Lily Beach Resort & Spa
US$879
US$841
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Vakarufalhi Island Resort(Vakarufalhi Island)
US$481
Hotwire.com
  • Pool
US$318
  • Beachfront
LUX* South Ari Atoll(Dhidhoofinolhu Island)
US$1,214
US$786
Mirihi Island Resort(Mirihi)
US$722
US$660
  • Breakfast included
Ocean Beach Inn(Hangnaameedhoo Island)
US$68
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
Oliva Palm Cottages(Dhigurah Island)
TripAdvisor
2,263 results
All reviewsplatinum planocean adventureour honeymoonfishwater villamain restaurantsea planeglass floorkids clubour waiterinfinity poolaqua barmini barall inclusive packagesunset cruisea la cartehoney moon
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 January 2012

we spent 8 days at Lily Beach during Christmas holidays (family with 3 teenagers) . everything was organized for you to relax and enjoy the lagoon, Beach and Hotel's facilities . You never feel crowded and there are lots of activities . The Coral reef is very near and you can do your snorkelling without having to take a boat. In a nutshell, a very pleasant resort we highly recommend. Thierry G

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank thierry G
patriceaira2017, other at Lily Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2018

Reviewed 9 January 2012

Lily Beach war die 4 Insel der Maldiven, die wir besucht haben und die beste. Obwohl alle Villen ausgebucht waren, hatte man nie das Gefühl der Enge. Es gab keine Warteschlangen und auch keine Schlacht um Strand/Poolliegen. Die Gesamtanlage ist großzügig gestaltet. Das Restaurant- und Essensangebot ist sensationell gut. Das Hausriff ist leicht erreichbar und ein wahres Schnorchelparadies. Der Service ist in allen Bereichen excellent. Die Anlage ist uneingeschränkt empfehlenswert

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Thomas P

Reviewed 9 January 2012

The best place for a Relaxing holiday. Great staff, great amenities, super service. We are going back again sooner rather than later.

Room Tip: Go for the water villas, it is an experience
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank seaneka7

Reviewed 8 January 2012

I booked this holiday a surprise for my wife and 2 kids (4 year old and 4 month old).

No holiday to he Maldives is cheap but I think relative to what you can pay, if you have decided the Maldives if for you, then Lily Beach is certainly an option you should consider. We stayed in a Beach Villa which was lovely and big enough for 3 plus a baby.

Anyone who has done their research will know the food is all inclusive and I personally had no problems with the food. For starters and mains I felt there was a good choice, we stayed for a week and it didn't feel too repetitive. My only gripe would be the deserts which I felt were a little too visually impressive but didn't actually look that appealing to me. In a hot climate, I preferred fruits (themselves a luxury when they are flown in).

Staff in the restaurant were great and we really felt that they made a special effort because we had probably the youngest infant there.

Talking of which the childrens club was great, too. We were worried our 4 year old would feel 'dumped' there and want to stay with us. Wrong! By day 2 she was begging to go down there. They even agreed to take our 4 month old at no extra cost, which, having read previous reviews, I know they could have charged for.

I completed my PADi course there and again I can have no complaints. I started it where I live (Channel Islands) and noticed no difference in terms of quality of equipment, etc. If anything, I suspect that the staff at Ocean Pro may have alot more experience than the Dive school here in Jersey. I was lucky enough to dive with a local teacher, Atifu, who was super chilled and this calmness really put me at ease, too.

All in all, having spent alot to get there, I have no regrets and would recommend it. Maybe 2 weeks on the same island would be too much (I swam round the whole island in 45 mins). If you are looking for alot of sightseeing, activites, etc then the Maldives is not for you.

The free trips included with Lily Beach are fairly basic and at the mercy to the weather, so although they are part of the package, I was happy treat them as a bonus and did not have too high expectations.

Finally, I will end with the house reef. I spent alot of time snorkelling in between the diving and I have to say that the corals and reef fish really are amazing. I personally could watch them all day and even a very weak swimmer can find a spot with 3 foot of water and put a mask on!

I hope to return to the Maldives again and although I would choose another island just for variety I would 100% recommend Lily Beach.

Room Tip: Don't recall room numbers but I felt the restaurant side had a better and less visited reefs than the side with the watersports centre.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank Richard A

Reviewed 8 January 2012

We stayed in a deluxe over-water villa for 10 days in December 2011. The villa was large, with a big comfortable bed and everything worked perfectly. The deck was totally private, so no worries about being seen by the neighbours. The spa pool on the deck is bigger than it looks in the web site photographs, and has powerful jets. The lagoon is about 4 feet deep, with direct access from the deck; the steps even have a hot shower. The house reef is only 15 yards away, but the lagoon has sharp bits of coral so take swim shoes if you’re not wearing fins.

The bathroom was huge; the inside/outside arrangement cleverly allows you to watch the fish whilst in the shower or toilet! The room was properly serviced twice daily and the minibar refilled, including wine, each morning. We watched fish, including rays, from the deck and through the amazing glass floor in the entrance hall.

The main restaurant Lily Maa had wide choices to a high standard and every night was themed. We thought the French and Indian Ocean nights particularly good. Every meal had chefs cooking different dishes from scratch as we watched, including desserts. This resort has a surprisingly good range of European cheeses, properly kept by the French Executive chef - who was always on hand to explain each dish. Service was just right - subtle but attentive. The all inclusive includes a choice of some 90 bottles of wines (not just white/red carafes) and they had every one we asked for.

Many of the other guests were young Chinese or Japanese on honeymoon, so the bars were quiet in the evenings and service very attentive, with waiters remembering drink orders from the previous night. There was a wide range of cocktails, although some were better mixed than others.

The water sports centre was helpful and had plenty of snorkelling gear. The coral is in excellent condition and of course there are endless types of fish including different types of rays and reef sharks. We saw turtles, including from a pedalo. Start snorkelling from the eastern end of the island and drift west with the current, snorkel at high tide to swim over the coral - water sports people were very good at explaining the tides and currents.

A highlight was the “coral garden” snorkelling trip where we were taken to pristine coral away from the islands, again to drift with the current with the boat drifting with us. Two trips are included in the package: we also went to the atoll’s capital island and saw dolphins and flying fish on the way there and back.

It does rain in the Maldives, but this resort has an endless supply of umbrellas and the restaurant tables move in and out of doors at speed as the weather changes. But bad weather leads to boat trip cancellations, so worth getting trips booked early.

We flew London to Male direct with BA on near empty (in economy, but packed in premium and club) planes. No point in paying to select seats - everyone laid out across three seats each, both ways.

Lily Beach is as close to perfection as it gets. We would not hesitate to recommend this island.

Room Tip: Over-water villas are very special, those furthest away from the island are most private.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple