Lily Beach is a lovely resort with a great high end all inclusive package. It definitely deserves 4.5 stars but Trip Adv only allows for round numbers. Highlights for us included the cocktails (v. skilled bar men), the spa, the amazing dive centre and the staff/ service (especially Nabeel who was our waiter for much of the holiday). We enjoyed the food at Lily Maa the buffet restaurant, particularly the curry and ocean nights and they had some good wines included in the AI package. Tamarind, the a la carte restaurant was really excellent and in a beautiful setting over the water. Our room, a lagoon villa, although semidetached, was spacious and we didn't hear anything from the neighbouring room. We were impressed by the excellent quality finish- dark woods, very comfortable bed great outdoor bathroom. This high quality finish and design was echoed in the overall design of the island.
If you snorkel or dive you will be very happy at Lily Beach. There's a good house reef (octopus, Bat fish, shoals of parrot fish etc). The dive team were really excellent. Very professional and lovely people too. We got to dive with a whale shark and manta rays even though it was 'out of season' for the Rays, the dive centre knew the best spots to take us.
We liked Lily Beach a lot and would happily return given the opportunity.
A few pointers that we feel could make Lily Beach even better (although I am nit picking here!).
Add iPhone/iPod docking stations to rooms or make music channels available on the tv
Lily Maa: lovely sitting outside on the terrace. Inside seating/ atmosphere sometimes felt a little busy.
Check out: it would be a nice touch to offer guests leaving after 12 o'clock check out time late check outs where available and or the opportunity to eat/ drink until departure time free of charge. Shower facilities are available at the spa (but they could do with shampoo and conditioner for ladies please).
Again, this is nitpicking! We were very happy at Lily Beach. Thanks to all for a great holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the deep blue sea of the Indian Ocean, among the scattered small Islands known as the Garland of Flowers (Maldive Islands) of indescribable nature, Lily Beach Resort is the island - Huvahendhoo at the South East Ari-Atoll. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Destinology, Holiday Gems, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Travelbag, Odigeo, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Lily Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lily Beach Resort And Spa
- Lily Beach Hotel South Ari Atoll
- Lily Beach Resort All Inclusive
- Lily Beach Maldives