“low key break”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Leysdown-on-Sea
Harts Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK
Reviewed 5 August 2014

stayed at harts caravan park a few weeks ago,booked last minute so got a really good deal.
CARAVAN :quite impressed with the caravan didnt expect much being a bronze caravan and also brought our dog so thought would be very basic,but it was of a reasonable quality and very clean had everything we needed.
PARK :small camp compared to other camps,location your right in there next to amusements shops and even a pub not a big resort but enough for a low key quiet break,camp was very clean and modern to the back of the camp you can see some older buildings etc but it does look like the place is being done up,you have entertainment ,food ,bar, all under one roof,didnt use the entertainment but whilst we were having dinner we could see the entertainment the music did seem loud at times seem to cater for the young children and have bingo link up with other camps money seemed good but didnt play,but thats what we see in the time we were there,did notice a arcade in there also,didnt see the pool or other things so cant comment on them,cant believe how many little rabbits are about on camp that was nice to see dont come across that every day.the staff in the bar food place etc are all very nice nothink is to much trouble there all very polite and like to make sure everythink is ok.
FOOD :we booked half board which was well worth the price,breakfast is nice even do it later time upto 11 o clock which is good.dinner was average and above average depending what meal you ordered some meals better than others recommend the currys.
PETS :if you take your dog etc there well catered for, it seems alot of people go here with there dog they have a field were you can take your dog and outside the camp there is a park to the right of the camp and a beach there allowed on so plenty places to take them even have a pet shop so if you need anythink got it there and other shops cater for it also.
OVERALL :If your looking for a quiet low key break this place is ideal id recommend it,if you want alot of attractions and things to do on your door step i wouldnt say this is the place for you.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank donna w
ParkHolidaysUK, General Manager at Harts Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a detailed review.I am happy that you found your holiday value for money and enjoyed your stay and the facilities offered.We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

I've been to a few holiday parks around England and this is probably the worst thus far, the rainy weather did dull out the experience but even so, there was not a great deal of things to do, the parks entertainment hall, swimming pool and fun area was allot smaller than allot I've seen and even my son found it to be boring. The caravan we stayed in was O.K there were a few decor defects but that was about it. I think the best thing about being at harts was the closeness to the beach and the arcades but still not enough to entertain us for 7 days.
Despite all, the staff were accommodating and lovely. I just wouldn't recommend this park myself.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank zhuxiong

thank you for your review.I am glad that you found your holiday here pleasant and an ideal base.We hope to see you and your family here again in the future.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Properly clean the caravan was. The kitchen equipment and refrigeration came in handy in the evenings. The bedding was clean and starched. The caravan only had thin walls, so the neighbors are not separated by enough. Apart from that provided a welcome retreat. It could be free wi-fi.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
ParkHolidaysUK, General Manager at Harts Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

I am happy that you found Harts great as a base and that the accomdation of a good standard.Thank you for finding the time to post your comments.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

After reading all of the bad reviews I'm Somewhat confused?! I stayed at Harts last weekend with some friends and have nothing but praise!
It was carnival weekend so admittedly it was very busy but the Bar Staff were amazing & very efficient! I waited no longer than a couple of minutes for a drink & was always welcomed with a friendly smile!
The entertainment in the club house is pukka and even tho I don't have children the kids there seemed to be thoroughly enjoying themselves!
As for previous comments about the guests being 'chavvy' I saw nothing of the kind & found everyone very welcoming and friendly!
I cannot praise this park enough & I can't wait until my next visit I have told all my friends about it & I'm sure we will all be back as soon as possible!
I loved harts so much so I'm thinking of buying a van on site :)
Well done to all staff & management keep up the good work & I will see you all soon xx

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank J_Wilk85

Thank you for your review regarding your stay here at Harts.Its always a pleasure to see a review such as yours.I will as always pass your comments to the team.Again Thank You and we do hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

What a fantastic break.
We visit harts a lot and wouldn't want to go anywhere else. All the staff are fantastic. The club is clean modern and friendly. Would defo recommend. Ignore bad reviews and see for yourself . Looking forward to coming back for the wrestling next week x

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Max L

Its always a pleasure to recieve such positive reviews,thank you for taking the time to post this.We look forward to seeing you again at the wrestling.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

I will cover the good points at the end which unfortunately were out weighed by the bad points. We booked the last available accommodation, a Silver 3 Bedroom Sleep 8 Caravan, 3 days before the start of a week long break at Harts. Start date was 14-07-14
On arrival we were able to check in on time at 4pm although the maintenance man was replacing the 2 broken toilet seats as we got to the van C30. First impressions were good, it was only as we looked deeper did we find its many shortcomings. The double bed had a mattress that was not wide enough by a good 4 inches for the base, which made the bed impossible for two people, of average size, to sleep on comfortably. Thankfully one of us had 4 other beds to choose from!!
As an ex hotel manager I am fully aware of what can be classed as acceptable standards reference cleanliness & health & safety issues. I found the following:-
1. Torn carpet. (H&S)
2. Well worn seating on the many seating areas in the living area.
3. Black Mildew on the reverse of one of the cushions.
4. Mildew around the window frame above the cushion mentioned in point 3.
5. Rust around the interior of the microwave, which makes it highly dangerous. (H&S)
6. The microwave is positioned on a shelf at or above head height which slides when one tries to open the door which has to pulled & not released by a push button. (H&S)
7. Incorrect revolving plate in microwave which means it just slides all over the place. (H&S)
8. Rust around cooker door hinges.
9. Rust around grill door hinges.
10. Massive cobwebs on front window.
11. TV stand was VERY dusty & hadn't been cleaned in weeks!!
12. TV, although small, was very wobbly on its stand.
13. Restaurant in the bar area could do with staying open throughout the day.
14. Breakfast in comparison to ones we have had at other Park Resorts was poor.
15. Could do with a FREE ATM on site, this will encourage your guests to spend more on money site.

The good points: -
1. Nice quiet area, even when we had a 30th birthday party move in next door.
2. Site was clean & tidy.
3. On site bar prices were generally good.
4. Off site food, drinks & general prices were good.
5. The entertainment staff, Sue & Christina worked very hard with limited facilities.
6. The bar staff & those running the reception were always helpful & friendly.
7. Julie was the business in the pool area. Nothing was too much trouble even though my wife required help in & out of the pool. Give the girl a pay rise or a very large bonus.

All in all the holiday just about made average scoring 5/10.

It is no good Donna putting the standard reply that if we had informed the Reception they could have dealt with it. These issues should NOT be there in the first place.
The majority of them are long term issues such as deep cleaning & replacement of dangerous equipment.
The dust on the TV base just proved the point that there is no check made after the cleaners have supposedly finished, and if there is a check done then they need to get someone who is not blind to do the check!!

Do I feel we paid more than the holiday was worth? Yes.
Will I be writing to the head office & sending photographs to back up my statements? Yes
Would we return to Harts to stay? Unfortunately No.

I must apologise to the staff at Harts for these comments but you are being let down by your senior management & maybe it requires someone to tell it how it actually is.

Room Tip: If you still feel that you must go to Harts, before accepting your accommodation I suggest that you...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Steve M

Thank you very much for your detailed review,although not very positive still very helpful.I have today emailed you,and i hope you find my answers acceptable.Once again Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

The accommodation and site were good and the the staff were welcoming.

Our enjoyment was spoilt however by the building noise coming from a bakery behind our caravan and the electric fan noise running all night from an adjacent building. There were lorries ( vans and a skip/ grabber truck) coming and going early morning and a powerful drill/ saw with an ear screeching noise at 7.15am on Thursday 24th July (this may have been a one off event). I would not recommend guests had a caravan at the front of the site near the wall.

The entertainment was good for the children but none for the adults on our midweek break. We would have stayed in venue longer in evening if there was.

The food was good in leisure complex but slow in coming. We waited a hour for our evening meal on the Monday night and it did not seem particularly busy. The best resturant we found was a hotel/gym/pub in Eastchurch.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank David F

Im really sorry that the noise caused you a problem during your stay.As i remember i spoke to you regarding the noise as you checked out.I agreed that the noise was totally unexeptable and i did speak to the managers from the local bakery who assured me that it would not happen again so early,and to pass on their apologies.I do hope that this did not spoil your stay too much.
having spoken to the catering team,thay have admitted that they did have problems on the night you mentioned,normally the food does not take this long,but they had staff issues,my apologies for the wait.I do hope that you will visit us again in the future,and hopefully have a totally different experience.Once again,thank you.

Donna Hough

Been to Harts Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK? Share your experiences!