Rihiveli by Castaway Hotels & Escapes
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Fun Island Resort(Bodufinolhu Island)
Excellent 5/5
  • Breakfast included
Fihalhohi Island Resort(Fihalhohi Island)
Raakani Villas(Guraidhoo)
  • Free Internet
  • Beachfront
Biyadhoo Island Resort(Biyaadhoo Island)
  • Beachfront
COMO Cocoa Island(Cocoa Island)
Excellent 5/5
  • Pool
All reviewsno shoeswater sportsmain islandsnorkeling tripsno air conditioningother guestsfishbeautiful lagoonwake boardingsharks and rayshalf boardclose to naturesmaller islandssunset barwonderful islandceiling fansmall island
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 May 2014

After 25yrs, my wife and I finally made it back to the romantic tropical island Paradise known as Rihiveli, where we had gone for our unforgettable honeymoon. Such a long time (and 7 children later) we were able to finally come back (sans children!), and to our delight it was still the wonderful, relaxing, friendly and oh-so-very-beautiful place we had vividly remembered.
Simple, but attractive, neat and functional accommodation, the glorious sand and indescribably clear water, the amazing and abundant tropical fish and other underwater treasures, and the friendly staff were all the same. Some minor changes were apparent, but nothing to spoil the tranquil ambiance that is the trademark of this resort. If anything, things were even better than the first time. The food (which we remembered fondly from last time) was even better - every meal was a joy to attend (I am not much of a fish fan generally, more of a "steak man"), but I've never enjoyed the fruit of the sea so much - rainbow fish and jack fish done in various ways, all superb. Being hungry is not something you can expect to experience on Rihiveli as there is plenty to choose from, and like everything else, no hurry at all to enjoy it as much as you want!
I haven't ever felt so relaxed as during this stay at Rihiveli (and the magic started as soon as we arrived). Time seemed to almost stand still. We dream of going yet again (hopefully it won't be another 25yrs!). I tell everyone back home that they had to drag me screaming down the jetty to the boat when it was time to leave, and that was nearly true. I cried when we arrived (such a long held dream finally coming true) and I cried when we left (quietly, of course...) since I knew I may never be back.
Thank you to Bruce, Stephane, Gaelle, and all the staff - thank you SO MUCH!
A smattering of French is helpful as the majority of the visitors are French (Italians are the next largest group), if you want to socialise a bit (for example as you sit on the beach by the Sunset Bar sipping your Happy Hour cocktail as you watch yet another beautiful tropical sunset and anticipate the gourmet dinner you are soon to enjoy...). We were the only Australians on this occasion, and our high school French was enough to converse with (and cause some amusement among the native speakers)
For those who want to keep active, there was a wide range of water activities available (snorkeling, catamarans, sailboards, and more) all included free, as is of course just enjoying the beautiful (warm!) waters that surround the island. Scuba Diving is extra (we did that last time) but well worth it if you are so inclined, as the Maldives is regarded as one the best Scuba Diving areas in the world
Can I give it 6 stars, please?

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Bruce B, General Manager at Rihiveli by Castaway Hotels & Escapes, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear Mark B,

I have no words to say THANK YOU for your detailed synopsis on our resort! True, without praising ourselves, we might be the very last down to earth resort in Maldives where we respect the sharks, the rays, the dolphins, the lovely birds, the crabs and the breathtaking sea-life under the water!
We pride ourselves to welcome our guests , year by year, and from one generation to the next generation! Hope this continues forever!!

Thank you again, please do not wait so long to come back to us, we are impatiently looking forward to greet you once again to PARADISE!!!

Best regards from all the team!!!

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Excellent accommodation with great facilities all around. Would certainly visit them if visited Male. Could although improve on the menu. Great and friendly people. Great activities simply worth trying out.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Ehtesham 123,

Thank you very much for your beautiful comments.We take your comments at heart and your views are our barometer , in a bid to maintain and constantly revise our standards.
However, the motto of Rihiveli remains and will remain" Barefoot Luxury".
Please come back to us soon!
Very best regards from all the team!

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Our stay at the Rihiveli resort was an unforgetable paradise. The General Manager Bruce Bowan was always at our disposal, making our holiday a dream come true!
All the staff and Bruce were friendly whilst proffesional at all times. The food was excelant! different every day and the "No news no shoes" is a fantastic way of life.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank carola51
Bruce B, General Manager at Rihiveli by Castaway Hotels & Escapes, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Dear Carola51,

Thank you very much for sharing your honest views with Rihiveli fans and Rihiveli fans TO BE!
True, I am pretty sure that paradise must be a place similar to Rihiveli and most importantly with it's people who make the place so hospitable and down to earth !!

We look forward to welcome you back to to PARADISE the soonest !

Best regards from the team!

Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

Had an amazing stay...staff was friendly and the room was amazing, very neat and I had the ocean at my disposal, the scenery at any time of the day is breathtaking... I plan on returning very soon. Thanks you Bruce and team

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Henrrietta N
Bruce B, General Manager at Rihiveli by Castaway Hotels & Escapes, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2014

Dear Henrietta,

Thank you for these beautiful comments and delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your RIHIVELI break !! and YES we want you to come back soon ,it will always be a great pleasure to greet you to Paradise!!!

Best regards,
Bruce.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

There are times when you wake up from bed, look in the mirror and tell to yourself “Alright, I think i need a break now. That's exactly what I did a week back after having worked for almost a year without any big or short breaks.

It didn’t take me long to figure out where I wanted to spent my vacation with my girl. After having heard a lot about Rihiveli we decided to give it a try, and let me tell you that was the best decision we ever made. Beautifully nestled on the Indian Ocean, the Rihiveli Island is surrounded by one of the best lagoons I have seen where you are always greeted by dolphins flaunting their acrobatic skills to all the boats passing by. Having arrived at the jetty, we were greeted by a friendly group of Rihiveli associates who did an efficient check-in and escorted us to our villa.

All the rooms are beautifully placed facing the ocean where you never get to miss the sky blue waters inviting you for a dip. The water sports activities and the snorkelling trips organised by the resort are amazing where they make sure every guest receives the opportunity to experience the fun and the marine life of Maldives.

The restaurant offers a rich variety of European, Asian and Maldivian cuisine with special mention going to the Dessert and Pastry. Another highlight of the resort is that they have a picnic island which is a few minutes’ walk through the lagoon. Yes I said it right, you can actually walk all the way from 1 island to the next, that's how shallow the lagoon is. Anyways, the picnic island is a wonderful spot where they have an outside setup for lunch where you can get to sit, relax and enjoy a wonderful lunch with your family, friends and loved ones.

Also every night they have fun games and movie nights organised for the guests who get the opportunity to meet and socialise with other guests and associates. The overall ambience and the friendliness of the associates who make sure all the guests are given equal and special attention was truly a symbol of well structured hospitality which the resort has successfully implemented. Kudos to that!

What started out as just a break for a few nights in Rihiveli turned out to be one of the best moments we’ve ever had. Special mention goes to Aurelie who handled our reservation efficiently even though it was last minute booking and made sure we were enjoying our stay throughout; the energy ball Stephane who was with us all the way from check-in till check-out entertaining us with his Indian songs and dance moves and making sure we were happy and comfortable during our stay and always there to follow-up on our needs; Chef Chris who always greeted us at the restaurant and made sure we enjoyed our food; our snorkelling guide who took us around different reefs helping us to look for Mantas but still made sure we were happy finding the turtles and sharks; Jameel, who helped us with the water skiing; Marion, who took us for diving and gave us a different feel of the underwater world altogether; Sisira, the always happy bartender who turned out to be our official photographer till we ran out of films; and of course Mr Bruce, the General manager who was always around to greet and acknowledge us on all occasions and making sure we were enjoying our stay.

All I can say is thank you Rihiveli for making our stay so memorable and we look forward to visiting and meeting you all in the near future.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Govind E
Bruce B, General Manager at Rihiveli by Castaway Hotels & Escapes, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2014

Dear Govind, thank you very much for sharing your experience at Rihiveli. It was a pleasure to welcome you. I forward your special thanks to all the team. This paradise is also yours now. Rihiveli is a lifestyle! Best regards