Holiday Island Resort & Spa
LUX* South Ari Atoll(Dhidhoofinolhu Island)
US$1,214
US$786
  • Beachfront
Vakarufalhi Island Resort(Vakarufalhi Island)
US$438
US$986
US$292
US$280
  • Beachfront
Sun Island Resort and Spa(Nalaguraidhoo Island)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshalf boardfishoutdoor showerwhite sandwater sportsour waiterpalm treesroom numbersouvenir shopaerial viewindian oceanwashing linewhale sharksparadise on earthbit dateddive centrefront office
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 August 2012

I booked this holiday 6 days in advance. I paid £1000 for 14 nights all inclusive with return flights from MAnchester. Seemed too good to be true and was weary as to why it was so cheap.... However, once i had arrived i was blown back by its charm, sophistication and paradise on earth. The island was stunning, staff friendly. My room was a beach side detached bungalow with the added bliss of massive bathroom and choice of shower inside or outside in sunshine. Pure bliss.... The food was plentiful and service fantastic. It was the most memorable holiday ever. The colour of the fish are electric and the sea almost as warm as the air. Cannot fault this island at all and i hope to return again one day.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
18  Thank petalcatkins
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Can't compare with other Maldives resorts (only with one that we have visited during our stay for a few hours) but we get exactly what we expected and enjoyed our vacation a lot! Staying on a FB, you can't do any better.

We have particularly chosen this resort because the rooms were all the same for all guests (same type so you don't meet poshy guests who think they are something extra just because they paid few bucks extra for a villa on the sea...). We knew what we were looking for and get it.

We were not booking through an agent but all by ourselves. During our stay, we have visited one larger resort with a pool (boy, why whould you book a resort with pool in the middle of the ocean?!) and too many tourists and we just didn't like how crowded it was.

Everything was just perfect, food was with some Italian touch, selection very good, rooms nice... vacation is usually how you make it and if you are paying reasonable money for a 4* star resort, then you should not expect 5*. If you want to have a nice vacation for two, Holiday Island is definitely a good choice.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
10  Thank Bratislava_Rocks
Reviewed 7 June 2012

This has got to be one of the best holidays I have ever been on in my entire life and probably ever will be. This is just a tropical paradise - heaven on earth! What more can I say...

The beach huts, the staff, the food, the location were A* and I cannot say one bad thing at all about it!

The staff here are the most polite, exceptionally well mannered and helpful people I have ever met in all my travels.

I relaxed for the whole week (wish I went for 3 weeks but I'm not a millionaire). It is practically empty, you would see so many people at dinner in the evenings (but certainly not crammed) and then you wouldn't see them again until the following evening. Everyone has there very own section on the island and so you are totally undisturbed. I loved it here, I loved everything about it and it is my dream that I will return here one day in the not so distant future. I was so sad to leave and not a day goes by when I have a memory of my time here.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
9  Thank ripplingtaw
Reviewed 30 May 2012

I felt the need to write this review as i felt the review pior to this one is totaly uncalled for.
We have been to this island four times and had an amazing time each and every time.
The island its self is a island of sheer beauty and i would say is Paradise at its best,the colour of the ocean when you arrive at the jetty is breathe taking
We have travelled to the Maldives 10 times and stayed at 7 different islands and this one is the one that touched our hearts the most.
The managers and staff do their best to make your holiday as enjoyable as possible i couldnt believe that they would not show anyone no concern for their health and would seek out a doctor if need be,i know there is a doctor comes to the island or they have one at the sister island which is close by and has a free transfer if you go there.
I cant comment on the transfers as it was a seaplane transfer the last time we were able to go.
For anyone who has booked to go to this island please dont be put off by negative comments, you are going to a beautiful island a island i call Paradise on Earth where staff go that extra mile to make your hoilday very special indeed.
Go and see for yourselves am sure you wont be dissapointed.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
7  Thank gillmc
Reviewed 8 March 2012

THE RESORT IS NOT WORTH ANYWAY THE PRICE PAID.
THIS IS A 2 STARS HOTEL.

QUALITY OF FOOD: VERY BAD.
My experience: once at breakfast they offered battered cheese. It made me sick a whole day. Although I complained, the managers watched the degradation of my state of health,
they did not call the doctor and laughed about my condition…

QUALITY OF MANAGEMENT: VERY BAD.
They are completely incompetent and lack of professionalism.
Firstly, managers do believe that tourists will fly by seaplane. It is not true!!!
The resort’s owner has a private jet company. It makes tourists to fly with this aircrafts and never by seaplane. In that way he imposes people to fly at the time he wants at risk for you of losing one full day of paid vacation. It is really dishonest!!!
My experience: I booked to stay the last day until 4:00 PM as my departure flight from Male AIROPORT was at 8:00 PM. They obliged us to leave at 2:00PM, 6 hours before the departure of flight and we obliged to stay at the airport 5 hours waiting for our return flight to Europe.

VERY NOISY PLACE CAUSE THE AIRPORT VERY CLOSE

NO ANIMATION STAFF NEITHER IN THE MORNING NOR IN THE EVENING

EXPLOITATION OF EMPLOYEES
Instead of the resorts owner who has 5 resorts and an airport, the employees are paid about 200 US DOLLARS. It is a shame!!!

THE ONLY GOOD POINT IS EMPLOYEES (WATER SPORTS, RECEPTION, ROOM BOY)

THE MANAGERS OVER ALL THE GENERAL MANAGER AND MR ALI MOHAMED ARE COMPLETELY INCOMPETENT AND DESERVE CHANGING JOB

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple