvenient for us... which it wasn't. LUX dealt with this issue well and it was happily resolved.
As it was our anniversary, LUX arranged for our bed to be decorated with petals, a bottle of champaign and a message - this was a lovely touch that made us feel even more special

Overall, we preferred the beach villa, although our personal preference is the indoor bathroom of the water bungalow.

Staff:
The staff were excellent - across the whole island they were very welcoming and friendly - not just on our day of arrival. Special thanks to Abbie from the water sports centre for going above and beyond, and Daniel from the Island Bar! Another excellent touch was being greeted (several times) by the resort's General Manager (Dominic) as we past him around the Island - he had taken the time to remember us each time. Another of their touches that make you feel extra special.

Food:
First off it should be noted my wife is a chef and serious foodie... so her expectations are high!
We tried the evening buffet, it was a good selection and flavours/quality was reasonable. Our preference was for the al-la cart menus rather than buffets. Each of the restaurants offered a good selection of dishes on offer. We found dishes to be good overall, with a few stand out options. Restaurant staff were also friendly and accommodating of our meal requests (for example, to add extra heat or for extra freshly baked breads in particular).

Activities:
With LUX being a good size resort there was always plenty to do (if you cant sit still more than 20 minutes!). During our stay we enjoyed the snorkelling, jet ski safari, swimming with a whale shark (magnificent creature!), night time starlight cruise (we've never seen the stars so bright and clear!) and a cocktail making class (lots of humour and banter with our teacher!).

Overall:
Before going we would have said we prefer "cultural" holidays, not "beach" holidays - This has completely changed.. and we would both go back in an instant!
We still regularly talk about our visit to LUX and the wonderful memories it has created, which ultimately is what you want from a holiday.

Room Tip: Beach Villa closer to restaurants and facilities (although preferred water villa's indoor bathro...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Mike B
Dear Mike,

Greetings from LUX* Maldives and thank you for the wonderful detailed review shared with the world on TripAdvisor. I am very glad to learn about your delightful anniversary celebration with our team on the island as these are beautiful moments to be shared.

It is truly reassuring that after months, you are still talking about us and your experience with LUX* Maldives as well as all the details you have remembered from the trip. Thank you for the comments and feedback, your review has been shared with the team and highlighted to Abbie and Daniel; and on behalf of Dominik and LUX* Resorts, I would like to say thank you for noticing the hard work of the team, I am proud to be part of such a great team in the Maldives.

Should you require any assistance from LUX* Maldives in the future, please feel free to contact me as it will be our pleasure to welcome you back home.

East Grinstead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Lux Maldives exceeded all our expectations for our honeymoon and we would highly recommend it to others.
From the initial warm and friendly welcome from waving staff on the seaplane pontoon to the lovely restaurant staff, great barmen and helpful room attendants we can't fault anyone...or indeed anything.
We would highly recommend the prestige water villas for HM guests as they are at the far end of the island and very peaceful. Each villa is individual, has loads of space, a bathroom that opens out onto the veranda and overlooking the ocean. We really enjoyed swimming and snorkelling off our deck- it felt very indulgent.
The wide choice of restaurants was one of the main reasons we chose Lux as over our 2 weeks stay, we wanted to be able to eat in the majority of restaurants on the all inclusive plan without having to pay a supplement or find many dishes were at an extra cost. We were not disappointed, enjoying super a la carte food each night (lamb cutlets were a firm favourite) with a great choice of bottled wines, cocktails and proper branded spirits- all at no extra cost. The buffet restaurants were also very good and we were impressed to be able to choose from oysters, slipper lobster, huge prawns and much more on the seafood night at East- no skimping here.
We loved watching the baby sharks being fed off the west jetty and watching the sting rays circling in the early evening by East and also appreciated the knowledgeable marine biologist (Francesca) who led a great turtle snorkeling trip where we also swam with a whale shark- amazing! The water sports team were excellent - Abby was friendly and helpful and the equipment was modern and clean. Fishing trips are also highly recommended and I was delighted to catch 4 Surgeon fish on our pre-breakfast trip.
The Velli Pool and Beach Bar area was a firm favourite during the day with Khan and his team making sure we were well looked after throughout the day. The pizza oven was another indulgent treat- and nothing was too much problem for the guys to arrange.
There is so much more I could say but the best thing is for you to discover the island for yourself- it was the best place we had ever stayed and will give us unforgettable memories for years to come. Thank you to everyone and we look forward to celebrating future anniversaries at Lux.

Room Tip: The prestige water villas are spacious and private ideal for honeymoon guests
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Beacon15
Your recommendations to other travelers is very much appreciated, thank you ! We were very glad that you had chosen LUX* Maldives to be your honeymoon destination. We are thankful and very proud of our amazing team especially when we receive such wonder feedback.

Please keep in touch with us when your trip back to the Maldives is confirmed as our team will always be ready to be at your service, and we are looking forward to help you celebrate many more special moments to come in life.

Greetings from Francesca, Khan, Abbie and the LUX* Maldives Family,

#1 of 1 in Mirihi
Conrad Maldives Rangali Island
Conrad Maldives Rangali Island
#1 of 1 in Rangali Island

Been to LUX* South Ari Atoll? Share your experiences!