See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 January 2018 via mobile

I went on a 6 night ‘Learn to Ride’ holiday from 30th May 2017 to 5th June 2017, and paid £800 each plus the optional £100 each for 5 evening meals.
My friend’s foster daughter came with me, and we stayed in the twin room on site known as ‘The Hayloft’
The photographs show the poor and unclean state of the accommodation, the lessons were of poor quality, and we were both left feeling absolutely deflated by Nikki’s (the owner and teacher) negative methods of teaching. The carpet was threadbare, the rug thin and dirty, a filthy dirty commode in the room with a plastic butterfly inside, and a filthy kettle which was not fit to use. Garden overgrown and a green slimy pond to look at.
The itinerary we were given was not followed, and videos of us riding were posted on her website without our permission, which is dreadful when I had a foster child with me, and this could have compromised her safety.
I have contacted Nikki by letter for a part refund, because the course was not what we paid for and the accommodation filthy, but have never received a reply.
Also, I have asked for a copy of the Public Liability certificate, and for Nikki’s qualifications as a riding teacher, but have been ignored.
A truly ghastly experience and one I would not wish on anybody else.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 May 2016

Stayed for a 3 night riding break with 2 friends and we can not praise this place enough. Hospitality, food, horses, scenery all amazing. The beds were really comfortable and rooms well equipt. Nikki and Oz were extremely helpful, nothing was too much trouble. Lots of things to do besides ride horses. There is a lake for fishing, tracks for cycling, a gold mine down the road for panning and a beautiful garden with amazing views for drinking wine whilst the peacock displays his wares. A rustic retreat we are returning to next year. Can't wait.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank Madsexyminx
Reviewed 11 October 2015

Felt initially very pleased at hospitality, food and welcome but realised today that we were over charged by £10 so this has spoilt what was up until that point a very positive experience. Food was fab and felt it was a haven so feel quite let down.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple