We have just returned from our 2 week Honeymoon at Lily Beach-it was superb in every aspect!
We booked 1 week in a lagoon villa, which was spacious and luxurious, with a perfect deck for looking out over the lagoon and sea, while relaxing, (the outside bathroom took a little getting used to but was fine generally and very novel!) and then 1 week in a water villa. If the lagoon villa was excellent (which it was) this was sublime! Everything about it was created for comfort, luxury and to make the most of the gorgeous location, from the glass floor to the large deck with infinity pool. It was truly stunning!
The staff in each department at the resort were fantastic-nothing was too much trouble and if we had any requests, a sun-shade umbrella, for example, they were dealt with quickly and efficiently. The housekeeping was excellent and very thorough.
Food in the Lily Maa, contrary to what some have previously said, was excellent and the choice there was truly overwhelming! We have been to other high-end resorts in the in the world plus ‘upmarket’ restaurants in the UK so think we have a reasonable idea of what should be expected, and we have absolutely no complaints in this area! My wife has certain food allergies and these were also catered for very well.
The serving staff were very friendly and attentive. I know some previous reviews have said they came across as impolite or rude, but this was certainly not the case with us. They are softly spoken but the conversation and service we received was second to none and they were extremely on the ball to cater to our needs.
We did scuba (Ocean Pro team were very good and very professional!) and snorkelling-the island is blessed with the very accessible ‘house reef’ which is just stunning and overflowing with marine life.
All in all the island and resort are beautiful, the accommodation is spectacular and the staff were impeccable.
Can’t say much more than that! 5 stars!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ---UNDERGOING UPGRADES--- In the deep blue sea of the Indian Ocean, among the scattered small Islands known as the Garland of Flowers (Maldive Islands) of indescribable nature, Lily Beach Resort is the island - Huvahendhoo at the South East Ari-Atoll. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelbag, Expedia, Holiday Gems, Odigeo, TravelUp and Agoda so you can book your Lily Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lily Beach Resort And Spa
- Lily Beach Hotel South Ari Atoll
- Lily Beach Resort All Inclusive
- Lily Beach Maldives