“Completely WON-DER-FUL and breathtaking!”

Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma Maldives
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Six months have been passed since our stay at Holiday Inn Kandooma, but we’re still thinking about the good mood, relaxation and all the positive experiences we had at this wonderful resort.
A dream came true for us – that’s why a wrote such an extra-long review. Enjoy :)

Just a short info in advance: I wanted to spend my 30th birthday far away from home, at a pleasant holiday resort, which has a big recreational value and is surrounded by breathtaking scenery.
After several days of deliberation, we decided to go to the Maldives.
Unfortunately, we booked the journey way too late (7 days before departure).

Due the lack of time, we didn’t had many choices to look for a place to stay, because most hotels were already fully booked. We found out, that the Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma still got some rooms left, so we immediately booked 7 days all inclusive.

Of course we’d read the hotel’s reviews in advance...however, I am a person who get led astray by such reviews – that behavior is complete nonsense...I know! But every time again, I get confused & mislead because I read every single review. Stupid Me!
You have to know, that I am a very discerningly person, when it comes to cleanliness & food, so I want to get sure, that there are no problems with this issues.

The only thing, I should say: Don’t get crazy in consequence of the reviews and explore your own experience & impressions!
That’s what we did and it was a RE-MARK-ABLE experience!

We flew with Emirates from Munich to Male with a stopover in Dubai. After about 9 hours of actual flying time, we arrived well at (hot) Malé.
At the airport, we received a very warmth welcome by two hotel-staff members.
The took our luggage and loaded it immediately onto the speed boat, with which we had to drive another 40 minutes to the resort.

40 minutes full of speed, surrounded by deep blue water (and adequate safety vests) was a great start for great holidays :)

Arrived (in one piece) at the hotel, we’d enjoyed a refreshing drink at the lobby with a very nice hotel desk clerk. She gave us a warm welcome and explained us, the most important things about the resort.
Which restaurants are available, at which times they were open, information about the diving school, surfing school, ...
During this small introduction, our luggage was already brought to our "Beach House". After we’d got all the necessary information, we were driven to our accommodation by a golf cart! What a wonderful way to start our holiday at the Holiday Inn Resort!

The Beach House (No. 78) was a 5 minute walk (relaxed 5 minutes) away from the reception and the restaurants, right on a very quiet and clean beach on the beautiful island.

Arrived at the Beach House, we were already overwhelmed by the open living room and the close proximity to the beach.
Although the resort has a age over 10 years, there was no visible wearout.
Neither there was mold in the (open) showers or in the joints, nor any dirt in the house. Even in the toilet, on the duvet covers & mattresses, the towels,...everything was clean.
Our accommodation, the restaurants, the toilets (everywhere!) and the entire island were in a impeccable hygienic condition. Since some hotels may be a leaf in Europe!
Most of the Hotels in Europe could learn a thing or two from them! Respect!

In addition to the fact, that the cleanliness left nothing to desire, you should also know, that the house was VERY spacious and everyday we’d got 2 (glas!)bottles of water and fresh oranges to squeeze it by ourselfs - just awesome!

After we’d unpacked our luggage, we explored the island.
The various animals (Crabs, bats, birds and of course lots and lots of fishes) and the pretty flora was mesmerizing. The colorful flowers, that bloom there, really got my heart pumping.
We were exploring/walking about 45 minutes. Without the "oh, look there! Oh did you see this?!" you could encircle the whole island in about 20 minutes - but we had no hurry :)

The various sections of the beach were great! There were some small, natural sections, where you could watch the crabs working at their "daily business", as well as sections of the beach from the catalog: clean and spacious white sand

Incidentally, that was another thing that has really surprised me - although the resort with 160 accommodation was pretty big, we have never felt "harassed" or disturbed in our privacy. The resort is designed pretty clever. The Guests could spread throughout the island very well, even at high guest appearance.

After our walk, we prepared ourselves for dinner - another very important issue: the food.

We had booked all inclusive board. The food was presented in „buffet style“ and the drinks were served by the wonderful service-team directly to the table. Since I booked AI-buffet board just once in my lifetime (and this choice turned out to be the absolute horror) I was critical than usual - but this turned out to be totally unnecessary!

The food was very fresh every single morning, noon and evening the whole 7 days and very varied. There was something of everything - but especially Asian food.
Plenty of meat (lamb, chicken, beef), fish, vegetables, salads, soups, desserts, easy ... Everything the culinary heart desires.
Me personally eat almost carbohydrate-reduced food, which often proves to be a problem - but not at the Holiday Inn. I ate quite often fresh fish, vegetables and super yummie salads.

In the evening, there were daily changing menu themes. One evening they fried fresh, raw meat / fish / vegetable with your sauce of choice in front of you in a wok; the other evening there was a BBQ; next day they presented local delicacies presented ... so it REALLY was always sufficient, very creative and very delicious!

One of the most marvelous things, besides the freshly prepared food, was the included smile of the kitchen-chefs and service. We were received so incredibly warm and the drinks were served to us with such a hospitality - I really would not have expected that kinda serivce from such a large resort. Here again you realize that the saying: "As you would call into the forest, it echoes even out again" is absolutely true.

Cause I have a bit of experience in the hotel industry myself, I know the hard work of each individual in a hotel and I really appreciated the service at HI Kandooma. The guys & girls there did mostly everything for their guests, so the guests could enjoy an unforgettable holiday. It takes a tremendous amount of effort, nerves & work behind such a hotel job. An absolute challenge, because most of the tourists do not not always behave the way towards the staff it should be: with proper respect.

After 2 days I've talked more frequently with a variety of employees. Whether it was the service, housekeeping or the chefs. All of them absolutely helpful and very experienced. Many of the chefs have also worked abroad, including also in Germany / Austria. For this I have also repeatedly been told great stories. Super interesting!

I also want to thank very specially in Shathir and his Kandooma Cafe Team here. The guys were every morning, noon and evening just great! Supernice, always smiling and absolutely hospitable. Such a kindness I have never experienced in a hotel. Shathir and his team made the holiday spezial for us - if the boys had not been, our stay would have been just half as beautiful, interesting and funny as it was. A big THANK YOU from us to you!

Just as awesome as the service, was also my birthday!
I never thought that this birthday will be SO memorable and beautiful!

After breakfast we went back to our room and I was already overwhelmed by the first surprise: a beautifully decorated bed with a birthday card from the hotel staff. WOW! The housekeeping had actually decorated the bed with a variety of local flowers and placed "Happy B-Day" with palm leaves. Stunning!

Then I had a 60-minute wellness treatment (relaxation massage) at Como Shambhala spa.
The SPA – another recommendation! From the welcoming to the treatment, up to the Goodbye (including a small birthday song) - everything was 100% perfect with great recreational value!

In the meantime, my partner had planned (together with the great team from the Water Sports Centre) a trip of which I didn’t knew nothing about:
We went on a Catamaran (!) to a beautiful reef for a snorkel trip.

Since this was the first snorkel trip ever for me, I was very enthusiastic about the colorful underwater world. I’d never seen such intense colors and rich flora and fauna. Breathtakingly beautiful! This trip was also perfecty organized, because we had our guide (whose name I unfortunately can not remember), who’d showed us the special animals in the underwater world and he also took great photos with his underwater digicam for us (a great idea, because we were distracted by the magnificent underwater world).

After about an hour snorkeling, we took the catamaran towards a small mini-sandbar. It was a bit windier that day, so the catamaran ride was a bit of a challenge for our guide, which he did with bravura (and we with tons of fun)!

Just before we arrived at the small sandbar, we went on with the snorkeling. Again, we saw a great, colorful reef. I snorkeled in the turquoise sea, when I suddenly saw something strange, but that was no fish and no plant.
Curious, I popped in the vicinity of the „object“, until I saw that it was a banner with the inscription "Happy Birthday Nicole"!
The guys have actually attached this banner and some balloons to a small reef! I couldn’t believe my eyes. The surprise was definitely succeeded! I was absolutely speechless and just overwhelmed. Such an effort just for me - madness!
That was really unique and I will never forget this moment.

After 2 hours and a lot of pictures from reef, we did go back on the Catamaran towards the resort.

After I calmed down a bit, cause of the big suprise, it was already dinner time. Like every evening, we were welcome very warm at Kandooma Café and many of the guys already knew that I celebrated my birthday on that day. Another big suprise: I got a birthday cake decorated with love and a little serenade, which was sung with devotion. VERY tasty & lovely :)

The complete birthday was just incredibly beautiful and absolutely unforgettable. Thanks to the entire team of HI-resorts and their creative help.
Thank you, thank you and thank you to the guys from the Water Sports Centre - specifically Maanu - and to my sweetheart Sebastian!

The wonderful and relaxed days went by - unfortunately much too fast...

However, the last night I would also like to specifically mention. This was also a very memorable evening.

On the way to our dinner table, Shathir said "No, no - this is not your table tonight! Follow me!".

Unsuspecting we followed him towards the beach ... and saw a huge heart that was drawn in the sand, surrounded by candles. Amid oft he heart was our table. We were completely overwhelmed and both of us close to tears. So incredibly beautiful - absolutely breathtaking!

The view of the sea, in which twinkled the lights of boats and bridges; the laid-back atmosphere - barefoot in the sand; the romantic warm glowing candles, which framed the shape of a heart and in the midst of it: Us.
Again an exceptionally moving moment, we were allowed to enjoy just because of the great staff of Kandooma cafe. What a beautiful ending for a beautiful holiday!

After our romantic dinner, the food and beverage manager came to us, and told us, how important it was to the whole team, to give us this unforgettable evening. I’d NEVER experienced SUCH a lovely bunch of hotel employees. Really!
This authentic hospitality has branded itself in my head and in my heart!

Perhaps you understand now why I put the focus of this report so much on the team & the service - because that is precisely that, what made my holiday special.
Such excellent service expertise..it’s hard to find it in the most hotels and therefore, I would like to emphasize this fact and say THANK YOU! so much.

So...you want to still hear the negatives points, right?
Now I have to disappoint you, unfortunately. There’s nothing negative to say about the hotel & the staff...but unfortunately about the guests.

As written by guest before my feedback, a certain group of guests we noticed particularly on: Asian guests, specifically Chinese tourists.

At the time of our stay, there were approximately 95% of the guests from China, so we have seen quite a few funny and not so funny behaviors.

We noticed, that almost none of the Chinese guests could speak English and therefore (especially at breakfast) it came to inharmonious situations, such as: the vacationers pointed directly with their fingers into the food, to show the chefs, which ingredient they would like to eat. I’d thought, this behavior was quite nasty, because it’s possible to "point at things" even without touching them.
Unfortunately, there were always some jostling at the buffet, as if there were not enought food for everyone...

But what really annoyed us, was that the guests of the overwater villas had constantly occupied the beach chairs that belonged to our cabin, because they "only" had a deck over the water, and no beach.

We were not the only ones who had this "problem" – a bit shameful, I must say, that it was once again only Chinese guests who put this behavior on.
Unfortunately it came almost every day to the moment, that I had to say something polite to the chinese guests, so they could make themselves comfortable in their own place, they had booked ...

This wasn’t necessarily bad...“other countries, different manners“ - but we are ALL tourists and would like to enjoy our holidays with harmony. So everybody should stick to the standard etiquette!

Horrible, however, was the behavior of a Chinese family. A bunch of 7 people.
Starting from spitting on the ground/in the sand directly in front of our beach house. This was so disgusting! The burping and the fall below the comfort zone at all mealtimes (child about 11 years came uncomfortably close to me and starred at me for minutes, without saying anything and without that someone of the parents has felt responsible for the girl - very oblique situation); the incredibly loud talking/screaming. It seems to be normal talking/screaming at this volume to each other, cause there were several couples with this behavior.

It was so idyllic, as we lay on the beach and hearing a young chinese couple scream to each other about 400 meters (water <-> beach). Sure, it’s boring to talk with normal volume at a normal distance...

But the worst circumstance is, that many of these guests apparently have absolutely no relationship to the environment.
Although the resort was really clean, but you still saw the garbage, they had left right after visiting the beach.
By the pool, at the beach or at the dinner table...Butts, cans, tea bag packaging, aluminum foil (which NOT belongs to the HI resort), Leftovers ... much of it unfortunately also in the sea. THAT was so sad.

Such a disastrous handling of waste, I have never experienced anywhere so far and I hope for nature, the resort's staff and the reputation of the chinese guest, that this is also an important topic at the offered „etiquette-seminars" (no joke – there are such seminars especially for Chinese tourists'!)

Okay - enough written about the small, negative experiences.

Conclusion: I really recommend this wonderful resort with a clear conscience!

If you want to have perfect hygiene conditions, fabulous service and varied cuisine under palm trees, surrounded by turquoise sea, you should enjoy your holidays at HI Kandooma!

We will definitely be back! Thanks to ALL of you!
Nicki

Room Tip: Beach House No. 78
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank iNicki
Joseph D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma Maldives, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear iNicki,

Thank you so much for your precious time for sharing such wonderful review with us on Tripadvisor.

It is a real pleasure to read that you had good memories of your birthday celebration with us and enjoyed every aspects of the resort. We are delighted to know that our team has done a great job to make your stay pleasant and memorable. I will definitely share your comment to Shathir and the team which your comment is an inspiration for us to serve our guests better.

Once again, we thank you for your review. The team and I are looking forward for your return soon again to our little paradise.

Joseph Della Gatta

Write a ReviewReviews (1,522)

Reviewed 10 July 2014

We have just returned from a 9 day Stay at tropical Kandooma and we loved every minute of it. From the moment we were welcomed at the airport by the staff to the check in at the resort everything felt so nice, welcoming and easy... We were offered the Beach Villa 103 which was lovely, the room was very spacious and the ac worked great which was much needed during our first day of climatising to the warmth of the tropics ;-) We absolutely loved the outdoor bathroom and were amazed by showering under the stars in the evening...
The Kandooma Cafe is where we had most meals as we booked a Half Board basis... this was great on most nights, we only had 3 nights where we didnt really think much of the evening buffet. The other days we were spoilt by options and different food. I mainly loved the Indian night with all the different curries. At lunch we usually went to the Cafe by the pool which was nice but in our honest opinion way overpriced. We ordered a Club Sandwich for 33 Dollars on the first day and what we got on our plate was hardly a Club Sandwich... any place in the world a Club Sandwich would be in 3 or 4 parts, the one here was a big plate of fries with 2 small triangles of sandwich... truely disappointing for that price. Makes you perhaps think that All inclusive might have been a better way forward but as my husband was surfing most of the days, it wouldnt have compensated...
My husband had booked a few day passes for Surfing on the boat with The Perfect Wave and we must say the staff was brilliant with excellent local knowledge on all the surf breaks around :-)
Overall we loved our stay and can highly recommend it to both couples or families with children... Thank you to everyone who made our stay special... and specially a thanks to Thilak at the Bokkuraa Coffee Club for the amazing Strawberry Daquiri's !!!!

Room Tip: Beach Villa 103 was a great room close to West Beach and the Surf Spot. It was very quiet and had a...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 7IslandSurfschool

Dear 7IslandSurfschool,

We would like to thank you for taking time sharing your stay experience with us on Tripadvisor following your recent stay.

We are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay on our Beach Villa and enjoyed very much the Indian night buffet as well the Strawberry Dasquiri's. I will share your compliment to Thilak who will be happy to hear from you.

Thank you for mentioned the area that we certainly could look into and improve on. The team and I are looking forward to welcoming you again to our little paradise in the near future.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We spent 4 days at the Holiday Inn Kandooma, Maldives, in September 2013. The hotel picks you up from the airport and the hotel is a 40 minute fast boat ride from the airport. The Maldives in general is a great destination with it's coral islands, crystal clear water, and the reefs around the islands that make most of the water off the beach more like a giant, calm swimming pool. The hotel has garden villas, which simply allow you to enjoy the island environment. They have beach view villas that have a better view of the water. The overwater villas are great with terrific views. however, there are two rows of water villas, one with a view of another island separated by a lagoon and the other with a great view towards the ocean. It is better to request a water villa that has the ocean view. Compared to other resorts, the Holiday Inn is particularly kid-friendly, with kids below 12 eating and staying for free (with their parents). The service was very personal and comprehensive, any request was dealt with attentively. Most Maldivian resorts offer fantastic beach scenery - this resort offered great service as well.

Room Tip: Water villas are great, but pricey. The resort allows you to change rooms, so try to finish your sta...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Joseph D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma Maldives, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear DrANB,

Thank you for your valuable feedback with us on Tripadvisor.

It is a real pleasure to read that you and your family had good memories of the stay with us and enjoyed every aspects of the hotel.

The team and I are looking forward to welcoming you again to our little paradise on your next visit to the Maldives.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

My partner & I spent 7 days at the Holiday Inn Kandooma in November 2012 & had the most relaxing holiday in paradise, & came home feeling like we'd be away for a month! We stayed in a garden villa which was spacious & comfortable, & we loved the indoor/outdoor bathroom feature. The complimentary tea/coffee & water is a lovely touch.
We enjoyed cocktails in the rooftop bar at sunset, some sailing & snorkling with the recreation team, good food with a great choice at breakfast, lunch & dinner. Plenty of sunbeds to choose from either on the beach or at the pool - we never struggled to find sunny & shady spots to while away a few hours with a book or just watch the world go buy with the incredible views.
The staff were really helpful & very friendly - we couldn't fault them, & our amazing bonus on our boat transfer back to the airport we came across a massive pod of dolphins which was a fabulous finishing touch to an incredible week in a beautiful location - thank you.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Kate B,

We would like to thank you for your wonderful review about us on Tripadvisor.

It is a real pleasure to read that you had good memories of your stay with us. We are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed every aspects of the hotel.

Once again, we thank you for your time and we are looking forward to having you back to our little paradise in the near future.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

This is our first trip to Maldives. The resort is about 40 minutes by (20 passengers capacity) ferry ride from the airport. We stayed for 5 days and were amazed by the breathtaking view of the beach right in front of our beach house, and all around the island. The staff are all very helpful, and child friendly; from the front office, to the cafe, the kids club, as well as the water sport centre. The resort serves Buffet Breakfast and Dinner with excellent choices, but only offers 2 choices of complete set (entree, main and dessert) for lunch. Good choice of drinks, too, if you take Stay Spirited menu, where you get free flow of beers, wine, and cocktails. The water sport centre offers many activities and we're very happy to book private trips with a speedboat to go to a sandbank, watched schools of dolphins, and see turtles during snorkeling trip. We were very lucky to be accompanied by the resort's Marine Biologist, Ushan, in our trip. Overall, this is the best family holiday for us, and next year we are sure to book another trip to Holiday Inn Kandooma.

Room Tip: We got beach house no 6&7, right in front of a calm beach, safe for the kids to swim and snorkel
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Joseph D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma Maldives, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear EmilChana,

We would like to thank you for your wonderful review about us on Tripadvisor following your recent stay.

It is our great pleasure to read that you and your family had an amazing time with us and enjoyed every aspects of the hotel. We were also delighted to hear that you and your family were satisfied with our service and we are looking forward for your next return to our little paradise soon.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Just returned from a great weekend at the Holiday Inn Resort. It was one of the nicest IHG properties I've ever seen, the customer service was great, the rooms were great, and the bed was awesome. I stayed in a beach villa facing the ocean, with an out door bathroom that was lovely. We were lucky that it hardly rained the entire time we were there, so we could take advantage of the water sports. As an IHG member I was able to get free internet, which worked really well all over the island, and was invited to a welcome cocktail happy hour when I arrived. I was pleasantly surprised! The staff was lovely and very accommodating to us checking in early and out late. We went with just breakfast included, and paid for dinner a la carte, which was much more reasonable than that half board package. Also one nice thing about the resort is that it's not full of honeymooners. We went as a group of 3 gals, and had a great time! Most of the people there come to surf or dive, so the beaches were empty during the day. All and all, it was a great experience, and a fantastic value for the money in the Maldives, which is hard to come by!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank hallie4114

Dear Hallie4114,

We would like to thank you for your review about us and being member of the world’s largest hotel loyalty program.

It is our great pleasure to read that you have enjoyed your weekend with us and the cocktail party.

Thank you for your encouraging feedback to our resort and it inspired us to serve our guests better. The team and I are looking forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to the Maldives.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Stayed for three nights in a double bed garden view villa which was just great. Size of the room was adequate. Open air bathroom with complete toiletries, shaver, hairdryer. A huge beach bag, 2 flipflops are included as amenities. Flat screen TV have very good reception with CNN and BBC channel. I was able to watch the world cup nightly. There is a stereo set with ipod docking. Complimentary ground, powder coffee as well as teabag and tea leaves available. There is a French press, a tea leaves strainer, a hot water boiler, as well as an orange press. Fresh oranges are provided everyday as well as 2 bottles of 1 liter distilled water. Milk for tea are also included. There is an electronic safe for storage of important items/documents. Iron and ironing board, a torch/flashlight are available. Life jackets are also provided in the room, just in case there is a need. There are ample outlets in the room as well as adapters.
Telephone and AC worked very well. Lighting is somewhat subdued and some might find it hard to read inside the room. Wifi works excellent in the room. One side of the room is made of glass wall and opens into the porch/balcony facing the sea. Outside is a daybed with pillows, a table and a hammock. For wifi away from room, you have to switch to another connection, also free, just ask the reception.
Buffet breakfast is good with some varied selections each morning. Most staffs are very friendly while some little bit reserved. This is expected since each of us have some individual differences.
Barbecue night is definitely worth trying. The food was grilled to perfection and portions are huge with all the trimmings. Even with drink (non-alcoholic) and free water it was less than the cost of the dinner buffet. Maldivian theme night buffet not really something to look forward to. Performance by the dance troupe was spectacular, but the food is kind of a letdown. It was basically curry chicken, curry fish, curry beef, curry vegetable, and all sort of Indian flavors. Think their cuisine have a lot of Indian influence. If it is your birthday, the troupe will sing you their local version of birthday song.
Couldn't participate in most water sport as I have partial disability in my left arm, but the staff at the Aqua center (Alka and Nafro) were extremely accommodating and helpful in planning activities for me. I opted for private activity trip using a speedboat. The trip includes snorkeling, visit to sandbar, and a choice between dolphin watching and local island visit. It was suppose to be a 2 and half hour trip but we did it in three hours with no extra charge. Equipment and cold drinks are included. Snorkeling was kind of disappointing for me as I'm near-sighted and could not clearly see what was in front of me. But the underwater camera Nafro used captures the images for me. The trip was worth the money paid for.
Departure speedboat is scheduled based your your flight time, as they know you are not allowed into the airport until 2 and a half hours of your schedule flight. Your will be informed a day before hand of your transfer time, however you can arrange for a change of the schedule if you want to, like if you want to visit Male before check-in. You will have to check out of your room by 12 noon, but can stay on the resort until your departure time. They will take care of the luggage for you. You'll have an extended check out till 2 pm if you are a IHG member.
My sincere appreciation to the staffs who took time to engage in conservation with me when they noticed I was alone. Thanks to Vivian of reception, William of lobby lounge, Winston of the cafe and the countless others whom I simply could not remember their name (my apology).

Room Tip: Garden view villas are good enough. If privacy is important for you then choose between room 25 to 2...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Dear Emerson777,

Thank you for taking time sharing your stay experience with us on Tripadvisor following your recent stay.

We are very pleased to know that you have enjoyed your holiday with us and every aspects of the hotel. It is our great pleasure to read that our team members have shown their initiatives to make your stay memorable. I will definitely share your compliments with Alka, Nafro, Vivian, William, Winston and all the team members who will be happy to hear from you.

The team and I are looking forward to having you back to our little paradise in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kandoomaafushi Island
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Reso...
#1 of 1 in Furanafushi Island
#1 of 1 in Fihalhohi Island
Biyadhoo Island Resort
Biyadhoo Island Resort
#1 of 1 in Biyaadhoo Island

Been to Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma Maldives? Share your experiences!