We have just returned from a week at Lux Maldives. This was our first experience of the Maldives and it was amazing! The standard of accommodation and service, helpfulness and friendliness of staff (special mention to Jaufar who looked after our water villa for us), quality of food/drink, resort cleanliness and extensive range of activities was excellent. Quite quiet in the evenings, but we did enjoy the musician in the East bar on our last night.
My husband and I had a coffee scrub at the Spa - incredible! And very, very relaxing.
Our teenage kids really enjoyed snorkelling in the lagoon and other watersports, and were able to have freedom around the island which also gave us time to ourselves to really wind down.
We loved the little surprise pop-ups - like drinks and hammocks on a secluded stretch of beach - and the 'message in a bottle' is a lovely idea, particularly for younger kids.
Our family water villa was very spacious, clean, and had an incredible view (a bit noisy on the night of a monsoon storm but all part of the experience!) - even with a few niggles regarding the air-conditioning, we were delighted with it and it worked very well for a family of four.
If you are considering going to Lux Maldives, we strongly suggest the all-inclusive package as it offers good value for money.
Overall, a wonderful experience, we hope to come back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dreamy atolls of tropical islands scattered across the Indian Ocean, the Maldives are a kaleidoscope of colours and earthly pleasures. Get away from it all at LUX* South Ari Atoll (formerly LUX* Maldives), the only settlement on the postcard-perfect island of Dhidhoofinolhu. Fuss free and laid-back, the resort surprises with pop-up cinema screenings right on the beach, impromptu musical performances and strolls along secret pathways through the lush tropical gardens. Just steps from the thatch-roofed suites and ocean-perched villas, the island's unspoilt beaches are yours to claim. A prime spot for snorkelling and whale-shark spotting, the resort's unblemished lagoon is a diver's dreamworld. Back on land, island street food and fine dining await in the tempting restaurants and bars. In the shade of coconut palms, lounge by the two turquoise pools, luxuriate in the ocean-view spa and surrender to the charms of this castaway idyll. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Booking.com, Destinology, Expedia, Hotels.com, Prestigia, Southall Travel, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, HotelsClick and Cancelon so you can book your LUX* South Ari Atoll reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lux* Maldives Hotel South Ari Atoll
- Diva Maldives Hotel
- Diva Maldives South Ari Atoll