“great place!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Las Cuevas
TENNESSEE
“great place!”
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

great place, great location, and las cuevas beach is much better that maracas! very clear water and the beach is relax. i just sugest have a diferent kind of breakfast, but i really recommend this hotel ;)

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Eilyn C
lascuevasbeachlodge, Owner at Las Cuevas Beach Lodge, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
We thank the guest for their kind comments and will continue to strive for perfection in the service provided

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 1 May 2014

The surroundings are fine - even though the music from the beach parking lot is very loud (and somewhat annoying at the hotel). But the hotel itself is not attractive:
firstly the receptionist insisted that I should pay an additional tax ... even though I had already paid it up front. It took a very long time before the hotel recognised that I should not pay the tax twice.
Secondly, perhaps it is OK that there is no shampoo in the room, but I did expect some kind of cleaning when you stay there more days. There was none at all, however.
Thirdly, I was surprised that the WiFi did not work in the room - and was even more surprised that the password was changed several times per day (literally). And I got somewhat annoyed when the owner said that he wanted to have the full band width so the guests were not allowed to use the WiFi.
Fourthly, the breakfast was pretty bland whilst part of the dinner was inedible (instead I went to the stand at the beach and had rather good food there).
Fifthly, the construction of the larger rooms is pretty bad ... since you can hear all (and I mean ALL) what is happening in the room next door. It was like being in the same room.

If the owner and his assistant had been welcoming, it could have made up for some of these negative aspects. But they were far from welcoming.

Somewhat east of Las Cuevas Beach Lodge I passed a sign for a guest house ("The View Guest House" - rosscorp@tstt.net.tt). I have not seen the place and have no idea what is is like. Still, if I were to return to Las Cuevas, I would try it out.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
8 Thank MPB-DK
unanan p, Owner at Las Cuevas Beach Lodge, responded to this review, 4 May 2014
Let me first say that this guest was upgraded from a Standard room costing USD 66.00 to a Premium room costing USD 125.00 at no cost to him. His complaint regarding the taxes is incorrect since the Booking.com confirmation clearly states the payment terms and conditions which lists a basic price plus taxes. Our website and all of the booking engines state that free wifi is available in public areas. Wifi for business purposes for extended periods is subject to charge and the customer was advised of this. Even so, he continued using the wifi for very long periods and we did not prevent him from so doing. His complaint that the wifi did not work in the room is not totally correct. We use another provider for paying customers who wish to utilize it in their rooms. We apologize for the fact that we do not provide free shampoo.
His complaints regarding construction of the Premium rooms are interesting since six inch concrete filled blocks form the dividing wall between rooms. This guest was very rude and unfriendly with our staff resorting to obscene language and it would appear that this stems from the tax and wifi issues which were caused by him not reading his reservation notification properly. His other complaint regarding the food is indeed strange since guests usually complain on the spot for unsuitable meals. In any case, our breakfast is based on the American plan which is ham or bacon, eggs, toast, coffee, tea, juice and fruit in season and on occasion a local menu. It is difficult to make such a breakfast bland.
We are truly sorry for the inconvenience he may have had, but we truly try our best since the customer is always right. Based on previous reviews we continue to strive for excellence in serving our guests

Travellers are raving about these Las Cuevas hotels

Norman, Indiana
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I would definitely stay here again. Great location with great food. Walk out of a morning and have a great breakfast over looking the ocean and the rain forest. The price was very reasonable as well. Ran in to a tour guide at the hotel that took us all over to some great secluded beaches and off the beating path.

• Stayed February 2014
5 Thank DustinOwens
Diego Martin, Trinidad
Reviewed 29 November 2013

So I visited again two years after my firts but it was not as gr8 as the first... firstly there was a new recetionist who mixed up my reservation date so i did not get the room i requested, and she insisted i gave her the wrong date...like if i dont know my anniversay date.

Also the a/c was not working properly, the room was HOT!!!

I was really disappointed ecpicially after my 1st visit!!!

my advice its a very prime area with a beautiful beach, more effort needs to be put into customer service...

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
11 Thank Sali_28
Chaguanas, Trinidad
Reviewed 23 October 2013

It is with a profound sense of gratitude that my wife and I wish to extend sincerest thanks to the management and staff of your institution and to Miss. Marissa and her mother, in particular, for the wonderful vacation we spent at your establishment.

During our lifetime, we have travelled both near and far, within the Caribbean, Tobago, Barbados, in South America, Venezuela, Margarita, North America, New York, Lake Wood, Brick Town, New Jersey, Toronto, Canada. In the Southern Pacific I have visited New Zealand and Hawaii. Most recently, my wife visited Rio de Janeiro in Brazil.

In all our travels, we can assure you that the services offered at Las Cuevas Beach Lodge is " Second to None." "The Home Away From Home" experience, the kind hospitality, is best exemplified at your institution with a feeling of camaraderie and caring for our safety and total well being. On behalf of my wife and I, Congratulations and Keep up the Good Work.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Felix M
Trinidad
Reviewed 7 August 2013

We booked weekend of the 25 July 2013, it was my husband's birthday. After making a long trip there we were greeted with a very musky smelling room, the linnen had seen better days. Being very tired after the long drive we agreed to stay. After spending time on the beach and having dinner at Maracas Bay we returned around 10pm and I had a shower of course the shower needed a clean curtain and it was also leaking. Coming out of the shower I saw something by the bath mat, upon closer inspection I realized it was a SCORPION !!!!!. Of course I started to panic, my husband killed it and called the owner Sanjay. His response was that we were in the middle of the rain forest and there were snakes and scorpions around. Needless to say I told my husband I am not staying there much less to sleep there. He called back Sanjay and told him we were leaving. he refused to give us a refund and told us we were canceling. I told him that the room was unacceptable it was not a cancellation. He still refused to refund us. We got out of there. I think that someone in authority needs to shut down that place.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
15 Thank Mary K
unanan p, Owner at Las Cuevas Beach Lodge, responded to this review, 4 May 2014
These guests checked in and stayed in the room before going out and then returned later that night. I was called about 10.00 pm saying that there was a scorpion in the room. I went down and saw a dead scorpion in the bathroom. I apologized to them and told them that we were located in a tropical rain forest and such occurrences were not unusual during the rainy season. I was then informed that the woman had some kind of phobia and they wanted a refund.
Eventually they left and a refund was later sent to them. We apologize for the incident but such events cannot be ruled out in the future because of the environment in which the lodge is located.
Diego Martin, Trinidad
Reviewed 19 July 2013

I stayed with my boyfriend we just wanted a weekend to ourselves and for the price it was well worth it. The staff was accomodating, the room were clean, beds linens were clean there was even a hair dryer in the bathroom, the bathroom is really spacious, the view is great. The staff really catered to our needs they made sure we were comfortable, they even asked us to join them at night on the terrace to hang out...will definietly visit again......for the price it was worth it..!!

Room Tip: Rooms with sea view