“Bread making course”
Review of Knead It!

Knead It!
More attraction details
Owner description: A small, friendly artisan bakery based in a 16th Century thatched cottage beside the River Avon just one mile from Stratford-upon-Avon. Knead It! bread is baked from scratch in the kitchen using locally-sourced ingredients with no additives or chemicals preservatives. If you come along during the first hour or so, you can see the bread being made and baked, then take it home to enjoy while it's still warm! Open Wednesdays (9am-4pm) and Saturdays (8am-2pm). Breadmaking Courses are available too!
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

A great bread making course in a wonderful setting run by Craig and Jane who really want to share their bread making passion. We learnt loads on the day, enjoyed our own pizza at lunch time and went home with a boot full of bread products inspired to improve our baking skills. I would definitely recommend this course if you want to get a good understanding of baking your own bread products in a relaxed environment,

JaneCraig2014, Owner at Knead It!, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thankyou for your great feedback. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your day with us and have learnt some new skills along the way. Happy baking!

All reviews
in 8 reviews
"yeast"
"loaves"

Reviewed 6 June 2018

I received a baking course with Knead It as a birthday gift and had no idea what to expect. Well, other than I'll be baking bread...

I turned up at Jane and Craig's place and it is just a delightful space, and both Jane and Craig were completely open and welcoming. After the initial introduction to the other on the course, we got on to making our first batch of dough.

I'm a complete novice, so to suddenly be making kilograms of dough and jumping in kneading with no experience was at small leap of faith. But armed with the hope that I'll be alright in the end (and that Jane and Craig had the ability to step in when needed) we cracked on and made loaf after loaf, rolls, pizza, buns and (my fav) focaccia.

A fabulous day, a I've been baking bread ever since. I've never bought bread from them, but wish I lived closer so I could.

JaneCraig2014, Owner at Knead It!, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

Mike - thankyou for such lovely feedback. We are really pleased that you had such a good day and that you've caught the baking bug! Just love the title of your review!! With best wishes, Jane & Craig

Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

I treated myself to a bread making day here at Knead it. From the moment of arrival I was made to feel welcomed, with a never ending supply of tea, coffee, soft drinks, wine and cakes throughout the day prepare to be spoilt rotten. The baking itself was fun and insightful, having made focaccia, rolls, a white loaf, red loaf and buns I learnt plenty throughout the day. For lunch we made pizza which was delicious. To top the day off our buns came out the oven in time for one more coffee before heading home. I can’t recommend this experience enough prepare to be engaged. Thank you Knead it what a lovely warm welcoming place you run xx

JaneCraig2014, Owner at Knead It!, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2018

Thankyou for such great feedback! It was a lovely day with really friendly, fun, enthusiastic and eager learners. It's always good to have some experienced bakers in the group as we all learn from each other. Enjoy your baking adventures and we hope the family enjoy their baked goodies too!

Reviewed 22 May 2018

Given a baking course here as a Christmas gift. Went with a relative on Sunday. Such fun! Hosts are lovely, location is great, garden is beautiful, tuition is excellent. Yummy cakes at morning break time, made our own delicious pizza for lunch, served with wine too! My family really enjoying results of the days baking. I really should have taken along a much bigger box to bring home all the goodies I made.Thanks Craig and Jane!

JaneCraig2014, Owner at Knead It!, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2018

Many thanks - we are so pleased that you enjoyed your day baking with us. It was lovely to meet you and share our enthusiasm with such eager learners. Enjoy your baking!

See more reviews
Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

We booked on to a one-day baking course at Knead It - an artisan bakery tucked down a side road just outside Stratford-upon-Avon. What a super day we had! Jane and Craig, the bakers, were our hosts and made the day great fun - and we also learnt a lot. From kneading the dough to fashioning fancy rolls, from preparing (and eating) delicious pizzas (with a glass or two of wine supplied by our hosts), to also managing to eat some of their fantastic flapjacks and brownies, the course took the mystique out - and put the fun in - making bread and other yeast-based goodies. It was a cosy and intimate setting (there are just 6 on each course) in a fascinating old cottage cum bakery.

JaneCraig2014, Owner at Knead It!, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2018

Thankyou for such a lovely review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your day and had fun whilst learning and baking. Enjoy your doughy delights and keep practising your new skills!