My husband and I stayed at Lux for 9 nights for our honeymoon. Overall, the resort is great, service is top notch, and we couldn't have wished for a better honeymoon. There are, however, a few points to keep in mind as you are planning your trip to the resort:
1) Overwater villas are a bit dated. We had chipping paint on our terrace and some other small points showing rooms' age. The infinity pool also had some chipping tiles.
2) Snorkeling out of your villa is just mediocre and the house reif trip is also just ok. There are better places to go if you are all about snorkeling. Diving, however, was top notch and my husband took full advantage of it
3) All inclusive package is great on wine and liquors as it has a huge selection, but some basic things are not included. For example, whilst it is advertised that all restaurants are included, the japanese Umami one is not. Also, only limited things from mini bar are included. Freshly squizzed juices are not inclused, which seems ironic-- include a 75 dollar bottle of champagne, but not a 5 dollar juice. Also silly for a resort claiming to be really healthy.
4) Another aspect of healthy-- whilst buffets and all the restaurants are quite good, there really could be more emphasis on healthy things. Salad bar was quite limited and a lot of dishes were very oily and buttery.
5)Most honeymooners would get a honeymoon dinner on the bach-- DO NOT GO. It was by far the worst meal we had on the island. Wilted salad, cold grilled items, and bad music.
6)Carts around the island could definitely go more often-- there were many times when I walked back and forth to where I needed to go and still no cart in sight/ more than 20 min wait.
If you keep these things in mind, you won't have any surprises and know what to expect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dreamy atolls of tropical islands scattered across the Indian Ocean, the Maldives are a kaleidoscope of colours and earthly pleasures. Get away from it all at LUX* South Ari Atoll (formerly LUX* Maldives), the only settlement on the postcard-perfect island of Dhidhoofinolhu. Fuss free and laid-back, the resort surprises with pop-up cinema screenings right on the beach, impromptu musical performances and strolls along secret pathways through the lush tropical gardens. Just steps from the thatch-roofed suites and ocean-perched villas, the island's unspoilt beaches are yours to claim. A prime spot for snorkelling and whale-shark spotting, the resort's unblemished lagoon is a diver's dreamworld. Back on land, island street food and fine dining await in the tempting restaurants and bars. In the shade of coconut palms, lounge by the two turquoise pools, luxuriate in the ocean-view spa and surrender to the charms of this castaway idyll. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Destinology, Holiday Gems, Booking.com, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Agoda, Southall Travel, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your LUX* South Ari Atoll reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lux* Maldives Hotel South Ari Atoll
- Diva Maldives Hotel
- Diva Maldives South Ari Atoll