I have returned recently from a 7 day stay on this resort, and was fortunate to have brilliant weather. The accommodations consist of wooden bungalows on the beach front on the surrounds of the island. I stayed in two different bungalows due to an extended stay. Both accommodations were in excellent condition and cleaned daily. Housekeeping were attentive and ensured that sunbeds and towels were laid out each morning ready for use on the beach (outside the front door).
The pool area is good and less crowded as most preferred to use their private beaches.
This is a beautiful island and the staff are fantastic, it is peaceful and the waters are perfect blue in colour.
Food is well presented with Maldivian selections and european. Ensure that you check out what the chefs are cooking each day. Food on offer is not of the highest standard but toursts must remember that all food products in the Maldives are imported - there are no fresh diary, meats or fruits. So the chefs and staff do well with what is available.
I had a wonderful stay on this island - no it is not 5 star but it is nearly - staff were fantastic and the location is heaven.
Exercusions here are not as expensive as other resorts and the spa was also excellent (look out for the different offers available).
Wonderful relaxing stay - Thank-you to all the staff
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come experience the Maldives you’ve always dreamt of at Royal Island Resort & Spa. Amidst the sparkling jewels of the Indian Ocean, our exquisite Maldives luxury hotel shines and dazzles above all. Indulge and immerse yourself in a colorful journey of discovery, where shores lined with luxuriant banyans and lush palms yield to a majestic underwater world that will render you speechless. Enjoy unmatched services and facilities, including the lavish Araamu Spa and a fabulous selection of restaurants and bars. Relax and unwind with a vast selection of resort activities , including a fully equipped gymnasium, tennis, and squash to scuba diving and water skiing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Priceline, Southall Travel, Odigeo, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Royal Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Island Resort And Spa
- Royal Island Hotel Baa Atoll
- Royal Island Resort Maldives