My husband and I were guests of this great resort in April 2013 (our honeymoon :) ). It was a magnificent experience and everytime we watch the hundreds of photos taken, we wish that we never left. Everything was just right, from the flight (with Edelweiss), to the accomodations, staff and mostly, the water ! The reef barrier that potects the island makes the water around it calm and warm all day long and you can swimming or snorkeling along with different fishes or even baby sharks. You can go snorkeling with the the tortoises (really big ones), see the dolphins or even the bull sharks (they are scary, indeed, but not dangerous if you know how to behave around them).
We were on the all inclusive package and it was the best choice, the drinks at the bar or restaurant were pretty expensive. We also visited the local island near the resort and I was impressed by the people and their way of living. We went to Sun Island also for a day, and it was interesting, mostly because of the water villas and the pool, but it was more commercial and crowded, so we got back quickly to our own piece of heaven on Holiday Island.
The food was very good and we always found something to eat, although it wasn't very diversified (mostly fish, chicken and beef). We aren't picky so we enjoyed it. The desserts are very good, altough very sweet.
We stayed in the room 152 (near the sports area and beach bar) and it was lovely, very quiet and relaxing.
It is a destination that I recommend to everyone who appreciates nature and the beautiful things that it offers us, so if you are looking for luxury or parties all night long, this is not the place for you. :)
We have already made plans to go there again next year !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Holiday Island Resort & Spa, the rush of time slows. The crystalline seas and soft, sandy shores remain as nature made them, beckoning guests to one of the world’s last unspoiled paradises. Shape your dream holiday at this secluded Maldives beach hotel, where pristine beauty, personalized service and modern indulgences have formed a retreat of unparalleled allure. Explore the underwater treasures of one of the world’s premier dive locations. Sip a cocktail on your private terrace as you watch the sun dip below the horizon. Or simply lounge on the white coral sand and soak up the radiant sun. Escape to this tranquil, wonderfully relaxed choice of Maldives beach resorts, and discover a tangible embodiment of your ideal tropical paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your Holiday Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Island Resort And Spa
- Holiday Island Hotel South Ari Atoll
- Hotel Holiday Island
- Holiday Island Maldives
- Holiday Island Resort Maldives