Salt Spring Inn
US$359
Travelocity
US$159
Priceline
Seabreeze Inne(Salt Spring Island)
US$128
US$155
US$150
Travelocity
Thunderbird Motor Inn(Duncan)(Great Value!)
US$78
Falcon Nest Motel(Duncan)(Great Value!)
US$59
US$135
US$122
US$99
US$96
US$79
US$76
TripAdvisor
All reviewsrestaurant downstairsrooms are smallstreet parkingdefinitely stay here againsalt springshared bathroomcozy roomsummer tourist seasonstayed here for one nightprivate washroomvery nice stayfree coffee and teadeluxe queen roommiddle of towndown stairsboutique hotellocals and visitors
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I like this little inn. It is in the perfect central location to go anywhere on the island, smack dab in the middle and right in Ganges. A friend and I stayed only one night, and yes the rooms are small and you share a bathroom but it is hardly an inconvenience, very clean and comfortable and you spend most of your time exploring anyhow! The staff was very pleasant and friendly and the food at the restaurant for breakfast was quite good! Also, beds are very comfy.

Only complaint is that if you are a light sleeper you may consider a different location as this is on a main road and the traffic is very loud! The room gets quite warm with the window shut and if you open it it's like you're in the middle of the road. That being said, if you are dog-tired from exploring all day like I was, you won't notice the noise until the morning when you're awake!

Room Tip: If you are picky about the bathrooms, pay a little extra for the private suites.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Jeremy M, Owner at Salt Spring Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Hello and Thank You!
We really appreciate your feedback and suggestions. We are planning to add acoustic curtains in our front rooms to soften the traffic noise.
Please visit Salt Spring Island and our Inn again. Cheers, Jeremy

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Loved this charming hotel. I had one of the rooms which did not have a private bathroom, so had to use shared bathroom facilities, but the shared facilities were lovely and it was not a problem. My room was small but very efficient and had everything I could want, including a sink/mirror, hair dryer, great lighting, TV, comfy bed...all very recently updated, so everything is modern, attractive and impeccably clean. Management and staff were friendly, gracious and efficient. Restaurant has wonderful food including gluten-free options. Nice deck off the restaurant with beautiful view of harbour across the street. I sat on the deck in a comfy chair with a book and a glass of wine, until 10 pm - bliss! Great location surrounded by unique shops. My only concerns: with the window open traffic noise was quite loud, but it didn't stop me from getting a great night's sleep. The weather during my stay was moderate so I was very comfortable during the night, but it was quite warm in the late afternoon and I got the impression that in the summer it could be hot, and there is no air conditioning in the room (apparently that's standard for most hotels in this area). There was a small fan, though, and that may be sufficient because the window is large and cool air comes from the harbour. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Nancy S
Jeremy M, Owner at Salt Spring Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2014

Thank you Nancy, we really appreciate your taking time to write such an extensive review.
We certainly like to be appreciated and hope to see you on your next visit to our great island.
Kind regards, Jeremy Rita says "hi", too!

Reviewed 30 March 2014

I spent four very enjoyable days at the Salt Spring Inn This charming little hotel has a lot going for it.....comfy beds, fluffy towels (major hotel chains take note!), an atmospheric restaurant with well-cooked food and friendly staff, a fab. location by the harbour and seaplane dock, a congenial host, Jeremy, and last but not least...there's Rita, the hotel cat! As a cat lover. I really enjoyed her company. I'll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank David S
Jeremy M, Owner at Salt Spring Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Hello, and thank you for letting us know how you enjoyed your stay with us. Rita gets another "Temptation" for her part, too!
We hope that you will visit us again, especially in Summer, you'll love it even more!
Jeremy and Rita

Reviewed 30 March 2014

Quite a cozy room. Really nice and helpful staff. The restaurant and bar had excellent food and service. Great vibe!

We took one of the deluxe rooms. That fireplace heated up the room almost instantly.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

A big "Thank You", for your taking time to pass on your ever so positive thoughts. I will ensure that our staff knows the value of their dedication.
We hope to see you on our beautiful island again, please do visit us at Salt Spring Inn.
Kind regards, Jeremy

Reviewed 16 March 2014

My friend and I recently stayed at the Salt Spring Inn in Ganges. It was a fabulous and comfortable get-away! We were welcomed by our friendly host (Jeremy) who directed us to our well appointed rooms on the second floor. Our rooms were recently renovated, very well-kept, had very comfortable beds and bedding, a cozy gas fireplace and very up-to-date clean bathrooms.
We enjoyed the meal conveniently within the inn. The hospitality was genuine and welcoming. We have decided this is the first of our annual visits to Ganges and the well-located Salt Spring Inn!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Jeremy M, Owner at Salt Spring Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Hello and Thank you! It is always great to hear back from a happy guest and even more when you want to visit again. I will pass on your words to staff as they appreciate being appreciated!
We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to salt Spring Island. Regards, Jeremy