“The best holiday I have ever had”

Holiday Island Resort & Spa
Reviewed 18 October 2012

Wow what a fantastic island to spend a tranquil 12 days from deep sea fishing, snorkelling, resting and well having what a holiday should be restful especially for a busy chef/ restauranteurs. The food was excellent great variety everyday including great vegetarian food so I don't know what that other reviewer was on about. The outdoor shower of your bath room is just wonderful, the rooms are very clean with a fresh stock of bottled water everyday(free). Nasi (Ahmed Nazeeh) was the most gracious host/manager and our every whim was catered too. The staff are just lovely, very friendly and polite. A big thank you to Yoonus our waiter for your great service and brilliant sense of humour. Thank you to Daniel at the reggae bar/ sports centre michael and I really enjoyed the chats and the wonderful 6pm sunsets see photos. This is not a commercial island like its sister island sun island which we spent a day on, the best thing on that island was the Zero cafe which was excellent but too busy for us we were very delighted to return to our little piece of paradise. Don't listen to the other negative reviews, if you are looking for beauty, great food, quietness, great service and a chilled island this is the one for you. We are already planning our next trip. The best pool in the world ... The Indian Ocean wow

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the jetty side
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank artychef

Reviewed 15 October 2012

Having looked the islands location up on google earth (always do this before I boom anywhere!) I noticed that one side of the island has a view of an airport under construction, sounds bad doesn't it but if you get a room on the jetty side you never know its there, paid twice as much last time I went to Maldives and you really can't beat this place for value, huge warm lagoon that you can walk safely without sharp coral ripping your feet, views from the jetty side are perfect, really unspoiled place, all rooms are set back behind the tree line giving a real deserted island feel. Service was excellent, I would go again no problem.

• Stayed: September 2012
5  Thank RobKelly74
Reviewed 7 October 2012

Can't understand all the negative reviews admittedly not 5* luxury if that's what you want pay for it,
Bungalows basic but clean ,staff extremely friendly & helpfully, food very good, swimming pool is the Indian Ocean who needs a man made one I would recommend this resort to anyone who wishes to visit the maldives but does not want to pay the high prices in other Maldivian resorts

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Charlie D
Reviewed 8 September 2012

you can relax and enjoy more your privacy, very peaceful, not as much crowded as the sister Island called Sun Island, can visit them through the free ferry provided, more activites in Sun Is. (land or water) but I went to Holiday because I prefer to relax and enjoy it with my wife, the island and the view is terrific, unbelievably clear, turquoise and silent water, from jetty to the island is about 1km long and it's only waist to chest deep, so more swimming space great for kids too, staff are friendly and helpful but needs more improvement communicating, drinks and spas are not cheap, we had a full board and the food will greater your expectation. Room is average but spacious, good cleaning service towel changed everyday, 2 free water, tea, coffee daily. what I love most is the honesty of the staff, forgot a lot of stuffs like camera, sunnies and it's been return before we realised it was missing and they still provided us breakfast eventhough our departure flight is earlier than the time they serve breakfast, we really got taken care of.

Room Tip: choose the room from 136-169 it's more relaxing and the view is perfect specially in sunset
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Drew D
Reviewed 26 August 2012

I booked this holiday 6 days in advance. I paid £1000 for 14 nights all inclusive with return flights from MAnchester. Seemed too good to be true and was weary as to why it was so cheap.... However, once i had arrived i was blown back by its charm, sophistication and paradise on earth. The island was stunning, staff friendly. My room was a beach side detached bungalow with the added bliss of massive bathroom and choice of shower inside or outside in sunshine. Pure bliss.... The food was plentiful and service fantastic. It was the most memorable holiday ever. The colour of the fish are electric and the sea almost as warm as the air. Cannot fault this island at all and i hope to return again one day.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
18  Thank petalcatkins
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Can't compare with other Maldives resorts (only with one that we have visited during our stay for a few hours) but we get exactly what we expected and enjoyed our vacation a lot! Staying on a FB, you can't do any better.

We have particularly chosen this resort because the rooms were all the same for all guests (same type so you don't meet poshy guests who think they are something extra just because they paid few bucks extra for a villa on the sea...). We knew what we were looking for and get it.

We were not booking through an agent but all by ourselves. During our stay, we have visited one larger resort with a pool (boy, why whould you book a resort with pool in the middle of the ocean?!) and too many tourists and we just didn't like how crowded it was.

Everything was just perfect, food was with some Italian touch, selection very good, rooms nice... vacation is usually how you make it and if you are paying reasonable money for a 4* star resort, then you should not expect 5*. If you want to have a nice vacation for two, Holiday Island is definitely a good choice.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
10  Thank Bratislava_Rocks
Reviewed 7 June 2012

This has got to be one of the best holidays I have ever been on in my entire life and probably ever will be. This is just a tropical paradise - heaven on earth! What more can I say...

The beach huts, the staff, the food, the location were A* and I cannot say one bad thing at all about it!

The staff here are the most polite, exceptionally well mannered and helpful people I have ever met in all my travels.

I relaxed for the whole week (wish I went for 3 weeks but I'm not a millionaire). It is practically empty, you would see so many people at dinner in the evenings (but certainly not crammed) and then you wouldn't see them again until the following evening. Everyone has there very own section on the island and so you are totally undisturbed. I loved it here, I loved everything about it and it is my dream that I will return here one day in the not so distant future. I was so sad to leave and not a day goes by when I have a memory of my time here.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
#1 of 1 in Nalaguraidhoo Island
LUX* South Ari Atoll
LUX* South Ari Atoll
#1 of 1 in Dhidhoofinolhu Island

Been to Holiday Island Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!