Surf Inn Hermosa
Terraza del Pacifico(Playa Hermosa)
US$87
Hotel Fuego del Sol(Playa Hermosa)
US$90
  • Breakfast included
Backyard Hotel(Playa Hermosa)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$108
Hotels.com
Marea Brava(Playa Hermosa)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$70
Agoda.com
US$93
US$91
Hotel Club del Mar(Jaco)(Great Value!)
US$162
US$118
Jaco Laguna Resort & Beach Club(Jaco)(Great Value!)
US$111
Orbitz.com
South Beach Hotel(Jaco)(Great Value!)
US$119
Hotel Perico Azul(Jaco)(Great Value!)
US$68
All reviewspura vidasolo tripcosta ricaawesome placeocean ranch parkhuge sliding glass doorsyoga classesfeel right at homewithin walking distanceother hotelsbeach frontfull kitchenbars and restaurantscab ridevia emailthe perfect spothome away from home
Reviewed 25 January 2013

I stayed at the Surf Inn Hermosa for 3 weeks. This is the deal.

A) If you are surfer and want your best chance for waves during your stay in front ouf your accommodations this is the spot hands down.

B) If you are not a surfer and simply looking to get away with with beautiful accommodations at competitive pricing look no further. I really felt like it was my home here. That never happens when I travel.

C) The hotel does offer all inclusive packages which i did not utilize but heard form other where amazing! ( I wish I had) Trust me if you only have a week in Costa Rica and do not want to spend a month researching where to do what and who has good food or prices I suggest you contact Christina the owner/operator. She will save you time, money, and do it with a smile. She was extremely prompt when replying to any of my request.

D) If you are parents and are sponsoring a trip for your kids. Out of all the places in Hermosa/ Jaco I definetley would feel the safest and at ease if a loved one was staying here. The owner is an american expat who treated me with motherly instincts immediately lol. I mean seriously she was really instrumental in guiding me on making decisions that come with longer term stays in a foreign country.

E) You can tell alot about the management of a place by the attitude of their employees. Everyone that worked on site from security to cleaning services greeted me with the most warm and inviting smiles and extreme helpfulness.

I am so happy I used The surf inn as my homebase while i figured out the rest of my travel plans in Costa Rica.

FYI

This is the only review I have ever written online about any place I have visited. I utilize reviews all the time when making decisions just never was inspired until now to write one.

Room Tip: I stayed in both the 2 bedroom and the single. The bottom floor two bedroom is amazing! The views are incredible.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Isaac L
surfinnhermosa, Manager at Surf Inn Hermosa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review - we really appreciate it and hope to see you when you come back. PURA VIDA

Reviewed 18 November 2012

My girlfriend and I had a wonderful five-night stay at Surf Inn Hermosa. Upon arriving, we were met by the wonderful Marysol who got us settled in then introduced us to Christina, the friendly innkeeper. Christina was fabulous and sat down with the two of us in their lovely top-floor outdoor dining/party area to help us plan out our stay. Christina was full of recommendations and greatly assisted us by calling tour operators, etc, to check availability and book tours. We wound up doing the standard variety of activities, including an ATV tour, ziplining, horseback riding, and of course, surf lessons. (I'm not a surfer but I gather the waves at Playa Hermosa are for the intermediate and above surfer so Christina sent us to Jaco Beach for our beginner lessons, which were a blast!)

Surf Inn is situated directly on Playa Hermosa and thus has a wonderful view of the beach. The building is itself is modern and well-maintained. The rooms were clean and contained everything we needed for a comfortable stay. If you want to eat in but don't feel like cooking, they offer reasonably priced meals that need to be scheduled in advance. They have a small pool perfect for cooling off and a beachfront lounge area with beach chairs atop golf course-quality grass. We didn't have a vehicle for our stay but they do have a small parking lot with a night-time guard to watch your vehicle. While Hermosa is fairly small and "tranquilo," there are a number of quality restaurants and a small corner store within walking distance. Downtown Jaco is just a short $6-10 USD cab ride away.

While we are not the hardcore surfers Surf Inn Hermosa clearly caters to, we still found it to be a great place to stay. If you seek a comfortable, reasonably priced stay with a "tranquilo" vibe, Surf Inn Hermosa is your place!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TheTravelGavel

We really appreciate your feedback and taking the time to write us a review. We hope to see you on your return trip to Costa Rica. PURA VIDA

Reviewed 6 September 2012

If you're looking for a laid back "tranquil" vacation spot this is it. Christina was great to deal w/ setting up the trip for us who had never been to Costa and didn't know the ropes yet....The primary purpose of our trip was so my boyfriend could surf, but he agreed to a few short excursions which Christina easily set up for us. We stayed in a studio which was perfect for the 2 of us, but we look forward to going back again with another couple and getting a 2 bedroom just for the views/decks (studios dont have a deck area). Regardless, you can always go sit down in the yard right on the beach. Overall, we look forward to returning and will definitely stay at Surf Inn again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank hlw125

Thank you for taking the time to review Surf Inn --we really appreciate your comments and we look forward to hosting you again. PURA VIDA

Reviewed 29 August 2012

Had a really great time at Surf Inn Hermosa! Nice and clean rooms, super friendly staff! The surf guide did a really good job, we catched a lot of nice waves. You get everything you need for a perfect surfing holiday!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Karla A
Reviewed 5 July 2012

We have been going to Costa Rica for the last 5 years and the time spent here was absolutely the best. Imagine waking up to a misty sunrise casting great light on the waves in your backyard. Flocks of Scarlet Macaws flying overhead daily their loud squacks herilding their presence. Great landscqaping,inhanced 24 hour security a clean swimming pool are just some of the amenities at this Inn. Christina and Mike will make you feel welcome and offer advice as to the best of several side trips in the area. If you plan a trip in this neck of the woods this Inn is a must!

Room Tip: All rooms are great, clean spacious and quiet
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family