“Wedding booking”

The Mulberry Tree
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

My partner and i went to vist the mulberry tree for a drink and get a feel for the venue with the intention of having it for our wedding ceromony and reception. We then exchanged emails expressing our intent and arrange to go back re view it and talk things through. We arrived for the appointment at a date and time confirmed by the manager. However we were greated by surprised faces as they were closed to the public. They had no idea we were going. We got shown round anyway and we asked a few questions most wasnt able to be answered as she didnt know. So we came away disappointed not not knowing any more info then we did before. The tour was done quite reluctantly with very little enthusiasm or passion or even a smile. So i emailed when we returned home to express the disappointment that the lady (manager in charge) wasnt able to discus much as she didnt know. I then a few hours later received an email that obviously was not meant for me. It was infact an email from the lady we saw (manager of the day) to her mum (manger) about me and our visit. I cannot express how hurt and upset i was reading the email. How rude and unprofessional the way in which she spoke about us! For a potential wedding booking the customer service we have received first hand is awful disgusting and disrespectful. I have since received a phone call from the manager with an apology. But to be honest it was pointless it didnt sound or feel like she meant it. Ive not had an apology from the lady in question. We havent been asked to come back and try and make a mends to rectify the situation. In fact i was told no information gets sent out unless they know customers are serious or genuine. To actually arrange to go and talk to someone and re'view a venue, to me means they are intersted! So thanks anyway im glad we have been through this and not spend our money with you. We've had a lucky escape by the sounds of your other reviews based on bad customer service and your management team!

671  Thank Jade S
KarenW2299, Owner at The Mulberry Tree, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

I am absolutely mortified, horrified and completely embarrassed that you had sight of such an email. It is completely unprofessional and indefensible.

I did telephone you as soon as I found out what had happened to offer my profuse and sincere apologies and did apologise repeatedly to you.

You were adamant that you did not want to get married at The Mulberry Tree, completely understandably so after the email you were sent so I did not wish to insult you by attempting to make amends after such a catastrophic mistake on our part, especially when it is your wedding day involved.

Once again I offer my sincerest apologies to you.

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

Went for dinner with fiance. Food was delicious. Staff friendly. The venue was is a remote quiet country spot. I can't wait to visit in summer. Food really was delicious. The ham terrine was Devine and the orange prafiteroles...yum. The room we were sat in was small and cold.....that might be my only slight negative...but it is a cold winter to year. Will come back for sure.

5  Thank Leisha R
Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

You need to follow the satnav to find this place. It really is hidden in deepest Kent if you are not a local! The building is not immediately apparent as the venue either if you do not know what you are looking for.
Booked using a Travelzoo deal for a two course meal for two with a choice of either starter, main or dessert plus tea or coffee to follow.
The warm brie starter was very good. The coq au vin was very good. The creme brule was also good.

2  Thank Glynis98
Reviewed 15 March 2018

A 12.30pm booking on a damp Thursday obviously meant no atmosphere, but we were made welcome enough. Good wine, excellent Curious Brew beer and decent food from a set menu we paid with a TravelZoo voucher (£29 for 2 courses, 2 people). Fried Brie and chorizo croquettes were OK if unexciting, pork loin was excellent, but the fishcake was mostly potato and all the dishes were crying out for seasoning. And it really is silly to charge £1 extra for two tiny bits of bread. Enjoyed it, though.

7  Thank Steve R
Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

Lovely food, great service and brilliant value when using groupon voucher. Sides and extras were expected and good value. Look forward to trying a music evening here.