We went to Maldives early December 2012 and stayed at the Four Seasons. We have 4 couples and each booked our 4 nights 5 days stay at this beautiful resort. 3 couples flew from Hong Kong and one couple flew from Shanghai. We met each other at KL, Malaysia for our transits to Male, the Capital of Maldives. We arrived Male at around 20:30 and the hotel staff were at the gate greeting us. We took a boat trip, around 20 mins, to the first Four Seasons Hotel - they have 2 locations at Maldives - for the first night stay. This is their first one there but it does not look old to us. Some of us stay in a beach villa and some stay on the water villa.
The next morning, we all woke up early even though we have had our tired trip but we all raced our time to enjoy the sunrise and the fresh morning air. At around 10:30 after finished our breakfast and took tons of pictures, we headed our way to the Kuda Huraa Island to start our 4 night stay.
We took seaplane for half an hour and we were there landed safely on the sea. A bit of complaints in here was the arrangement of the villas as it was almost full house at that time of the year - this supposed to be the low season. But the staff were doing whatever they can to accommodate us.
The chef at their Chinese restaurant made us a good lunch and we are went to live in our villa after that. Your decision will be hard to make on whether a beach villa is better than a water villa or otherwise, but my recommendation to you is to try both and they are of different experience.
My wife and I tried the water villa first. I don't need to tell you have good the room can be just view the photos yourself.
We had our custom-made Chinese dinner the first night. No one can ask for more as long as Chinese food is in Maldives. Food and drinks are more expensive here than a normal 5 star Four Seasons but the reason is obvious that everything has to be flew in.
The clouded horizon at this time of the season could not really fulfill my dreams of taking a good sunset picture with the big orange sinking into the sea. But the lobster dinner of day 2 was one of the favors of this trip. The wine , the coffee and the cigar to go with it on the beach was a life time relaxing moments to be spent with friends - and of course these are our best friends for 20 years.
We went cycling, swimming, snorkeling, sun bathing and fishing for the rest of the days and nights as we were racing our days and nights to enjoy every moment here in paradise.
This is the only trip that when it is time for us to leave, we felt that if we can stay just one more day or two that will be nice !!!!
The transit flights back home was a night flight and due to the time different, the hours were tricky but after this experience, no one is complaining anything about it.
Would Maldives disappear on earth one day? I don't know but there are still paradises on earth and obviously this is one of them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover all the charm and intimacy of a traditional Maldivian village on this colourful garden island with pristine beaches and Tiffany-blue lagoon, just 25 minutes speedboat ride from Male' Airport. Sail to The Island Spa for natural treatments for men, women and children; or indulge in a lunar ritual on a starlit beach at The Night Spa. Explore up to 30 local dive sites with the PADI 5-Star IDC Centre. The Serenity Pool offers an atmospheric adults-only alternative to the main infinity pool while family activities include shark safaris, dolphin cruises and Robinson Crusoe adventures. Head to the Surf School to hang with the pros in some of the world’s most consistent and warmest swells. Take a dhoni to The Island Tennis Court or visit The Marine Discovery Centre to build your own coral reef and visit the baby turtles. Dining highlights include award-winning home-style Indian at Baraabaru and sophisticated oceanfront Italian at Reef Club.Kuda Huraa’s 96 thatched beach and water accommodations were each constructed by local craftsmen using indigenous materials and techniques to reflect a true sense of the Maldives. Beach Bungalows and Family Beach Bungalows have their own plunge pool in a private garden surround. Water Villas, some with plunge pools, entice with large sundecks and steps down into the lagoon, while the one- and two-bedroom Water Suites have a glass-walled pool and additional indoor and outdoor space for the ultimate in lagoon living. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Booking.com, Prestigia, Southall Travel, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Kuda Huraa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Seasons Resort Maldives At Kuda Huraa Hotel North Male Atoll
- 4 Seasons Resort Maldives At Kuda Huraa
- Four Seasons Hotel Maldives
- Four Seasons North Male Atoll
- Four Seasons Maldives
- North Male Atoll Four Seasons
- Four Seasons Kuda Huraa