Travelled with a 3 year old and was a smooth journey, We were met at the airport and ushered to the awaiting speedboat ride which was fantastic,.Upon arrival it was hot and there were icy drinks offered and a teddy bear for my little one. All staff were welcoming we had a lovely surprise when the beach villa was upgraded. The room was amazing, clean, fresh,and near the beach. My little girl still asks for House number 18 :).We stayed 9 days and packed it full of activities like the breath taking sunsets, dolphin trip, local island (top tip is to buy all souvenirs there as it is cheaper than the airport), yoga at sunset and spent 2 well spent days in the spa (the ginger tea which i forgot to ask the brand name is a must after a salt scrub and deep tissue massage). The kidsclub was fun for my little one and had activities she enjoyed. We made some fantastic friends with similar aged kids that we shared out days and evening entertainments with. It is a lovely family resort., We all got along so well it really made the holiday special.
The staff especially at the restaurant were simply the most hospitable I have ever met in any hotel, thank you for making our stay wonderful (I did gain a few kilos). My little girl was so fussy and all efforts were made to offer her something she liked to eat. The only thing we were not able to try is me cooking for her or bringing her favourite food along (polenta with baobao leaf). There was endless supply of milk and kids ate free (even when I had food brought to the room at night so we can enjoy the evening entertainment like a local band, movie night, bingo, or karaoke (we did it all).
The magic of the resort if the staff, the villas, the views of the beach, the family friendly pool and lovely views. I have already recommended this to some work mates who are planning their family holidays. We very much look forward to returning in the not so distant future. Next time, I will try snorkeling and also feeding the sharks. There is so much to see and do. We loved every single minute.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Find your tropical island paradise at the lagoon-facing Holiday Inn Resort (R) Kandooma Maldives. Let speedboats ferry you across the turquoise waters from Male International Airport to our contemporary Maldives holiday resort in just 40 minutes. Slip into island life from the moment you arrive at Holiday Inn Resort (R) Kandooma Maldives, with world-class diving and surfing facilities at your doorstep. Our beach villas ooze style and boast elegant touches like outdoor showers and iPod docking stations. Grab coffee and wood-fired pizza from the Bokkuraa Coffee Club beside our sparkling infinity pool, or unwind with a good book and enjoy views over the peaceful lagoon. You can indulge in a soothing Thai massage and other beauty treatments at our Kandooma Spa and book the Spa Suite's private garden with plunge pool for a romantic afternoon. Discover a Maldives hotel for family here, where you can learn to sail on a catamaran around the region's sandbanks and sip on alcohol-free cocktails on a sunset cruise. Diving and snorkelling among colourful reefs is just five minutes by boat from Holiday Inn Resort(R) Kandooma Maldives. As a child-friendly Maldives hotel, your children will be kept entertained with face-painting and fun games, while parents can unwind with a game of tennis or a workout at the gym. Top off a perfect day with a Maldivian seafood feast and breathtaking sunsets at The Kitchen restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Priceline, IHG, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Ctrip TA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma Hotel South Male Atoll
- Kandooma South Male Atoll
- Kandooma Hotel South Male Atoll