Hastings House Country House Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Seabreeze Inne(Salt Spring Island)
View Hotel
All reviewsafternoon teadining roomfine diningwarm muffinshillside suitesconeseach morningsalt spring islandfresh flowersattention to detailthe barnquiet retreatoff seasonseparate bedroomevery staff memberenglish breakfastrelais and chateaux
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Hasting House staff showed their true colour by being amazingly helpful at every turn. From check in(Thanks Drew) to dinner service (thanks Robert) and then the spa treatment.....this resort shone above any other we have vacationed at....What an amazing time we had......The combination of staff and amenities made our daughter's wedding truly a memorable occasion. I can't wait to spend another weekend in front of the fireplace

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 April 2014

What a beautiful place set on 22 acres which was bursting with spring colour. Various lodging options throughout the grounds but we were in Manor West in the main house. Has two bedrooms so great for friends travelling together. A fire in the room which we eventually go to light on our third night (wood was probably a bit green). Breakfast muffins outside the door, fabulous cooked breakfast looking over the grounds and the harbour, afternoon tea everyday in the lounge with a great open fire. Our package included a picnic lunch one day. We also dined in the restaurant one night - our menu had our name printed on it! The little touches of turn down service with chocolates, curtains drawn and lamps lit, the do not disturb sign is a stuffed dog and you turn it around to the cat when you want "the mice" to come in and see to your room. This is certainly one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in - staff were very helpful and provided a very high standard of service. All in all a wonderful experience.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 April 2014

I just want to say a tidbit of the glorious elegance that was bestowed upon us. Please do experience this property at your leisure. The linens are fresh and lovingly laid out for turn down. My bathroom was sparkling clean. Pillows are fluffy and the fireplace made my little world a bit better. The landscape was my favourite. I also loved the lovely China and linens at Tea. I would say that is the best Jam I've ever had; but I'm trying to make jam as good as that resort (Note: it won't happen! Their jam was amazing.
Best food. Lovely service, amazing landscaping. Very lovely touches.

I do believe in Blueberry Muffins,

Room Tip: I slept in the Hayloft Room. I slept great. Don't think it is not a great room. It was lovely. The resort manager brings you warm muffins to your room each morning; but you don't have to wake up. They just put a nice bag outside your door. It smells lovely and is a nice way to begin the day.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FoodieGal
Reviewed 31 March 2014

It isn't often one finds the perfect holiday destination but we did at Hastings House on Saltspring Island. From the welcome greeting, our dining experiences with wonderful meals and extremely comfortable beds in our cozy West Manor suite overlooking the harbour and the beginning of Spring in the garden, it was a perfect weekend. The staff are outstanding. Friendly, attentive and helpful, creating a relaxing atmosphere. Every need was anticipated and accommodated. Our weekend trip was intended as a treat for my daughters - Hastings House made it just that!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank GSheehan2014
Reviewed 24 March 2014

My husband surprised me with a romantic night at this beautiful place. We have been coming to Saltspring for over 20 years to stay at our family's cottage. So I thought that was where we were headed. To my surprise and delight we ended up here. Stayed at Post Cottage, very charming, super comfortable bed and lovely view of harbour. The soaker tub was divine! Afternoon tea was delicious and cozy with the roaring fire. Dinner was a three course event, which was 5 star and the service was exceptional. Kelly and CherryAnn and team were helpful, accommodating, and willing to go the distance on any request. Everyone is very well trained and the atmosphere is relaxed, never pretentious. The grounds are very well maintained and the whole experience was wonderful. I was sad to leave and would recommend this "little slice of paradise" to everyone.
Thanks to all for our Happy Anniversary.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple