My wife and I just came back from LUX Maldives a couple of days ago. It is an amazing place, sort of what people call "Heaven on Earth". We seriously recommend it to anyone who's planning on having a wonderful Honeymoon experience with white sand beaches, many excellent restaurants to choose from, a very friendly, attentive and knowledgeable workforce pretty much 24/7 helping you out with anything you might need and a relaxing atmosphere you will never forget.
We hope that this review is useful to anyone but mostly to Americans who are barely getting to know this wonderful place at the other side of the globe. And for everyone: do some basic research on the country as their geography is "out of this world". We flew there from Philly, so you might guess it was a heck of a trip (20+ hours). We arrived at Malé (the capital island) and they were already waiting for us to fly us down to our island (Didhdhoofinolhu). There are two options to get down to LUX, either by seaplane (direct flight from Malé) or a combination of regular plane (to Maamigili, a neighboring island) and speed boat to LUX. We took the second because it's cheaper, but the 1st seems less of a hassle. As we arrived to the hotel, they took care of everything. They welcomed us nicely at the reception, and we met both Claire (who sort of organized our arrival) and Mr. Mamoun (the hotel manager, who also was there for us both at our arrival and right before we left). Our bags were already in our room by the time we got there. Saarah, the guy in charge of our Villa was an amazing person who helped us with everything (including taking some "wedding pictures" for us during his free time, which, by the way, came out amazing). We were at first wondering whether to tip or not (as we were pretty much the only ones who seemed to want to tip), and ended up tipping, which was greatly appreciated. And trust us, they will take good care of you not only if you tip, but if you show some common sense good manners. We only stayed there 5-6 days, but we wanted to stay for more. It is paradise. Although we originally just wanted to relax in our Villa and enjoy the sound of the waves all around us, it turned out we enjoyed the island so much that we were involved in every activity they had, from feeding the rays, snorkeling around the water bungalows, to cocktail making and Yoga classes, swimming at the pool while waiting for our pizza right there at the tip of the pool, eating at every restaurant and bar, participating in Maldivian Experience Night, doing many water sports with the guys at the Water Sport Center (we got to do whale shark watching and we saw 4 of them, including 2 turtles and many different species of fish; my wife did Kite & Wind surfing -- by the way, if you get seasick make sure you bring or get something at the reception before the trip). We also found their "secret bar" (free drinks) and found the secret message in a bottle (exactly what it sounds like). Throughout our stay we got to talk to many people who work there, (like the ones we already named), Izza, the bartender at the Lagoon Bar who prepared awesome drinks for us every time we stopped by; Mr. Sas (a sort of Restaurant manager, I believe), a very interesting and friendly person who stopped to chat with us at every single opportunity he had, and there's many more. They all made our stay a magical experience. I cannot tell more because I do not want to ruin the surprises you can get if your honeymooning in LUX.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dreamy atolls of tropical islands scattered across the Indian Ocean, the Maldives are a kaleidoscope of colours and earthly pleasures. Get away from it all at LUX* South Ari Atoll (formerly LUX* Maldives), the only settlement on the postcard-perfect island of Dhidhoofinolhu. Fuss free and laid-back, the resort surprises with pop-up cinema screenings right on the beach, impromptu musical performances and strolls along secret pathways through the lush tropical gardens. Just steps from the thatch-roofed suites and ocean-perched villas, the island's unspoilt beaches are yours to claim. A prime spot for snorkelling and whale-shark spotting, the resort's unblemished lagoon is a diver's dreamworld. Back on land, island street food and fine dining await in the tempting restaurants and bars. In the shade of coconut palms, lounge by the two turquoise pools, luxuriate in the ocean-view spa and surrender to the charms of this castaway idyll. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelbag, Holiday Gems, Agoda, Southall Travel and Booking.com so you can book your LUX* South Ari Atoll reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lux* Maldives Hotel South Ari Atoll
- Diva Maldives Hotel
- Diva Maldives South Ari Atoll