Asdu Sun Island
Crown Beach Hotel(Dhiffushi Island)(Great Value!)
US$102
  • Breakfast included
Meeru Island Resort & Spa(Meerufenfushi)
US$1,009
US$478
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Araamu Holidays & Spa(Dhiffushi Island)
  • Restaurant
Club Med Finolhu Villas(North Male Atoll)
US$1,981
clubmed.us
  • Breakfast included
Season Paradise(Thulusdhoo Island)(Great Value!)
US$237
US$119
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Adaaran Select Hudhuranfushi(Lhohifushi Island)
US$346
US$250
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
US$491
US$392
  • Pool
Club Med Kani(Kanifinolhu Island)
US$1,070
clubmed.us
US$2,106
US$1,478
  • Breakfast included
Cinnamon Dhonveli Maldives(Farukolhufushi Island)
US$277
US$269
  • Pool
All reviewssmall islandresort islandmaldivian foodcolorful fisheslow tidereefsnorkelmaldivessharksherons
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 June 2008

Where to begin. I stayed there in March and was so excited to finally travel to my dream destination. But, my excitement quickly faded when I saw the island. Its filthy! Looks like it hasnt been properly groomed in years, which is not what you want when you think of a beautiful tropical island. The water is nice, but hello you are in the Maldives the water is going to be nice. The food is horrible. You shouldnt have to fight to eat. Its first come first serve and if you dont get any guess what? You go hungry because you are on an island. The staff was not helpful, borderline rude. The game room is a joke, a ping pong table isnt a game room! Theres nothing to do on the island but swim and even that gets old after 2 weeks. I guess thats what the dirty chickens are for. They give you something to chase. Seriously, I felt robbed after leaving and even discussed my disappointment with the management who didnt care. He was just happy he got his money. DO NOT STAY HERE! Meeru is right across the way and thats where we wanted to stay but it was booked. Its the same price but from what I heard its like a real resort and not some crappy old dirty motel.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple
15  Thank angeleyes027
Reviewed 25 May 2008

I completely disagree with the majority of reviews on this site. Although I stayed here a while ago I had nothing but an amzaing experience. No there is no hot water and no air conditioning but that is not needed considering you have the sea to cool you down all around!
On arrival from being picked up by boat we were greeted with cocktails and shown to our villa with lunch awaiting us. All the food was fresh fish, admittedly not much variation from day to day but there was always fresh fruit, pasta, rice and breakfast was lovely - tea, coffee, juice, fruit, cake, toast and a different dessert everyday.
We were offered fresh cococnut as we relaxed on the beach, learnt to dive - safely, went nightfishing, trip to another island organised for us, and plenty of good snorkelling. They took us out to the sandbar and played music and sang and danced for us and served us breakfast at 4am before our trip by boat back.
No it isn't luxurious but you don't go to the Indian Ocean to snorkel and swim in a hotel pool and sit on a lounger all day - otherwise just go to your nearest hilton or the costa del sol.

• Stayed: July 2005, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nataliecdavies
Reviewed 9 May 2008

I just returned from the Maldives and stayed at 3 different resorts and Asdu was the worst by far. The island is totally unkept and theres shrub everywhere along with chickens running around. Where to begin with the horrible food. I felt like I was in prison the way they serve the food. Its basically first come first serve and when they run out its gone. And, breakfast is a piece of bread and a piece of fruit. I literally had to steal bananas because I got so hungry between lunch and dinner. They dont even allow you to get your own coffee, they walk around with it so that you cant get your own. The staff was totally unfriendly, maybe because they know they work at the worst resort in all of Maldives. The manager was the rudest person I have ever met traveling. We woke up early the morning we were supposed to leave and he told us that the boat had already left and we would have to wait until the next day. Which meant we had to pay for another night only to be told that we had to leave at 5am the next day because that was the only transfer time and he didnt even so sorry. The other 2 resorts were MUCH BETTER I dont know how asdu stays in buisness??

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
6  Thank olivetribe
A TripAdvisor Member
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 20 April 2006

It’s like a bad dream come true when you land on this island. The first thing you notice is the bad smell and the chickens running around the island (not a good thing in a world threatened by bird flu). There is no pool or a nice bar where you can sit, relax and watch the sunset - like at normal resorts. There are hardly any activities offered, maybe because there are hardly any people on the island so why should anyone bother organising anything. The Lonely Plant described this island as easy going and in need of a facelift – a huge understatement – it needs a complete re-construction and new staff.
During our stay in mid April the island was surrounded by large schools of tiny fish just near the beach which was interesting for a while but only until we noticed an unpleasant smell coming from the millions of fish.
The coral around the island is mostly dead, you need to dive to see any good coral.
The dinner is acceptable but only if you eat fish, the lunch is bit poor and the breakfast is a joke.
I wouldn’t recommend this island. If you want to stay in this area choose Meeru Island, it’s also a budget island resort (not as bad as Asdu) and it offers many activities, you can walk along the beach and even have a drink in style near the pool next to the beach. I have been on 5 island resorts in Maldives and Asdu is absolutely the worst one (don't confuse this island with Sun Island Resort).

• Stayed: April 2006
13  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 5 April 2006

in reply to 'a word of warning' my husband and l stayed at asdu at the same time as this couple and had no problems with the hotel. agreed it is basic no shoes no news accommodation with a buffet menu, but there was always plenty to eat and the staff were very accommodating. There was always a pasta option as well as fish and plenty of side dishes. Several families with small children were also staying over the christmas period and all managed very well. The price of Asdu reflects the standard of menu/accommodation and i believe it was very good value for the time of year. Having stayed at several resorts in the Maldives it is certainly not luxurious but benifits from a beautiful beach and easy access to a good reef.

• Stayed: December 2005