My wife and I are spending a week here at the Holiday Inn. Being a frequent traveller and travelling around the globe, I can say that this hotel is not on par with the usual IHG service. Besides that, it is also overpriced.
1. You order a delivery in your villa (400 usd/night, without breakfast), you ask for bread and the answer is that you have to pay it!!! First time in my life, I am gold with Intercontinental, Platinum with Starwood, Diamond with Hyatt, and I never got such answer!!! So I ended up paying 9 usd plus taxes for steamed rice (!!!!)
2. The waiter comes and leaves our food on the table; my wife had to go upstairs to get forks and knives... he didn't even bring napkins or glasses, just threw our meals on the table and asked for signature. One pizza, one pasta and steamed rice, 70 usd.
3. They offer packages, but they are very expensive: 86 usd per day per person to have dinner in a buffet restaurant of average quality.
4. Do nout forget to bring sun protection, otherwise you will pay 30 plus usd for an unknown brand sun cream.
5. You are forced to pay 198 usd per person for a return journey from the Male airport by speedboat.
In summary, the island is nice, room are good and clean, but the guest is seen as an ATM machine.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Find your tropical island paradise at the lagoon-facing Holiday Inn Resort (R) Kandooma Maldives. Let speedboats ferry you across the turquoise waters from Male International Airport to our contemporary Maldives holiday resort in just 40 minutes. Slip into island life from the moment you arrive at Holiday Inn Resort (R) Kandooma Maldives, with world-class diving and surfing facilities at your doorstep. Our beach villas ooze style and boast elegant touches like outdoor showers and iPod docking stations. Grab coffee and wood-fired pizza from the Bokkuraa Coffee Club beside our sparkling infinity pool, or unwind with a good book and enjoy views over the peaceful lagoon. You can indulge in a soothing Thai massage and other beauty treatments at our Kandooma Spa and book the Spa Suite's private garden with plunge pool for a romantic afternoon. Discover a Maldives hotel for family here, where you can learn to sail on a catamaran around the region's sandbanks and sip on alcohol-free cocktails on a sunset cruise. Diving and snorkelling among colourful reefs is just five minutes by boat from Holiday Inn Resort(R) Kandooma Maldives. As a child-friendly Maldives hotel, your children will be kept entertained with face-painting and fun games, while parents can unwind with a game of tennis or a workout at the gym. Top off a perfect day with a Maldivian seafood feast and breathtaking sunsets at The Kitchen restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), IHG, Priceline, TravelUp, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma Hotel South Male Atoll
- Kandooma South Male Atoll
- Kandooma Hotel South Male Atoll