Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Kuda Huraa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Cinnamon Dhonveli Maldives(Farukolhufushi Island)
  • Pool
Club Med Kani(Kanifinolhu Island)
Raalhu Lodge(Himmafushi Island)
View Hotel
Adaaran Select Hudhuranfushi(Lhohifushi Island)
  • Beachfront
Gasfinolhu Island Resort(Gasfinolhu Island)
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
Gili Lankanfushi(Lankanfushi)
  • Breakfast included
Paradise Island Resort & Spa(Lankanfinolhu Island)
Season Paradise(Thulusdhoo Island)
1,197 results
All reviewsindian restaurantkids clubsunrise beachfishwater bungalowtropic surfplunge poolseparate islandmain poolspa islandcafe huraawater sportsour honeymoonthe general managersunset loungef boutdoor shower
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 March 2011

This hotel is amazing. You are in an island named "Kuda Huraa" and this resort feels you like you're in a different world. I have a new aspect of life after this trip. I think every couple should go at least once in their life... March - April is the best season as we learnt. This hotel is pecfect for spending time in peaceful.

When you reach Male International Airport, hotel representative meet you and transfer you to the hotel by speed boat. It takes 25 min. The hotel is located on the whole island.

There is also inside transportation on the island. When you tired you can get on easily.

Water bungalows are perfect. You're like on the ocean and can see colorful fishes when you're in your room or balcony. Take a sunbath, eat fruits and drink at the balcony. You can watch ocean during shower.

There are perfect restaurants at the hotel, I mean on the island. Walk on the island, eat, swim, drink, do activities,...

You can wear sport or chic whatever you want. Everyone is relax. I recommend some sports blouse, short, skirt and some chic beach dresses. Slipper of course. These are enough until dinner. You can wear whatever you want for dinner also. It depens on you. Take some sports-chic and chic dresses etc. No need for shoes. It can be hard to walk on the sand :)

I strongly recommed underwater kit for your camera both for snorkeling and diving. Take scuba diving course. Fishes ara amazing...

We made reservations for spa and other activities after settling the room. Scuba diving, watching dolphins by boat, island picnic,... Island picnic is unforgettable. If you have the opportunity to do that with your partner, it will be a perfect gift especially for celebrating a special day. Snorkeling and watching colorful fishes just a few meters far from the island is incredible. Don't forget to get your camera with underwater kit.

If you want, you can go capital Male or other island.

As a result, this hotel is perfect. This holiday is unforgettable. I strongly recommed this hotel for who want to spend time in peaceful.

Room Tip: Choose water bungalow.
Reviewed 25 March 2011

Great resort on a small atoll. Very well configured, so very private. We stayed in one of the water bungalows,and teh sunsets were amazing. Service was excellent as expected, food was fantastic (though there were only 3 distinct restaurants on the island). We rented a boat and the kids loved the watersports. Snorkeling was great, and we had a family picnic on a sand bar in the middle of the bay during low tide. Fantastic holiday all the way around!

Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
6  Thank The_Traveler_011
Reviewed 23 March 2011

Since all the resorts are very alike it is sometimes difficult to distinguish one from another but Kudu Hura is clearly above all others in terms of service, atmosphere and good cooking.
We have already been to the Maldives last year with my parents and my wife to do more or less the same trip as we really enjoyed it the first time : two or three days at a resort and one week on the Four Seasons Explorer which is probably the most gorgeous diving cruise in the Maldives and maybe in the world (I cannot yet verify this assertion since I dive only since last year but I can hardly imagine that there is the equivalent in the world in terms of luxury, service, diving spots, fun, safety, and cooking which is very important for me).
What I like in Kuda Hura is that they always organize a lot of different activities every day which is very important in an island which may be beautiful but where you may easily get bored if there is nothing to do except snorkeling, diving and sunbathing.
I stayed in other resort in the Maldives and the problem is that most of them are very “honey mooner” oriented which is fine if your goal is only to stay in your beautiful villa all the time and see nobody as if you were Madonna but definitely not my style.
What I want is being left alone if I want to but having the possibility to go to the restaurant to see other guest and eventually meet new people. And a lot of Resort are to quiet (not to say boring) to my taste. Most of the time they do not organize anything except for some diving or snorkeling and everything is done to give to every aspect of your stay a fake and artificial “honey moon feeling”.
For instance in most Resorts’ restaurant you have to have dinner in the dark except for a small candle as if dining in the dark, not seeing what you are eating and whispering with your wife or husband was a guarantee of a successful holidays.
At Kuda Hura the amenities are as nice as in any island hotels in the Maldives but the difference is really in the service and the feeling of the place. The staff is very professional and at the same time welcoming. All of them seem to really like their job and they do their best to make you happy during your stay. They really care about the guests and they always try to do their best to make their stay memorable. After a few hours you will feel at home here.
The island is of course beautiful but they do not try to force a honey moon experience to every aspect of your life. As a matter of fact you will find here every kind of customer: families with children (in some hotels of the Maldives children under 13 are forbidden), honeymooners and regular couples.
You will have every day the choice between a wide range of activities (yoga, diving, kayaking, fish talks with a marine biologist…) and every night the choice between three restaurant each one with a different cuisine and atmosphere. They have a wide choice of dishes. We tried the Indian buffet which was very good as well as the breakfast.
We sympathized with some other guests which made our stay more enjoyable and did several activities at the hotel. My wife who is not a diver had as much fun as I had doing some snorkeling with a marine biologist or any other activity proposed by the hotel.
In other words : go there you will have fun, will never get bored and want to come back again !

Reviewed 22 March 2011

Stayed 4 nights in a Sunset beach bungalow this month- we came to FSKH from Naladhu (see my other review) and I was perhaps a little concerned that it wouldn't compare that favourably. I was happily quite wrong - they are inherently very different resorts but the things that make for the very best resorts are present at both - excellent very personal service, luxurious accommodation, great food etc. The facilities are very good indeed and again I cannot really find fault in any significant area. I did find that Kuda Huraa was very much better than Landaa Giravaru in all respects - again one of the very best I stayed at. If I had to decide between KH and Naladhu then the latter may just shade it due to the size and quality of the villas there (as the room rates are very similar) but overall I think it is superb. A real highlight was the Shark safari where we were lucky enough to see 4 different types of shark, turtles, rays, eels etc all a very short boat ride away- a delight.

Reviewed 28 February 2011

We had the great privilege of staying in a beachfront bungalow at the Four Seasons Kuda Huraa in late February 2010. Every minute of our stay was magical and the staff service and facilities will leave you forever comparing all your future trips to this benchmark of perfection. My only regret was that we booked only 4 nights and should have done a full week there. My wife and I still talk about this trip regularly over a year later and it is hard to forget the crystal clear water, amazing weather, outstanding food and luxurious private residence we enjoyed so much. The general manager remembered our names after the first introduction at check in and would regularly ask us how everything was when we saw him around the resort. I highly recommend the house snorkeling and any other water activity you can arrange as the water here is quite simply like nothing else on the planet. Spa services are also a must as you look down through the plexiglass bottom treatment room and hear sea planes buzz by as the sun sets. Yes, the rooms are not cheap but only slightly more than other Maldives resorts and well worth it when you realize this is the best trip you will ever take.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple