“First Class all the way!!!!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Kuda Huraa

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Kuda Huraa
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Huraa Island
Morpeth, United Kingdom
“First Class all the way!!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

We extended our stay in the Maldives after 12 nights at Gili Lankanfushi and spent another 4 nights at Kuda Huraa and we were soooo pleased we did! We have never stayed at a Four Season's resort before and I have to say we were blown away on every level!!!!

The lovely greeting by staff and the GM, Randy on arrival with welcome drink and cold towels. The staff were so lovely, genuinely. I have never known anything like it, all willing to please and make your stay a memorable one.

We stayed in a family beach bungalow (sunrise) which was wonderful. Very private and straight out onto a lovely beach, even with a bar at the end of our villa! Lovely separate room for my son and the little touches were fantastic! Lovely plunge pool and day beds to lounge on. This was the less windy side of the island which we preferred. The reef was outstanding and we saw some wonderful varieties of fish while snorkelling.

The food was amazing. We tried all of the restaurants and could not fault them one bit and we are very hard to please when it comes to food!

The boutique was well stocked with wonderful items and I purchased a couple of stunning kaftans. My son is into the latest craze of making loom bands and he made a one for the lady in the shop who remarked on one he was wearing. In return we found a parcel delivered to our room with a thank you card and 3 lovely bracelets from the shop as a thank you! What a wonderful touch!!!! We also went on a private tour of the local island which is just a five minute boat ride one day. We had a lovely friendly guy called Faisal?, a real character who showed us around and even introduced us to members of his family. On our last night he came to our table at dinner and had a present for my son.....a lovely wooden model of a Dhoni boat! We were lost for words at the kindness shown, unbelievable! I read another reviewer (Singapore32456) who lost his wedding ring on a dive and a team of four divers went out and found his ring!!! I was even told this story by the GM the day it was found! how many resorts would go this extra mile??? ....not many I can tell you!

I have to say each and every one of the members of staff were first class. Friendly but not overly intrusive. Remembering our names and always a smile, helping hand and so on it!!!!

The spa was a lovely treat. We loved feeding the turtles and reef sharks. I especially loved the Coconut Margaritas!!!!!

I cannot praise this resort highly enough. OUTSTANDING IN EVERY WAY!!

Well done Randy and the team, you have got it just right! Very impressive, so much so we have returned home and are planning next year's vacation to Four Season's Tokyo, Hawaii and Bora Bora.......cannot wait!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
7 Thank Helen T
RandyShimabuku, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Kuda Huraa, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear Helen, thank you so very much for taking the time to share such wonderful comments with us. I am so glad you decided to extend your Maldivian holiday and give Kuda Huraa a try. While we endeavor to create memorable experiences for all of our guest, for sure the warm interactions we had with you and your family inspired us to another level (without trying too hard). My wife still wears the loom band bracelet that James made for her and thank you for mentioning our search efforts for the ring that went missing on a dive... which still makes me proud today. We hope to see you and your family here again and thank you very much for supporting our sister Four Seasons hotels around the world.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (263)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Centreville, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

To a celebrate a milestone birthday, I treated myself to a trip combining seven days on the Four Seasons Explorer live-aboard with four days at the Four Seasons Kuda Huraa resort July 21 to 31. Now I know how the one percent lives! I was greeted at the Male airport and whisked into an air-conditioned, refreshment-stocked lounge before the Male humidity had a chance to raise the first drop of perspiration. My luggage was retrieved and loaded onto a waiting skiff and after donning the required life vest, I was ferried off to the resort. I had arrived on a morning flight but the Explorer was not yet ready for boarding, so I was provided with a day room free-of-charge to take a nap, adjust to the multiple time zone changes and enjoy the resort facilities, which I'll talk about shortly.

But first, the Explorer. As a solo traveler, live-aboards have been my preference for dive vacations for some 20 years. However, with the passage of time, I've come to terms with the fact that 5 dives/day is a bit much for me, particularly in waters like the Indian Ocean where currents are strong and dive entry and exit can be tougher than the dive itself, so the 3 dives/day offered on the Explorer suited me just fine. Unlike the cramped twin-bed cabins on most live-aboards, the Explorer cabin was more like what you find on a cruise ship: Queen-sized bed, writing table large enough for my laptop and my cameras and underwater housing, a lounge chair, ample draw and closet space, and a bathroom you could actually move around in without bumping into something. Good news, solo travelers: NO SINGLE OCCUPANCY SURCHARGE. The rental gear was in top condition, the Nitrox was free-of-charge and the food was simply out of this world. Needless to say, the Maldives' reputation for excellent diving is well deserved, made all the better by the outstanding service and courtesy of the Explorer crew. For instance, you get little notes in your cabin - handwritten and signed by your "cruise director" - giving you an overview of the local history associated with each atoll and site to be visited the following day, along with some small souvenir. It's the little things that enhance the travel experience, so a special shout out to cruise director Areef Ali Usman and his team for providing that personal touch that made the cruise so enjoyable.

Now for the Kuda Huraa resort. After a week of diving, I headed straight for the spa and scheduled just about every treatment known to man. Fantastic! The all-natural products, the skill and courtesy of the therapists, and watching reef life go by as I lay face down on a massage table in a hut with glass-bottomed floor was just too marvelous for words. Did I mention that the food was out of this world? The 4 days passed all too quickly and I had to say good-bye to the wonderful staff and facility. It's true that the Maldives is rather pricey and the Four Seasons is certainly up there in terms of cost, but what a way to check the Maldives off your Bucket List! A once-in-a-lifetime experience if there ever was one.

Room Tip: The beach bungalows are quieter and offer more privacy than the water bungalows.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank ScubaMaven
RandyShimabuku, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Kuda Huraa, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your wonderful comments with us about your time here in Kuda Huraa as well as on the Explorer. I could not agree with you more that Areef and his team on the Explorer take personalized service to another level. We also appreciate your detailed descriptions on those things that matter to a "live aboard diver" and the specifics about diving here in the Maldives. You are obviously experienced and well traveled in this area...which makes it count even more. Oh yes, we do take pride in all the food that we prepare and serve and our spa is the spot where we treat pampering as an art form. We hope to see you on our shores once again, even though you may have already ticked it off your personal bucket list.
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

Our first time in Maldives. We stayed for six nights in June-July. We picked Male because there is now a direct CX flight from HKG. We picked Four Seasons Kuda Huraa because of the 20 min boat ride from airport and the family-friendly positioning of the resort (we brought our 16 month old).

Rooms
If you're used to staying at SE Asia villa resorts, do not bother booking the standard "pavilion" room. It is simply too small and not good value for money. Spend the extra ~$200/night on a "bungalow" room. Even then I think the bungalow room somehow only sported a queen bed (not king) for some reason.

Since all our meals were on property, we pretty much exhausted the entire standard menu (pool-side & room service). Unfortunately, the Chinese/SE Asian menu items (pad thai, mee goreng, dumplings, etc.) consistently disappointed. Meanwhile, the Indian fare was consistently delicious - we couldn't get enough of it. Most of the Western items were also very good, though the Indian restaurant is significantly better than the steak/seafood and Italian restaurants. The culinary team also boasts a talented pastry chef. Hope they can get an Asian chef who is just as good.

Environs
Whatever they do to keep the bugs off the island, it is very effective. The landscaping is also very mature throughout, with thoughtful planting of a variety of blooming plants and trees that adds color everywhere. An artificial (?) reef has been created very close to the shore, making non-excursion snorkeling option very convenient.

Kids
All-in-all a good stay. Our toddler seemed sufficiently entertained each day by the friendly breakfast staff, floating around in the main pool, playing in the villa pool, walking back and forth within the bungalow, and trying to keep up with the bigger kids playing in the Kids Club (which closes a little early at 5pm).

Value for money
This is more a Maldives-wide issue. We will probably end up going to Bali many more times before we visit Maldives again.

Room Tip: Bungalow, not pavilion room.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
9 Thank Will S
Thank you very much for sharing your observations and insights of your Kuda Huraa experience with us. We have tried to create an upscale Maldivian village atmosphere and the landscaping plays a big part in this so we appreciate the recognition. Your comments about the Beach Bungalows vs. Beach Villas as well as the programs for children is also noted and well received. Most important, your comments about our Asian cuisine have been taken seriously and we have "borrowed" several kitchen staff from our sister properties in Beijing and Singapore while we look for a longer term solution. Thank you however for recognizing the Indian cuisine in Badabaru that continues to receive constant and strong reviews.
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

I am a regular at Four Season resorts in Asia because of the consistent high quality of accommodation and service and usually do not write reviews but feel obliged to write after my most recent trip to Kuda Haraa.

My wife and I stayed in a Water Villa ( 302 ... Nicely located for ease of access to restaurants, facilities, etc. ) and as usual room quality and service was excellent.

One example of the care for customers and service I want to share is as follows;

I decided to try out the Introduction to Scuba provided by the Dive Center. I was nervous as it was my first time trying Scuba but the staff ( Enrique and Matt I believe ) were very understanding and professional and helped me get comfortable and make that first Ocean Dive.

After returning to shore and starting to walk back to my Villa I noticed my wedding ring was gone ... My wife and I were at the resort celebrating our 9th anniversary so not a good thing ! I went back to the Dive Center to check whether Scuba somehow compressed the fingers which would explain why it had fallen off figuring my wife may not kill me if that was the case :-). Unfortunately that is not the case so I resigned myself to the loss recognizing it would be impossible to find the ring as it was most likely at the bottom of the Ocean somewhere.

The Dive Center team said they would look for it for me ... I told them it was Mission Impossible and I understood it had been lost. I walked back to the Villa to face the music from the wife ( who as usual was unfazed by it ). Back at the Villa I got a call from the Dive Center saying they would send some divers out to look for the ring where we had been diving .... I said really not necessary as it would be impossible to find but despite this they sent the divers. Our villa happened to overlook where I had been diving and 10 minutes later we saw the boat from the Dive Center arrive with FOUR of the staff all scuba'd up.

We watched as they went down into the Ocean and for about an hour they were all there looking. I had my own private Scuba team looking for a needle in a haystack ( ring in an ocean ) for me. It is an incredible example of how far the teams at Four Seasons go for their customers .... I really can not imagine any other resort going that far.

The good news is that after all that the ring was eventually found and returned to me ( happened that it fell off in the boat and it was found as they searched that on the way back to the shore from the Ocean bed search ) but even if it had not been I would be writing this review as a way to recognize and thank the team for going so far beyond what would be expected.

My advice .... Any Four Season will delight you and exceed your expectations. It comes at a price but it is well worthwhile paying that price.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Singapore32456
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your wonderful story about "the lost and than found ring". You were the focus of our attention on that particular late afternoon and I was so glad to hear the classic "happy ending". Indeed we have been blessed with a wonderful team who always try to deliver on the promise and your particular circumstance gave us a good opportunity to prove it. Again we are delighted for your kudos and appreciate you writing about it in such an eloquent manner. Perhaps we will have the chance to see the two of you during your 10th anniversary.
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

I've been meaning to write this review for some time. My husband and I stayed here in April 2013 for 10 nights on our Honeymoon

The Four Seasons at Kuda Huraa exceeded all expectations. Our water villa was immaculate and beautiful. We were upgraded to a sunset villa which was breathtaking. Staff always had a smile of their face and we were greeted only by our names. Every small detail was taken care of.

We spent many days diving and snorkelling. Our instructor could not have made my first open water dive any more relaxing. Even after the dives staff would be on hand to dissemble our equipment and hand us towels - its the small details!

The beach is stunning with its lovely turquoise waters and unspoilt beauty.

Since returning we have both received Birthdays and Anniversary cards from Kuda Huraa, personally signed by the staff we met during our holiday. Its these personal touches which make Four Seasons so amazing.

My only wish is I return here very soon!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for sharing some details of your honeymoon here on Kuda Huraa with us and for remembering us. Indeed we try to pay attention to those little details as well as stay connected with our guest while you are on our island and even when you leave us. As for your diving experience our team prides itself on making your experience comfortable and enjoyable no matter what your level of proficiency (and I can speak from personal experience). We do hope to see the two of you again in the not-so-distant future.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

This is by far the most beautiful getaway on earth!
The staff are phenomenal...Joe and his reception team are simply awesome....the waiters, housekeeping, maintenance, water sports, dive centre, captains...you name it, every single one of the people who work at Kuda Huraa is just incredibly wonderful...
Service is beyond the call of duty...and staff will go out of their way to make your stay wonderful and memorable...
We loved it so much that we are now on our 9th visit!
The only thing we wish we could improve at Kuda Huraa is the choice of restaurants...Indian, Italian and pool...
Things you should do:
1 = Massage at Spa Island (every day!)
2 = Fishing trip (once, and ask them to make ceviche with your fish)
3 = Dolphin Cruise (Never disappoints!)
4 = Dive, dive, dive (If you don't dive, start here!)
5 = Yoga at sunrise
6 = Snorkel (anywhere...but the best one is with a jet ski trip to middle of ocean)
7 = Visit the local village next door...it puts things in perspective 9Very hot, wear a hat!), haggle for prices!
8 = Enjoy a drawn bath...
10 = grab a drink at the sunset bar

What not to do:
1 = Visit Male...(do not waste a single moment away from Kuda Huraa activities!)

FS KH is a brilliant experience...for couples and families...I recommend it over an dover and over again...
Yes, it is pricy...but worth saving for...
The beach bungalows are really nice, very private and extremely quiet and comfortable...
The water bungalows have the charm of course, but not worth the extra cost...I like that we have direct access to the beach minus the open view for the value for money...however, if you can live with the price stag, the water bungalows are stunning...
The beach bungalows on both sides of the island are great, but we prefer the sunset side...
Snorkelling is possible anywhere around the island..
Bring lots of sun block and minimal clothing...you will spend your day in swimsuits and slippers...and even dinner is casual...

We love it at FS KH and we will keep going back...again and again and again...

Thank you to the whole team for making it a spectacular vacation every time! Looking forward to the 10th visit!

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms at FS KH Adjacent beach bungalows may lack a bit of privacy (noise from neig...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank ImOmar
Thank you very much for your taking the time to share your kind comments. I really enjoyed reading through the TOP 10 activities and at the same time took note of your suggestion to expand on our three restaurants (we actually have four including Kandu Grill which is the under-the-stars dining around the main pool) and have just started a Friday BBQ on the Beach to offer another dining option for our guest. We really appreciate your continued support of our resort and look forward to your 10th visit!
La Massana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

We where lucky enough to spend 7 days in this amazing resort. And i have to admit that it was just mind blowing, really above and beyond anything you might expect. The resort it self is fresh modern, and amazingly maintained. I think they have some 50 people constantly just maintaining it. The staff is abundant and extremely well trained. Not to mention all in a very cool relaxed, yet effective state. Traveling to this resort with a child (3 years old), was a breeze and all the staff was very welcoming, and friendly towards her. I have stayed in many luxury resorts around the world, but i have to admit as a whole experience this is the best i have ever tried. Thank you to everyone, for giving us the best time.

Room Tip: The sunset rooms are more expensive. But IMO i think the sunrise side is better. The Sunset side was...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank JokkeDeFrib
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your observations of Kuda Huraa. I really enjoyed several of your descriptions with are perfectly aligned with what we are trying to do here including: "fresh modern" in terms of our motif and regarding our staff "relaxed yet effective state". Your other compliments are welcome and will be shared with the team in the spirit in which I am sure it was meant to be delivered. We look forward to welcoming you all back to our enchanted little island.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Huraa Island
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Reso...
#1 of 1 in Furanafushi Island
5.0 of 5 bubbles 3,323 reviews
One&Only Reethi Rah
One&Only Reethi Rah
#1 of 1 in Reethirah Island

Been to Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Kuda Huraa? Share your experiences!