“Paradise and perfect relaxation~~~”

Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Landaa Giraavaru
Reviewed 7 August 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Four Seasons Landaa Giravaaru for 4nights during mid-June and also a few hours visit at the Kura Hudaa.

Staff members were present at the jetty to greet us upon arrival. We walked to the reception area where we were given cold towels and drinks.

Thanks Lira for the short presentation and exploration during our arrival. And also Martin Cody, Director of Rooms, make our stay so relaxing and memorable.

We stayed in Beach Bungalow, which is facing north side. Spacious room and bathtub, comfortable bed, pool is big enough for couple, it’s really peaceful and we have our own space of privacy with beautiful view. Mineral water, fruit, tea and Nespresso available in villas and replenished each day.

Wire (LAN) internet is free, but we need to purchase package for the wireless connection (multiple device) usd25 per day.

Food portion is big, no matter us dining at restaurant or in room service. We miss out chance to try Al Barakat and Fuego Grill, but definitely will try it out during our next visit.

Thanks Sidisha for serving us at Cafe Landaa, she knew what we like the most during our stay.

We got chance to attend the tent dinner at Blu beach, it's romantic and enjoyable. We are so full that night. And also China theme buffet dinner at Café Landaa, lots of variety of Asian foods and tea selections, it’s simply delicious.

Thankfully because weather is great and sunny. It’s great for cycling, swimming and snorkeling at their crystal clear water at their house reef in front of beach villa. It’s perfect spot for relaxing.

Blu beach is extremely beautiful that it is almost like a dream. The colors of the view there are amazing and spectacular. Water sport activities and comfortable sun loungers are provided and very good service at the beach.

Seaplane transfer is smooth; staffs are helpful and guide us from our arrival and also departure. Landaa and Kuda Huraa working well together to make sure our transfer smoothly. Thumbs up for their service.

Airport transfer and dinner package is a must for those who taking plane during night time, they will arrange speedboat to male, its fast n convenient for us.

All and all, it’s a very wonderful stay. Staff is friendly, hardworking, sincere and caring to fulfill every our needs, from all management level. Keep it up the tradition. Landaa Giravaaru is paradise. Highly recommend.

We will come back soon. Stay tune~ :)

Room Tip: Beach Bungalow is big enough for couple and Beach villa is the best which have big pool.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jon_Ong
MartinCody, Director of Rooms at Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Landaa Giraavaru, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2012

Dear Jon_Ong,

It was a pleasure having you and your wife stay with us recently and I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your visit. I will be sure to share your comment with Lira, Sideesha and all the team as there is no better motivator than praise for a job well done.

It is nice to hear how much you enjoyed the activities; from cycling, snorkeling and swimming to spending some time relaxing on Blu Beach.

Chef and the Kitchen brigade will be happy to hear how much you enjoyed the food. When you come back to the island, you will have to sample Al Barakat and Fuego. You will not be disappointed with the quality and variety of food on offer.

The Dinner and Transfer Package is a great option for people departing The Maldives in the late evening. It allows the opportunity to spend some time at our sister property "Kuda Huraa" to enjoy some cocktails at Sunset and a nice meal before departing to The Airport for the flight home.

We all look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back soon again.

Reviewed 6 August 2012

We stayed at the 4 seasons hotel for 5 nights 6 days and all of them were amazing the villa that we stayed in was beautiful and we would love to go again, at night time the beach line would light up with blue tiny little spots and it took awhile to investigate what they were... they we're plankton. The view down the beach at night was amazing. To get to the island we had to land on bale and then take a sea plane to Landaa Giraavaru, the captain announced where the island was and when we saw me and my mum looked at each other and said paradise! When we arrived the palm trees stood tall you could here the monkeys in the trees but not see them the white beach stretched across the island. Ive stayed in the very best hotels, Burj Al Arab; four seasons all across the world; kempinki geneva. But this beats all of them. There was plenty to do for kids. You could even make you're own coral, so in 50 or 100 years you have you're very own coral reef in the indian ocean. The water was like a clean pool... you could see right through it, if you steped a meter into the ocean you could see 60 centimeter fish just hiding in amongst the colorful reefs. It all convinced me to go diving... AMAING, you could see sea horses ; turtles and all other types of different species of fish. You could go down 10 meters and see a stool with a heart onto of it. If u want to get married underwater... You can spot some caves and the one that we went into you can sit down OUT of the water and take a breath. The day after that, we hired a game fishing boat. So we went on this giant boat and we stuck 4 - 5 rods into the water and waited... then we went trawling and still nothing but then bite. This giant fish had the hook, we reeled it in but then we saw a toss and a turn on the water and a shark had bitten 3 quarters of the fish off. We thought at the time it had all gone but when we reeled it in it was still a meter long. We had fished now for 4 hours and headed back. The guys at the restaurant cooked it up and it tasted brilliant, we gave the majority of it to the guys that helped us. Yes it was the trip of a lifetime worth every single penny!! RECOMMENDED and this is from a 12 year old

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Youth_Traveler

Dear Youth_Traveler,

I think you have the privilege of being our youngest ever reviewer on Trip Advisor. Congratulations on putting together a great synopsis of your stay.

You certainly seemed to enjoy all the island has to offer for our younger guests. From transplanting your own coral frame to diving in the pristine waters of The Indian Ocean and reeling in a big catch for dinner.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon again.

Reviewed 3 August 2012

We spent our wedding anniversary and this summer vacation with kids. Everything in this island is the best! Even the ranking in tripadvisor is 5th, one of main reason to rate lower is to take sea-plane to approach, I guess. No worry. I definately hate to take plane and be under turbulence. But how can I meet these breathtaking view if I don't take! Strongly recommend to experience only in Maldives. If you are sick of many transfer in one day, FS has really good option to you; overnight stay and day&transfer in Kudaa Huraa. You will enjoy two luxurious resorts at one vacation. It's quite different with them; the size and atmosphere, sea creatures nearby resorts. If you have a family vacation plan in Maldives, you should pick them up! Sometimes, they gives you a surprise :)

As Landaa itself, it has the best natural environment; you can see the beautiful lagoon at Blu beach, and enjoy snorkeling in front of your villa, feel the tropical jungle along with path. It has many snorkel and dive points, so never fed up with the same view!
Kids club offers many programs and my kids love them!

The food is good but too much. I don't want to leave food on my plate but everytime I do. Really feel sorry to chef and nature. The half size would be enough.

My room is sunrise villa, though smaller than beach villa, it's good to be safe by mosquitoes. They are not many due to disinfection and geckoes, but it cause to annoy. Moreover, I think water villas is the figure of Maldives resorts. I'll select the same, even I was invited and used the beach villa by another family.

When you decide to stay FS maldives, I'd like to advise you to contact resort by yourself. I'm not sure that every resorts has the same manangement structure of travel agencies. If you have to change your room type or meal plan, other excursions after confirmed your reservation it's more comfortable and easy to communicate and settle than agencies. Don't pay fee to agencies without any services. So did I, and it's only the flaw in this trip. Even in the last day at Maldives, I should sit at computer in business center. Don't trust agencies. Talk to FS directly and it helps you at its best.

Room Tip: Some said that rooms in FS maldives are shabby, but I think their style is not modern like W, just n...
3  Thank JenniferMKim

Dear JenniferMKim,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Landaa Giraavaru with your family for your recent anniversary celebration and I am delighted that the team at The Resort gave you a very enjoyable and memorable experience.

Well done on conquering your fear of Sea Planes. The 35 minute journey from Male to The Resort offers stunning views of The Maldives so I am glad you had the opportunity to experience it.

I will be sure to share your comments about the food with chef and his team. They will be very happy to hear how much you enjoyed the food.

When you are planning your next visit to The Maldives, please do let me know. I would be more than happy to help with your reservation.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 1 August 2012

We are a family of four, my husband and I and two son's aged 27 and 16. Our accommodation was the two bedroom family beach bungalow with pool, which was fabulous and suited us down to the ground. The Maldivian service is outstanding, and they really can't do enough for you. We were very, very lazy and spent most of our time around the olympic sized swimming pool, with waiter service on tap. There were lots of water sport activities to do, which we could have joined in, but, we were just too lazy. We were very lucky with our booking, as they were offering a free family upgrade, so our room price was very reasonable - for a luxury resort. The weather was outstanding, although allegedly the rainy season - but be careful on costs and add Service Charges and Taxes to everything. Not much to do in the evenings, but 4 fabulous restaurants.

Room Tip: The two bedroom family beach bungalow is excellent for older children. Be aware that the lower numb...

Dear Sharon120,

It was so nice to read how much you and the family enjoyed your recent visit to the island. The new Family Beach Bungalows were added to The Resort at the beginning of the year and are very popular with families.

I will be sure to share your feedback with the team at The Main Pool. They will be very happy to know you enjoyed your time there and throughout the Resort.

Reviewed 31 July 2012

I had always thought we have stayed in some of the best hotels in the world, but apparently not. We had read reviews and seen photos but what we experienced during our week long stay at Landaa Giraavaru far exceeded our expectations.

This was our second time in Maldives after a very long absence. We knew we wanted to stay on a bigger island because during our first stay at another resort, the island was small and often felt overcrowded.

As expected, we were greeted at Male airport and accompanied by FS staff to check into our flight on the seaplane to Landaa Giraavaru. We waited just less than an hour in the FS lounge for our plane. The lounge is comfortable with free wi-fi, drinks and snacks. The flight took about 35 minutes. The seaplane also takes other passengers to another island farther north but FS was the first stop.

Villas
Choosing a villa was hard and I had read all the reviews and finally decided on a sunrise water villa. After being on the island, we were very happy with our choice. We knew we wanted a water villa but there were sunrise, sunset, with or without pool, so which one is best? We were there during the low season, and we felt it made little difference between sunrise and sunset. If you want to see a good sunset, just head to Blu. None of the sunset villas face directly West anyway and you can easily just walk to the opposite side of the villas to see the sunset, if you are staying in a sunrise villa. There are chair-swings dotted along the decks too, which were great to just sit and relax. The pools in the villas are small but if you don't mind paying a couple of hundred dollars more, it's fine, but why do you need a pool when there is an ocean right outside your villa? Sure, the ocean can be rough but just head to the lagoon - earth's natural pool. I can't say much for beach villas, but having stayed in a beach villa on another resort, we wanted something more open and water villas (we think) are cooler due to the sea-breeze. As for location, any of the water-villas we think are fine. They are all fairly private compared to the beach villas (especially those located near the Blu beach) but you do get a few random guests who swim near/under/around your villas which is annoying.

Food and drinks
We tried all the restaurants except Teppanyaki in Cafe Landaa. Fuego Grill, Al Barakat, and Blu are the best. We had dinner in Cafe Landaa once and it was pretty average. Room service is great too - the menu consists of a variety of items from all the restaurants. Yes, food is expensive but you have to remember where you are ... most things are imported. We had drink at the Fuego Bar and Blu bar a few times. The seating in Fuego bar is amazing and it's a great place to spend sunset. They serve breakfast at both Cafe Landaa and Blu and we recommend Blu if you don't mind not having buffet. It was less crowded and food was made to order - and view is better.

Meal plan
We had planned to get the half board but decided against it in the end, which was a good decision for us. Unless you have a huge appetite, (the meals are quite large portions), so we never ended up having a 3 course meal for lunch or dinner. Most we had was 2 course. Drinks probably make up most of the meal so what we saved on the meal plans went into drinks.

Internet
Someone had mentioned about having to pay for internet but the hotel actually offers complimentary internet for one device per villa. This free internet is not high speed and if you want high speed you pay US$25 a day up to 3 devices. You can also use the hotel's 3 iMacs above the lobby which has free internet.

Service was great, staff were all friendly. We were totally spoilt, never really having to lift a finger to do anything.

Spa
We were on a spa package, so we had 2 treatments. We definitely recommend the Ayurvedic treatments. Treatments are done either over water or inside the gardens on the island. The Spa grows its own herbs in their own garden which are used for Ayurvedic treatments. Excellent spa - no doubt about it and we think it's probably the most unique Spa we've been to.

Kids club
Did not spend much time here but they have a pool and outdoor area as well as indoor area. It looks like a small pre-school and younger kids will have fun here.

Resort
The island was magnificent. It's hard to find an island so big in Maldives. We never felt the island was overcrowded. We biked everywhere on the island. We didn't have any problems with mosquitos and by 5pm all the pathways are lit up with scented flames and incense to ward off mosquitos. When you are biking, especially on the water villas decks, you do need to be a little careful and watch out for buggies and other cyclists, especially at night, but it's all part of the fun. There are lots to do on the island even if you don't go diving. The resort has a schedule of activities you can join every day and we were never bored. Dolphin spotting, sunset cruise, manta-ray cruise, fish feeding, shark feeding, tennis, ping pong, cycling, snorkeling, day trip to local island .. There is also a Marine Centre where they breed tropical fish and a turtle rehabilitation centre. There are 2 beaches/pools on the island, and we spent most of it on Blu which we felt was more intimate than the one near Cafe Landaa

We were very happy with FS Landaa Giraavaru and we will definitely go back. Maldives is a naturally beautiful place and FSLG just adds to the whole experience. We had a very memorable holiday. This is a resort you can truly relax, recharge and rejuvenate - which are the reasons why we go on holidays!

Room Tip: If you like open seas and breeze, choose water villas. If you like the beach/trees/sand, choose beac...
2  Thank lovetotravelhk

Dear Lovetotravelhk,

Thank you for taking the time to share such detailed feedback with us following your recent visit to Landaa Giraavaru. I was very happy to read how much you enjoyed your time on the island.

I am delighted that you enjoyed the food at The Resort. It is important that we offer a large variety of cuisine for our guests. I have taken note of your comments regarding Cafe Landaa and will share this with the Food and Beverage team to review the quality of food on offer.

The ambience and treatments on offer at The Landaa Spa & Ayurvedic Retreat are very popular with our guests. The Ayurvedic treatments and Chakra Blessings allow guests the opportunity to discover a very holistic approach to the Spa world.

Seabar was introduced in late 2012 and has certainly added a nice lounge atmosphere for guests to take in some cocktails at sunset while seeing baby lemon sharks swimming close by in the lagoon.

Please do let me know when your plans bring you back to The Maldives. I would be delighted to assist with the details of your stay to ensure another wonderful experience next time round.

With best wishes

Reviewed 25 July 2012

This has got to be one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in. The staff here is EXCELLENT! Maldivians are genuinely friendly people. The buffet breakfasts is perfect. One of our favorite meals was at the Moroccan restaurant. The scuba diving was amazing. I really enjoyed staying here.

I will come back here again. It'll cost you, but it is worth it.

Room Tip: Every room is good here, but if you stay in any of the over-the-water villas, you're forced to s...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
MartinCody, Director of Rooms at Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Landaa Giraavaru, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2012

Dear SimplySerg,

It was so nice to read how much you enjoyed your recent visit to Landaa Giraavaru. The most important ingredient of our Resort is the people. The Maldivians are very friendly and service oriented resulting in many memorable experiences being created for our guests. I will be sure to share your comments with the team at Cafe Landaa, Al Barakat and in the Dive Centre. They will be thrilled with the feedback

With best wishes

Reviewed 25 July 2012

We spent 5 days in Four Seasons Landaa Giraavaru barely 2 weeks ago and had an amazing time! We didn't want to leave and wanted to extend our stay if it weren't for the non-refundable payment we made at Singapore Marina Bay Sands after the trip. The place was so clean and beautiful! We've never seen any place like it and we've been to some notable beaches around the world. The beach villa, although it could use a little updating, was nevertheless very spacious and perfect with its 10 meter private pool which my daughter and husband enjoyed swimming in whenever it's too hot at the beach. The pristine waters provided good visibility when we snorkeled a few meters from the shore and saw a moray eel, lots of napoleon wrasses, squids, all sorts of butterfly and angel fish and many more. We even saw 2 stingrays and several lemon sharks at night when we stayed up for a drink in their Sea Bar! The service in the entire island was excellent too. Many thanks to Christian, Manager of Cafe Landaa, who accommodated our request for specific items not on the menu, and for the vast selection of fruits that were served every day during breakfast. Their Mangosteens were so sweet, it was addicting! Thanks to Akhmed too of Recreation Center who was very helpful in providing us information on where to go and what to do. We ended up going to 2 snorkeling sites and going on a fishing trip during our stay. It would have been perfect if there was a Manta Call but we were not that lucky. As for the food, we were not disappointed. The Lamb Tangine in Al Barakat was to die for. The grilled beef burger (my daughter had it 4x during our stay), the thin crust pizza and the crab linguini with Pesto in Blu were very good. To top it all, the view from this restaurant was fantastic! It was the best part of the resort for me. Our whole stay was truly memorable!

Thank you FSLG for living up to your reputation and exceeding our expectations! Hope to be back there soon!

Room Tip: We stayed in Villa 216 which was close to the Spa and Recreation Center. We prefer this over a water...
Also consider these accommodations in or near Landaagiraavaru Island
6 mi away
Dusit Thani Maldives
Dusit Thani Maldives
#6 of 15 in Baa Atoll

Been to Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Landaa Giraavaru? Share your experiences!