“Kuda Huraa” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Kuda Huraa

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Kuda Huraa
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Huraa Island
San Francisco, California
“Kuda Huraa”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2014

Amazing property and a must do! This is an experience of a life time. From when you get on the speed boat to when you relax in the pool. The first impression is flawless and a true island feel.The restaurants on site are also a good try, but if you want to relax in your room - the room service is also a wonderful experience. The outdoor activities are great, snorkeling / shark hunting / dolphin watching and of course parasailing.

Room Tip: Ask for a bungalow with an ocean view.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
      Rooms
1 Thank Lei415
RandyShimabuku, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Kuda Huraa, responded to this review, 30 September 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to write and share your wonderful compliments about our resort here on Kuda Huraa. We really appreciate that we came close to being flawless and indeed pride ourselves on perpetuating that "true island feel" that so many come to be engulfed by. Although you generously described your trip as a trip of a lifetime, we do hope to see you on our enchanted island again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (263)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014

I took sometime to write this review because I have been busy but also because unless you have lots of money and time to burn you want to make the right decision when you travel to the Maldives or anywhere for that matter. However there most likely won’t be too many trip in your life that will cost you the sort of money required to relax in luxury in the Maldives. Money just leaves your body as you land in Male Airport. The Maldives is expensive and each Resort has its own Island and once you are there you spend and spend. That’s the point…right ;-)

I came here to surf. I also came here to relax with my wife and get some time out of what has been a busy schedule. They call it Luxury Surfing. It’s for surfers who have money to burn and want good, mechanical coral reef waves. The Four Season have a company they work with called Tropic Surf. If you are a surfer you most likely aren’t used to ‘paying to surf’ but that what happens here. Budget about $200 a day for a 3-4 hour session. We arrived at the end of April (2014) and there were very nice waves every day we were here. Tropic Surf are very experienced and professional and their service is 5 Star. They did an excellent job.

We booked a standard bungalow. Actually we booked a package with the surfing which included the standard bungalow. The room was very nice but had no view. It was on the main part of the Island and surrounded by vegetation with a track to the beach 30 meters away. We didn’t come all this was to look at trees and bushes. We live in Thailand and look at great views all the time. Inside this room we could have been anywhere in the world. Not the feeling we were after. We called and got and upgrade for a few hundred a night extra. We moved to the water bungalows and I am glad we did. Our whole trip immediately felt better and we really felt like we were on a vacation in another country.

The water bungalows are amazing. Resting over a beautiful tidal coral lagoon which you can swim in mid to high tides. Take care as there are some pretty strong currents but it amazing swimming with the fishes and small reef sharks. The bungalows are big and spacious. Lots of storage and a dressing room. The main bedroom is everything you need. Great big comfy bed with views and more views. The bathroom is big too, separate shower and big bath tub, long vanity and lots of mirrors with the view in the background. The bungalows feel eco friendly. Lots of local timbers and stone. In between swimming, surfing and eating we just hung out in the room. It’s that kind of place.

We did a half day trip to Male the Capitol City of the Maldives. It is said to be one of, if not the most populated parcel of land in the world. Google that! This was a really nice side trip and something different to do. You get a guide when you arrive and he/she walks around and take you on a Historical journey around part of the Island.

The restaurants at the Four Seasons are excellent. The breakfast is amazing. Lots of fresh fruit, a fresh juice bar and excellent mueslis, egg selection and some Asian treats. Oh and the coffee is great! We budgeted around $300 a day (Couple) for lunch and dinner without alcohol. There was always something different each day in one of the three restaurants, Indian, western and Italian.

Check in with the Concierge and see all the activities that are available including the different day trips. You’ll enjoy this Hotel. I celebrated my birthday there and they really made a fess. Housekeeping decorated the bed and gave me some treats, the manager gave me a very nice t-shirt and card. It was a very special day for me.

There are many Resorts to choose from in this amazing Country and if you choose Four Seasons you’ll have an amazing time.

Room Tip: Beg, borrow or steal (maybe not steal) but spend the extra money and get a water bungalow you won...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
      Rooms
2 Thank FitnessHealthTravel
RandyShimabuku, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Kuda Huraa, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to write such detailed and comprehensive comments about your experience here on Kuda Huraa. We have been blessed with some of the very best summer waves for surfing in the immediate "neighborhood" and as you noted, Tropic Surf defines the luxury surf experience no matter what your skill level. We also try to offer different room options for our guest and although the Water Bungalows are quite popular some of our guest enjoy the privacy that the vegetation affords their rooms (yet only steps away from the beach). However I am glad that you were able to find the right fit for you and that we made you feel special on your birthday. Thailand is not that far away and we hope that you will join us again in the not-so-distant future.
Nicosia, Cyprus
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

If you compare Bora Bora with Maldives there is no comparison. The only comparison is to use Four Seasons Hotel. As always very well organised, very nice environment, very nice service, very nice reception. Maybe it is not like One and Only or Conrad but try it. Italian restaurant is very nice

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Christos1965
Thank you very much for sharing your observations and for your kind compliments. I do hear about the comparisons with Bora Bora from time to time, in so far as the pristine waters are concerned and thank you for putting that in context for us. We are very proud of our staff and especially appreciate when this is recognized.
Los Angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

I worked on a travel show many years ago (2003) featuring various private islands around the globe and this Four Seasons is unbelievable. I didn't have to pay for anything so I can't speak to the value of the resort. But this place was far and above every other spot we visited. Both in general hotel specifics and location. Everywhere I looked, I felt like I was in some beautiful computer screen saver image. Just spectacular.
Every inch of the hotel was nice. I was in two different types of rooms and they were both fantastic. The staff went above and beyond for everything. It was ultimate first class.
The snorkeling was great. I learned to wind surf. And if you're going to travel all the way out here, I highly recommend taking a cruise on their Explorer yacht. That was a whole other level of awesome.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Rambron
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your perspectives and for your lavish comments. I especially enjoyed the one about "screen saver" images here on Kuda Huraa and as I walked the island this morning, could not agree with you more. Indeed the Explorer combines the Four Seasons experience with all that is Maldivian and the outcome cannot be described. One really has to do it for oneself to be able to create the vocabulary.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

Amazing resort, personalized service, wonderful staff. A fantastic combination of all what you need/wish for, to get pampered during a relaxing vacation.
Ideal for honeymoon and family vacation. The resort has all kind of activities, you don't even need to think about going out of it.
Deserves to be a 10 star hotel.
We would definitely visit it again.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Layal B
RandyShimabuku, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Kuda Huraa, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your favorable impressions here on Kuda Huraa. I don't think we have ever received a 10-star rating before and we are appreciative of your generosity. We do try our level best to appeal to both couples (honeymooners) as well as families and your acknowledgement is a most welcome endorsement.
Morpeth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

We extended our stay in the Maldives after 12 nights at Gili Lankanfushi and spent another 4 nights at Kuda Huraa and we were soooo pleased we did! We have never stayed at a Four Season's resort before and I have to say we were blown away on every level!!!!

The lovely greeting by staff and the GM, Randy on arrival with welcome drink and cold towels. The staff were so lovely, genuinely. I have never known anything like it, all willing to please and make your stay a memorable one.

We stayed in a family beach bungalow (sunrise) which was wonderful. Very private and straight out onto a lovely beach, even with a bar at the end of our villa! Lovely separate room for my son and the little touches were fantastic! Lovely plunge pool and day beds to lounge on. This was the less windy side of the island which we preferred. The reef was outstanding and we saw some wonderful varieties of fish while snorkelling.

The food was amazing. We tried all of the restaurants and could not fault them one bit and we are very hard to please when it comes to food!

The boutique was well stocked with wonderful items and I purchased a couple of stunning kaftans. My son is into the latest craze of making loom bands and he made a one for the lady in the shop who remarked on one he was wearing. In return we found a parcel delivered to our room with a thank you card and 3 lovely bracelets from the shop as a thank you! What a wonderful touch!!!! We also went on a private tour of the local island which is just a five minute boat ride one day. We had a lovely friendly guy called Faisal?, a real character who showed us around and even introduced us to members of his family. On our last night he came to our table at dinner and had a present for my son.....a lovely wooden model of a Dhoni boat! We were lost for words at the kindness shown, unbelievable! I read another reviewer (Singapore32456) who lost his wedding ring on a dive and a team of four divers went out and found his ring!!! I was even told this story by the GM the day it was found! how many resorts would go this extra mile??? ....not many I can tell you!

I have to say each and every one of the members of staff were first class. Friendly but not overly intrusive. Remembering our names and always a smile, helping hand and so on it!!!!

The spa was a lovely treat. We loved feeding the turtles and reef sharks. I especially loved the Coconut Margaritas!!!!!

I cannot praise this resort highly enough. OUTSTANDING IN EVERY WAY!!

Well done Randy and the team, you have got it just right! Very impressive, so much so we have returned home and are planning next year's vacation to Four Season's Tokyo, Hawaii and Bora Bora.......cannot wait!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Location
7 Thank Helen T
Dear Helen, thank you so very much for taking the time to share such wonderful comments with us. I am so glad you decided to extend your Maldivian holiday and give Kuda Huraa a try. While we endeavor to create memorable experiences for all of our guest, for sure the warm interactions we had with you and your family inspired us to another level (without trying too hard). My wife still wears the loom band bracelet that James made for her and thank you for mentioning our search efforts for the ring that went missing on a dive... which still makes me proud today. We hope to see you and your family here again and thank you very much for supporting our sister Four Seasons hotels around the world.
Centreville, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

To a celebrate a milestone birthday, I treated myself to a trip combining seven days on the Four Seasons Explorer live-aboard with four days at the Four Seasons Kuda Huraa resort July 21 to 31. Now I know how the one percent lives! I was greeted at the Male airport and whisked into an air-conditioned, refreshment-stocked lounge before the Male humidity had a chance to raise the first drop of perspiration. My luggage was retrieved and loaded onto a waiting skiff and after donning the required life vest, I was ferried off to the resort. I had arrived on a morning flight but the Explorer was not yet ready for boarding, so I was provided with a day room free-of-charge to take a nap, adjust to the multiple time zone changes and enjoy the resort facilities, which I'll talk about shortly.

But first, the Explorer. As a solo traveler, live-aboards have been my preference for dive vacations for some 20 years. However, with the passage of time, I've come to terms with the fact that 5 dives/day is a bit much for me, particularly in waters like the Indian Ocean where currents are strong and dive entry and exit can be tougher than the dive itself, so the 3 dives/day offered on the Explorer suited me just fine. Unlike the cramped twin-bed cabins on most live-aboards, the Explorer cabin was more like what you find on a cruise ship: Queen-sized bed, writing table large enough for my laptop and my cameras and underwater housing, a lounge chair, ample draw and closet space, and a bathroom you could actually move around in without bumping into something. Good news, solo travelers: NO SINGLE OCCUPANCY SURCHARGE. The rental gear was in top condition, the Nitrox was free-of-charge and the food was simply out of this world. Needless to say, the Maldives' reputation for excellent diving is well deserved, made all the better by the outstanding service and courtesy of the Explorer crew. For instance, you get little notes in your cabin - handwritten and signed by your "cruise director" - giving you an overview of the local history associated with each atoll and site to be visited the following day, along with some small souvenir. It's the little things that enhance the travel experience, so a special shout out to cruise director Areef Ali Usman and his team for providing that personal touch that made the cruise so enjoyable.

Now for the Kuda Huraa resort. After a week of diving, I headed straight for the spa and scheduled just about every treatment known to man. Fantastic! The all-natural products, the skill and courtesy of the therapists, and watching reef life go by as I lay face down on a massage table in a hut with glass-bottomed floor was just too marvelous for words. Did I mention that the food was out of this world? The 4 days passed all too quickly and I had to say good-bye to the wonderful staff and facility. It's true that the Maldives is rather pricey and the Four Seasons is certainly up there in terms of cost, but what a way to check the Maldives off your Bucket List! A once-in-a-lifetime experience if there ever was one.

Room Tip: The beach bungalows are quieter and offer more privacy than the water bungalows.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
      Location
5 Thank ScubaMaven
RandyShimabuku, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Kuda Huraa, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your wonderful comments with us about your time here in Kuda Huraa as well as on the Explorer. I could not agree with you more that Areef and his team on the Explorer take personalized service to another level. We also appreciate your detailed descriptions on those things that matter to a "live aboard diver" and the specifics about diving here in the Maldives. You are obviously experienced and well traveled in this area...which makes it count even more. Oh yes, we do take pride in all the food that we prepare and serve and our spa is the spot where we treat pampering as an art form. We hope to see you on our shores once again, even though you may have already ticked it off your personal bucket list.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Huraa Island
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Reso...
#1 of 1 in Furanafushi Island
5.0 of 5 bubbles 3,326 reviews
One&Only Reethi Rah
One&Only Reethi Rah
#1 of 1 in Reethirah Island

Been to Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Kuda Huraa? Share your experiences!