“Wonderful time”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Shar0nbea...
Essex, United Kingdom
“Wonderful time”
Reviewed 31 May 2018 for a stay in May 2018

I booked the cottage with my friend, who has booked this cottage a couple of times before, so booking was on her recommendation. It didn’t disappoint, we brought our bikes with us and using the cottage as a base, spent the two days cycling around the area, which was absolutely fabulous.
The cottage itself, was clean and well maintained, quite a quirky little place, but plenty big enough for our needs
We had an amazing time and are going to book for another couple of days in August if it is available.

janewhite...
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Delightful, cosy, tranquil well located and fitted out cottage”
Reviewed 1 May 2018 for a stay in April 2018

Number three Red Lion cottages, Martlesham is well placed just outside Woodbridge and we had an excellent meal at the Red Lion! Lots to do in Woodbridge and the surrounding countryside. The cottage is really delightful and well fitted out for our stay. Truly a home from home. But beware, if not too good on the old pins, the stairs are really steep and not too many handrails on the way up! Beds comfy – even the sofa bed, but wood surround of the upstairs one did give my son lots of bruises on his legs as it was further out than the mattress!
The parking too was quite awkward and tight. We just managed with our little Jazz but would not have wanted to do it with anything any larger. Turning space is limited/difficult and the terrain rough to get onto the actual parking bay. Notice outside implied that an extension to the building is planned into the lovely courtyard garden. Personally I hope that I have misinterpreted this as I feel that the cottage and garden are lovely just as they are and if we have the need to stay in the area again I would not hesitate to try and book this cottage again.

Your age range 50-64
Reviewed 16 April 2018 for a stay in April 2018

GlenWB
“Perfect for a relaxing break on a budget”
Reviewed 10 February 2018 for a stay in January 2018

Me, my girlfriend and our 2 dogs stayed here for a long weekend (3 nights) in Jan 18, and we absolutely loved it.

The pictures really dont do the place justice - the kitchen is really spacious and well equipped (we ate home cooked dinners in twice and breakfast every day), bathroom is well laid out given the size (ie didnt feel too cramped), comfortable and roomy lounge with comfy sofa and good sized TV, and the bedroom was lovely and spacioius with loads of storage.

There's a well stocked log keep in the garden so we had access to enough logs and kindling for the 3 nights we stayed (we used the log burner every night), there was lots of essentials left in the kitchen to tide us over before going to the supermarket (a 15 minute walk/5 min drive away), it was really well located for us to go on local dog walks, 30 minutes or so drive to some of the coastal villages, and the pub opposite the cottage was really nice too.

Although the road outside is by no means a majorly busy or congested road, for me as a light sleeper I did get woken up by the odd early morning driver (but I will stress I AM A LIGHT SLEEPER). To be honest I accept this as reflected in the price, because in my opinion the cottage itself is worth way more than we paid (£55 a night!).

All in all this was perfect for a cosy, relaxing break on a budget - we absolutely loved it! Thank you.

PS - the people writing previous reviews about the size of the parking space must be rubbish at parking or drive a hummer - seemed like a perfectly decent sized parking space to me.

Joanna H
“Nice break away”
Reviewed 13 December 2017 for a stay in December 2017

We had a nice time at the cottage. It’s well located and has everything you need for a short stay.
We had a problem with a broken knob on the oven which made it tricky to use so instead cooked food in the microwave.

The stairs are super steep and wouldn’t be suitable for children or people with mobility issues.

We didn’t visit the pub opposite but it looked nice and was well reviewed.

Would recommend a day out to Woodbridge which is a lovely little town.

Many thanks

Reviewed 29 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017

Karen N
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Quaint quiet cottage”
Reviewed 27 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017

Lovely place to stay near to Woodbridge and Ipswich Ideal for two Well fitted out cosy cottage although the steep stairs were bit daunting at first as I am partially sighted! My Guide dog managed them quicker than me and worth climb to airy roomy bedroom. Plenty in area to visit, Sutton Hoo, Leiston Long Shop Museum, Franmlingham Castle, Helmingham Gardens were our choice but lots more we could have done
Local pub we visited on last night was good value and no washing up!
Would return again

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing