We visited Royal Island resort in the first week of June. It is a beautiful property and would give anyone an opportunity to "cut-off" from the rest of the world. The positives about the resort were as follows:
- the staff were friendly and they go all out to make you comfortable
- the island resort is straight out from a post card; this was our first trip to maldives and we were mesmerised by the turquoise water and the white sand
- we were quite happy with the variety and taste of food
- there is enough and more opportunities for diving, scuba, canoeing, etc.
- the airport transfers were smooth
- we enjoyed the shark and sting ray feeding excursion
The areas where we were not too happy:
- we sometimes felt that the hotel charges were sometimes exorbitant; In a hot and humid place like Maldives the hotel policy is to provide one bottle of drinking water and then charge USD 4 for a bottle of water; there was another occasion where we felt ripped off
- the open bathroom results in insects infesting the area; however, once we complained the hotel staff immediately gave us a bottle of insecticides and resolved the problem
- some of the things in the room like TV needs to be upgraded
Overall, a good property with friendly staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come experience the Maldives you’ve always dreamt of at Royal Island Resort & Spa. Amidst the sparkling jewels of the Indian Ocean, our exquisite Maldives luxury hotel shines and dazzles above all. Indulge and immerse yourself in a colorful journey of discovery, where shores lined with luxuriant banyans and lush palms yield to a majestic underwater world that will render you speechless. Enjoy unmatched services and facilities, including the lavish Araamu Spa and a fabulous selection of restaurants and bars. Relax and unwind with a vast selection of resort activities , including a fully equipped gymnasium, tennis, and squash to scuba diving and water skiing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Royal Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Island Resort And Spa
- Royal Island Hotel Baa Atoll
- Royal Island Resort Maldives