“A pleasant surprise”

Ring O'Bells Public House
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Moorlinch
Price range: US$6 - US$21
Description: Traditional village inn serving home made traditional pub food specialising in home made pies, curries, etc. Real ales, fine wines, fresh bean to cup coffee. Extensive value for money menu. Families and dogs welcome.
Reviewed 27 February 2020

We went for a Sunday lunch and were very pleased - a lovely experience. The Sunday carvery is plated with meat and some vegetables and then a huge amount of vegetables were brought to our table. We were a table of 5 and unfortunately we had to leave some of the vegetables as there were so many.

We were naughty and had a pudding! We were all very pleased with the pud and I had a wonderful meringue.

We were looked after so well - friendly and efficient. We've told a number of friends about the Ring O'Bells and they've dined there. They have all been very pleased with their experience.

Date of visit: February 2020
1  Thank Jenny E
Trish1867, Owner at Ring O'Bells Public House, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2020

Thank you for your great review. Yes we are very popular and it is advisable to book particularly on Sundays. We hope you visit us again soon.

Write a reviewReviews (66)

Reviewed 22 December 2019 via mobile

Arranged to come here on Friday for my brothers 60th birthday treat. Not too local for us but being December and 24 of us it was difficult to find an available venue in Taunton. As it happens we had made an excellent choice. Not all of us had starters but they came out promptly. The main course soon followed and was delicious. Being a large group plus a pub with other dining guests, the service was fantastic. I would 100% recommend this place to anyone wanting good quality home cooked food. Thank you so much Trish and your team. We will definitely come back :-)

Date of visit: December 2019
1  Thank jayneb457
Trish1867, Manager at Ring O'Bells Public House, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2019

Thank you for your review and glad you all enjoyed your visit.

Reviewed 7 December 2019

My third visit to this venue in the last couple of months, and again, I and my friends were not disappointed. The food is very good quality and excellence value for money. The staff are all very friendly, and we will definitely be back as we intend to make this a regular meeting place having tried several others in the vicinity. This is definitely the 'one' for us. Thanks Ring O' Bells.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed 15 October 2019 via mobile

We were staying nearby and decided to eat at the Ring O'bells tonight. On arrival the barman was building up a lovely log fire, so cosy. It's a proper pub, with real ales and ciders very nice. It has a full menu along with a specials board. My daughter had the Cajun chicken she loved it, hubby had the Chicken in Stilton sauce, he said it was lovely. I had the beef stew and dumplings off the special board so tasty and the beef melt in your mouth. Both daughter and I had the treacle tart and custard. Yummy. And huge portion. Hubby had the lemon meringue ice cream cake and helped me finish mine? All in all a very enjoyable meal, at very reasonable prices. Very friendly staff.
One small thing the side of the pub towards the car park is very dark, although there is a light when you get to the car park. I am disabled and found it difficult to see the pot holes, luckily hubby had keyring torch and daughter used her phone to light my way . As I said small thing on an otherwise great evening.

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed 13 October 2019

Proper village pub serving a huge menu of value for money food and drink Ever changing real ales. very friendly welcome.5 stars

Date of visit: October 2019
Trish1867, Owner at Ring O'Bells Public House, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2019

Thank you very much we hope you visit us again soon.