“Amazing every time we have been!”

The Rose & Crown Inn
Price range: US$7 - US$21
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The friendliest and most welcoming country pub in Devon, serving home cooked food day
Devon, United Kingdom
“Amazing every time we have been!”
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

We are live a few miles from the Rose and Crown, and have never had such a nice welcome and fantastic food. Thank you Tim and your staff for making such a nice place to go. Will most definitely be going back as a local!

2 Thank cazzandmartyn

Exeter, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food and service.”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Excellent food and service. Much improved from previous experience. The smoked chicken and mushroom risotto was perfect and my partner loved the mixed grill. Something for everyone.
Great service too as we were advised of a large party arriving so were able to get our order in quickly and not wait.
Will definitely be returning.

• Visited August 2014
Providenciales
“What a spectacular setting!”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We had dinner here with the kids one evening, it could not have been more perfect: a huge garden with play furniture for the kids to play on, rolling, green Devon hills all around and fabulous lamb on the menu (from the farm over the road). Tim was a great host and so very relaxed about noisy children running around, inside the pub looked lovely too, but such a great evening, we spent the whole time outside.

• Visited July 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What a character that landlord is! (Foods great too) ”
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

My mum, her friend and I popped out for a little birthday lunch my mum being my mum though it would be a fab idea to wear her birthday cake hat and fake tattoo sleeves. On arrival the lovely landlord, Tim not only wished my mum a happy birthday but also questioned her "tattoos". This led on to the exposure of Tim's dr who tattoos and then onto a lovely conversation about cardiff (where I live now) and his love for dr who.
We had a lovely lunch and the chef catered for all my mums awkward requests with no problems( brown bread, no chips not a boring salad). Tim also gave us the bakery's name where he gets his bread as mum said it was "scrummy" and consequently we are planning a trip there tomorrow.
We ordered three coffees one a cappuccino to which Tim went hmm I think I can do that. I don't know how he did it but we had a lovely cappuccino with out the help of a coffee maker.

All in all, the food is amazing, there is a diverse menu, the landlord is a lovely chap and the value for money is amazing!

A real turn around from the old 1980's menu of duck in orange sauce!

1 Thank Toni G
Tiverton, United Kingdom
“Wonderful Lunch”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Was taken out for a Birthday lunch today by my daughter, Tim at the Rose and Crown could not have done more for us. I ordered a crayfish sandwich, which was absolutely delicous. I was given the choices of brown bread, white bread or gluten free plus the option of chips or salad. What a wonderful attentive host Tim is, without being interfering.

• Visited August 2014