We (two adults, 15yr old son and 11yr old daughter) stayed here in April 2014, I'll give pros and cons
Food is good quality (especially ceviche which is my favourite) and plenty of it, served as multiple stations of pastas, salads, hot and cold meat dishes, pudding station
Villa, garden villa which was spacious with lovely outdoor shower
Bikes all around the island, enjoyed this as you mainly cycle in the shade
Tennis, football matches (my son loved this), ping pong, pool, all we'll maintained and the pool guys always bring you towels immediately, pool table, football tables
Beach is immaculate
Staff were friendly and all made an effort to greet you every day, I couldn't fault them.
Due to the length of the island and the general heat you hardly saw anyone in the day (this made it dull for the kids as they like to meet people their own age)
The island is about 95percent Italian (nothing against that but there was a language barrier which again made it a little difficult for the kids to make friends)
Food was good but did get repetitive so I would recommend a week on the island and then a week somewhere else
The island is cleared of Mosquitos regularly and I was concerned about the safety of what was being sprayed
Need more DVDs and games stocked
Breakfast was not great as it's mainly pastries which makes it hard if you're not keen on that kind of thing
As a summary it was a well run place with great staff. I would recommend it to couples who want to scuba dive, snorkel and relax, not so much for families.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Palm Beach Resort is one of the most beautiful island resorts in the Maldives. The island is surrounded by a 3-mile white sandy beach protected by a magnificent lagoon and coral reefs. The island has all the modern facilities including health & recreation, water sports and a 5 star PAD I standard diving centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Agoda, Expedia, Fastbooking, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Hotelopia and TravelUp so you can book your Palm Beach Resort & Spa Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palm Beach Hotel Lhaviyani Atoll
- Palm Beach Lhaviyani Atoll