“An Unforgettable Memory”

Lily Beach Resort & Spa
Reviewed 3 June 2014

It is a really wonderful and unforgettable memory to my husband and me. We stayed here for four nights. During the time, we have experienced many exciting activities such as snorkeling, fishing, spa, and visiting the garden. People there are very friendly and helpful. (Especially the boy named Nemo. ) Food is delicious and varied. We are so grateful that Lily provides such a nice honeymoon for us.

Room Tip: DX WATER VILLA is most valuable. Too many ants in the beach villa.
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
BILLON P, General Manager at Lily Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Valuable Guest
I would like to associate my self to the whole team of LILY BEACH to say thank you for taking your precious time to drop this wonderful review . We are so happy that we manage to exceed your expectation and offer you a new KINGDOM . We will be waiting for you at your next visit and hopefully we will offer you a new experience with us . See you soon and take care .

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Everything in the lily island is amazing, the service, facilities,view. We are enjoy our trip and have a nice memory here.It was like in a dream being on Lily Beach. Awesome place. Great service. Luxury on every level: from having your breakfast on the beach, through the exotic food and beautiful areas. Laying at the Infinity pool and having people bringing you fruits and drinks, cleaning your glasses and adjusting your umbrella... we felt like king and queen. Lily Maa Restaurant was excellent, surprising you everyday with a different world-class cuisine. The waiters are there to read every wish from your eyes... AMAZING! The villas are super exclusive and super clean (twice a day). Awesome massages will help totally forget reality. Snorkeling and diving, excursion to a local island or playing tennis.... you can do whatever you want and will never wanna leave.

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear Valuable Guest ,
It seem by your review we manage to exceed all your expectation , on the behalf of all LILY BEACH many thanks for taking time to wright this nice Review . We are all waiting for your next visit , see you soon .

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Best honeymoon it could have been! Everything was just perfect! We stayed in an over water bungalow, best experience ever! The people working at the hotel are so nice and helpful. The food is really good. The diving center was great. Lily Beach is one of the best place to do snorkeling. We also did an excursion to snorkel with whale shark, I will never forget it! We strongly recommend this resort.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank nath6644

Dear Valuable Guest ,

On the behalf of the whole team of Lily Beach many thank for taking time to share your feedback with TripAdvisor . We were so happy to receive you in our Resort for Special occasion and by the words of you review we manage to offer you a special experience . We all hope to see you back soon maybe for your 1st anniversary and we will do our best to offer you again a new dimension of experience .

Reviewed 1 June 2014

After browsing for a resort on Maldives my wife and I, we have decided to book for Lily Beach for our honeymoon. I admit that I was very curious about money for value of this resort but just after the first day we knew that this was the right place! Everything was more then perfect...the staff listens and deeply cares about your comfort. They are very attentive and predict what you will need next... just in our second dinner the waiter was already asking "The same as yesterday? Two expressos, one macallan and one port?"
If you are questioning if Lily Beach is THE resort, YES it definitely is.
We were in a water villa that was cleaned twice a day and I never noticed the cleaner on the water villa. I don't know how they manage it...but we get out for 40m for breakfast and when we returned was already cleaned! Impressive!
Food and drink quality is very very good! In drinks only premium brands are available...the wine selection is very good either.
We met other couple from Germany and it was their second time on Lilly Beach because they did not wanted to take risks in other resort as they were so happy from their first experience at lily, so they have returned to lily again. I could notice very clear that the staff enjoyed to work at Lily...the ones that I had more private and personal conversations all of them shared very good things about the resort kindness for the staff in comparison to other resorts.
I don't have to much more in addition to say on top of what everyone has already shared. If I consider to try again Maldives in the future, definitely Lily beach will be my 1st option.

Thanks Lily for the wonderful moments and experience.

Room Tip: We were at watervilla 324. You can clearly see the sunset from the deck. It is wonderfoul.
2  Thank Helder R

Dear Mr Helder R
What can we say on your beautiful review , Only thank you ! I and all the team of LILY BEACH are so proud that we manage to exceed your expectation and surprise you on our quality of service and value . As other Loyal guest with who you shared your comment we are happy to know that we hold the first place of choice for your next visit to Maldives . We will be waiting for you and do all our best to offer a new dimension of Happiness .

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Amazing views, design, layout and excellent assortment of food, a la carte was really good but u have to book early. All staff are very kind and you are well looked after. We would go back every year, we looked at other islands and this was the best. Spa was unbelievable, so relaxed.

• Stayed: May 2014
BILLON P, General Manager at Lily Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Valuable Guest ,

What else can I say ! THANK YOU and see you back soon .

General manager

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My husband and I spent a few weeks reading TripAdvisor reviews and other websites looking for a good Maldivian resort. We wanted an all inclusive resort with the unique over-the-water villas and a great house reef. We looked into a few different places, but after talking to a travel agent and reading the awesome reviews, we settled on Lily Beach.

It took us 31 hour door-to-door from our house to the resort. A puddlejumper plane took us from the Male airport to the resort, then we had a short 15 minute boatride to the location. The check-in process was seamless...we were welcomed with drinks and all of the paperwork all ready for us. To save a little money, we opted to stay 3 days at the water villas and 4 days at a lagoon villa. The staff took us on a little golfcart to our water villa, and our bags were dropped off shortly after.

The water villa was magnificent! Everything was ready, clean, and beautifully set up for us. We stayed in room 307, which is the last water villa on the right side. The benefit was that we had no close neighbors on the left side, since there is a much bigger separation between the water villas and the sunset water villas. In addition, since it was so far away, we rarely had any snorkelers swimming by our villa. However, the walk from our villa to the closest bar was a 10-15 minute walk. The reef was right outside our door, so we spent the entire 3 days snorkeling and enjoying our private deck and pool, only leaving for food and drinks.

After our 3 days at the water villa, we moved to the lagoon villa. The room itself was nice and the view, though not as great as the water villas, was still fantastic. The lagoon villas face the neighboring island and plane/boat docks, so it is a little louder and less private of a view than at the water villas. The downside with the water villas is that the bathroom is outdoors (the shower and toilet have an awning covering it though), so when it is very windy and raining, taking a trip to the bathroom is a small adventure. Also, since the lagoon villas are technically on land, there are many more bugs.

THE GOOD:
- All the staff, from the front desk to the wait staff, are always genuinely helpful and friendly. Staff will offer to carrying your plates of food from the buffet to your table, or carrying a small tote for the quick walk from the boat dock to the front desk. Despite the number of visitors they see, they still can remember your preferences at dinner.
- The Maldives is a beautiful place. On a clear night, you can see the Milky Way, which is such a unique experience for those of us that live in large metro cities.
- The resort is so clean, orderly, and well taken care of. Staff are constantly raking away falling leaves and smoothing out the sand.
- The house reef was great, which was very important to my husband and I. We were able to snorkel a few feet from our water villa and see a variety of corals and fish.
- The majority of their clientele are from Asia, where culturally they try to stay away from tanning or getting too much sun. As a result, the pool areas are pretty quiet. We had no issues finding places to sit...most of the times, the chairs at the deck are 50% empty.

THE OK:
- The internet was very spotty throughout the island. It may not matter to those who use vacations to digitally unplug from the world, but my husband likes to use his vacations to catch up on personal email or web surfing. We had to call the staff numerous times to fix the connection. However, to their credit, having any internet in the middle of the Indian Ocean is a feat in itself and the staff always responded quickly.
- The lagoon villas, and I imagine also the beach villas, have more bug issues than the over-the-water villas. On our first night in the lagoon villa, there were 2 2-inch flying cockroaches in our room. We called the staff to come spray and kill the cockroaches, but by the time they arrived in our room, the cockroaches went into hiding. We ended up switching rooms that night for sanity reasons. The room we switched to luckily did not have cockroach issues, but there were constantly ants all over the toilet and ants trying to crawl inside. The resort does do two resort-wide bug sprays during the day, but unfortunately they can't get to every part of the island.
- As mentioned above, the resort does an island-wide pest control spray at 6:30am and 5:30pm daily. I personally try to stay away from pesticides, insecticides, and "chemicals", so the idea of a mandatory island-wide spray did not make me happy. I'm sure the chemicals they use aren't harmful, but it's just a personal choice I try to make. However, after seeing the bug issues in the lagoon villas, I understand why they do it. We made a point to be inside by 5:30pm so we don't get stuck in the spray, but on our last night we happened to be at the pool during the spraydown. It was very potent and happened without much warning, so just try to avoid it as much as you can!
- The majority of the visitors (at least 60%) were from Asia, which causes quite a language and cultural barrier with the english-speaking staff. I am surprised that the resort does not accommodate more to their growing clientele, since there are not a lot of translation signs and there were only 2 chinese-speaking staff available. It made meal times and excursions an unique game of charades! As a result, not all the visitors are aware of resort rules...such as not feeding bread to the marinelife or stepping on coral. I think their lack of translations and accommodations for non-english speakers will eventually hurt the marinelife around the resort, and I hope that they will do a better job of communications for all their visitors.
- There are alot of food options, but after a while, the options start all tasting the same. Luckily, for lunch, we had options to eat at the pool restaurants, but the breakfast buffet remained the same every single day we were there.

FYIs:
- Due to the visitor demographics, smoking is allowed in the two pool restaurants. I personally am not a smoker and do not enjoy being in areas of heavy smoke, but luckily both restaurants are basically open-air seating so it's not that bad. Just an FYI for those who are also sensitive to smoking.
- The best snorkeling on the island is near the water villas. The reef is closer near the lagoon villas, but corals and fish are not as good. For those staying at the beach/lagoon villas, I would recommend walking out to the water villas for snorkeling.
- Technically we went during the rainy season. I was worried when I first booked, but it was worth the gamble. For the first 5 days, we had about 2-3 showers that lasted 10 minutes long, and one storm that blew through during the evening. Unfortunately, it was cloudy the last 2 days we were there and rained quite a bit. However, it wasn't bad enough to ruin the vacation and we were still able to enjoy time at the beach and pool.

All in all, we had a great trip and it was worth our almost 70 hour roundtrip transit. We would definitely recommend friends to visit and will hopefully return one day :)

Room Tip: I would recommend everyone to stay in the water villa, even just for 2 days, for the unique experien...
12  Thank Emily V

Dear Valuable Guest ,

I would like to say thank you for taking your precious time to drop this nice review and adding several feedback on which we will take good note . We are not perfect but with the help of your comments we do our best to be excellent. We hope to see you back soon and once again thank you to share your experience with all TripAdvisor .

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We went here for our honeymoon, I have to say it is the bet place I have ever been. The villas are clean spacious and very comfortable. The towels are changed every day, the beds turned down twice a day. The mini bar topped up everyday. Beach towels are clean and luxurious. The restaurant has such a choice it would suite the fussiest of eaters. the Teppanyaki table is just wonderful. Fine dining if you chose, the main restaurant or in room dining, the choice is yours. The staff are polite and friendly. I cannot recommend this hotel enough. We will be returning to celebrate our first wedding anniversary without a doubt. Go and experience it for yourself.

2  Thank Fiona S

Dear Valuable Guest ,

Many thanks for your review , we are all proud to see that for your special event we manage to offer you a superb experience but sorry that we did not manage to offer our Water Villa experience due to the high occupancy . However we will do all necessary at your next visit for your first anniversary.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Huvahandhoo Island
#1 of 1 in Dhidhoofinolhu Island
Mirihi Island Resort
Mirihi Island Resort
#1 of 1 in Mirihi

Been to Lily Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!