“Nice place”

and 1 more site!
Agohay Villa Forte
Ranked #7 of 36 Camiguin B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Very beautiful garden, very small but still nice pool, and the beach outside is fine for swim.
I stayed in the Island cottage, also fine. Only the pillows I didnt like. Tv too small to watch lying in bed.
Breakfast ok but had a afternoon snack and no , not delicious.

All in all, much Better than most other resorts i had a look at.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Carl F

Reviewed 14 June 2014

did not enjoy our stay at Agohay. there was no electricity the whole day, and it was hot in the room without air conditioning. we had planned to rest for a couple of hours before going on a tour of camiquin, but my kids were simply enervated by the heat, and they started their tour around 5 pm already.

we ordered room service for lunch, which they set up outside the villa. it was breezy there, the food was okay, but portions for the meat and the shrimps were meager, food is not value for money compared to the other place we had dinner and breakfast at which was heaping and sumptous and less than Agohay prices.

we were not able to enjoy the pool. when we arrived at 9;00 pm, the lights were out at the pool area and at the restaurant. (they close at 8 pm.) the next morning, we met the owner on our way to white beach and he said he had just chlorinated the pool so swimming would be out of the question for a few hours.

we were able to use wifi for 2 hours, there was no more signal at 11:00 pm.

the villa we had was very spacious, very clean. towels and toiletries were provided. pressure from the shower was laughable.

positives:
the driver they sent to pick us up and bring us back to the port was very friendly and helpful.
the resort is just 6 minutes boat ride to camiguin's famous white beach.
beautiful setting, well tended gardens.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank angeladelmar
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

the place was really great. the staff were really friendly and accomodating. the place was really peaceful. the place was also well maintained and it was very clean. the breakfast was also good. if you want a place thats not that too commercialized or crowded yet clean and worth every cent, this would be the perfect place to stay. by the way, the outdoor shower was nice surprise to the room. two thumbs up to you guys.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank francis g
Reviewed 1 May 2014

After a very good experience in Agohay, I know making this review is the least I can do :)

Initially it was not actually my first choice of hotel, but since they were the fastest to reply on my queries online, I decided to stay with them. I made a good decision indeed.

They were very flexible in my bookings. I had a total overhaul of my bookings with them and they were very accommodating with my changes. They were very kind to offer me their best room with the price I already paid to accommodate my changes. However, since I didn't like to change rooms again, I chose to stay in the ocean cottage which is much cheaper compared to my original booking and they were very nice to refund me my money with no questions asked. (Other hotels will charge you of rebooking etc. etc. and literally usually gives you a hard time before returning your money )

I didn't really stayed much in the hotel because we were all over camiguin during the day. But the room was definitely very clean and the CR is very spacious...

Location-wise, they were very near good restaurants in Camiguin which is important for me.

This place is definitely a good choice in Camiguin. You will get more than you paid for :)

One thing that needs improvement though, which I also read somewhere here in trip advisor about agohay is that they need more lightings during the night.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cha_pong
Reviewed 10 March 2014

This place is perfect especially for couples or families wanting a quiet getaway. Its close proximity to the sea, its friendly staff and its location are the foremost reasons we enjoyed ourselves. We spent 11 nights there and we felt very happy throughout. The owners, Flor and Matt are very helpful - for instance, we requested a mosquito net and it was provided ahead of our arrival. There is a swimming pool and a tennis court under construction and they are looking for a chef - so things will get even better in the future. A small minus point for the food - some of the prices on the menu are excluding tax (there's no mention of that anywhere) and the food generally isn't quite as good as the neighbouring restaurants'. But all in all, we can truly recommend this place to those who enjoy a quiet holiday by the beach. There are several very good restaurants within walking distance. The outdoor shower at the back of the cottage is covered by netting and we found it a very nice addition to our holiday to be able to take a shower under the stars... but it might not be something everyone appreciates. All in all, a very memorable holiday was had and the attentive staff truly made us feel welcome.

Room Tip: The Superior Cottage where we stayed is the closest to the road but the furthest from the sea. The O...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stefan E
Matthew F, Owner at Agohay Villa Forte, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Thank you for your nice review, Stefan. Your wife and you were great guests and we are happy that you were able to stay with us.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

We spent one night in Agohay. Ms. Flor, the owner, is very accommodating. She responds to all my queries, even called my mobile a couple of times so she can explain clearly. She arranged for us a multicab to pick us up from the port and tour us around. Major plus factor.
ROOM:
Very very spacious. Ms. Flor booked us in the family room - 4 single beds and one double bed. Towels smelled good and fresh. The room and bathroom are clean. Aircon was quite weak though. I hope they will fix it before the peak of the summer.
STAFF:
All nice and helpful.
FOOD:
Good but pricey for budget travellers like us.
FACILITIES:
Pool is still under construction. They have their own boat which brought us to the white island (additional cost).
ADDTL NOTE: My friend left some of her clothes in the room. I texted Ms. Flor if she can send them thru courier and my friend will just cover the cost. Ms. Flor agreed. Customer service at its best.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Biemgee

Hi, Bena. Thanks for the great review! We enjoyed having your group stay with us.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

They send an old jeepney for my pick up to Benoni.Not what I expected for 450 P . The Nice garden,quit and direct at the beach.Ocean Cottage was suitable but the bathroom was highly infected by termites .I found every morning my bathroom items covered with wood flour.A towel was provided on request. The way to the resort is not proper lightened in the night and don't expect any extra service.They refused to book the Oceanjet which other resorts easily can do.I went to Paraiso in Mambajao to do it.The food was also nothing to write home. The tenderloin with champignons was over salted,the squid came accidently with some plastic inside which may have covered him before,the chicken curry was nearly without any sauce.During heavy rain water dropped on my bed,but kindly they shifted me to another room.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo