Allamanda(Bain Boeuf)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
Casa Florida Hotel(Pereybere)(Great Value!)
US$71
Ocean Beauty(Pereybere)
US$152
US$117
  • Breakfast included
US$156
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewscoin de mirejean pierrebar stafftaba jcatamaran tripstar hotelglass bottom boathalf boardacross the roadbig thankswarm welcomeevening entertainmentspecial thankskids clubthank you so muchbeautiful hotelspent days
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Overall this resort was disappointing on many levels.

The staff are very friendly and helpful should you need anything,anytime.

However it is situated further away from the main attractions and you have to travel 30-60 mins to get to those places. The only options available are hotel-contracted taxis which have killer prices, unless you venture on your own and take a public bus.
The so-called free activities organised by the hotel are free for a reason: no sane person would pay for these activities.

The food options are very limited with little to no vegetarian options. Their breakfast options are below standard, with many meals not something that you would want to have for breakfast (e.g. fish curry).Their dinner buffet is worse, with meals that don't complement each other and very weirdly arranged. You end up circling the entire area only to find the good stuff at the end when you are done plating. Also their desserts are suitable for diabetics as they seem to lack any sugar content. We also noticed that some desserts appeared to be the day before's leftovers with a new topping. Not sure if this really was the case but in any event it still left a bad taste in my mouth.

Overall, very disappointed with the resort activities and meals. I would rather opt for only accom and purchase meals outside of the resort.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Reinald N
H0tels_Management, General Manager at Coin de Mire Attitude, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Reinald,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience following your stay at Coin de mire Attitude.

While I note with relief that you have appreciated the hospitality of our Family Members, I regret that you did not leave fully satisfied.

I am sorry that our culinary offer was not per your expectations. I have shared your constructive feedback with our Chef for improvements.

I would like to share with you that the taxis outside the hotel are from the Taxis Association and they work independently. Our team recommends these taxis for safety reasons, as they all have valid and verified driving permits and appropriate insurance covers. Even if their pricing is beyond our control, I have already shared your comment with them for consideration.

Kindly note that Grand-bay, a very lively village is just 4 km and 10 minutes away by car from our resort and Cap Malheureux, a touristy village is 1 km and 2 minutes away by car.

Hoping to have a second chance of welcoming you back for a better experience,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Excellent service. All the were Very friendly and polite especially the staff in the restaurant. They Did everything to ensure that our holiday was special and comfortable. Really went out of theit way to please us. I would definitely stay here again!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Juliet M
Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

We just returned from a wonderful 10 nights stay.
The hotel is in a nice location, the rooms and grounds are spotless and the gardens beautiful!
I could really not recommend this hotel enough! I honestly think that it deserves 4+ stars.

The beach is very private and great for relaxing and I'm sorry we only managed to go there 2 days, as we wanted to explore the island. The guys from the boat house were very friendly and the catamaran trip we booked was absolutely amazing!

We were on a half board and both the breakfast and dinner were good and varied. Everyone working in the restaurant was friendly and polite, but I have to admit that Manjoo was my favourite. He was super professional and funny at the same time, and never walked by without saying hi and checking if we were ok.

Big thank you to Oudesh, Raj and Vivek from the pool bar, who made us feel welcome and made our stay even better! Bhavesh and the other boys working at the bar were also nice. Thank you!

Going to the bar in the evenings was fun and there was an organised entertainment every night .

We also booked a lobster dinner one night at the traditional restaurant (Kot Nou) and it was good, plus Kevin and the chef who looked after us were very kind and professional.

The lady who works at Taba J was also very friendly and our son was there almost every day for some pancakes. Although we did not use the kids club(we were out most days) Dina who looks after it was lovely and always smiling, so I understand why kids would love her.

Overall a great stay, couldn't have been better!
I have a long list of destinations I'd like to visit , but if we return to Mauritius would definitely stay in Coin de Mire Attitude!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank L D

Good morning,

Thank you for such a heartwarming review following your recent holidays at Coin de Mire Attitude and for recommending us to other travelers.

I am delighted that you have enjoyed our overall resort along with the hospitality of our Family Members. They are all very touched by your encouraging words, especially Manjoo, Kevin, Dina, Bhavesh, Oudesh, Raj and Vivek.

Looking forward to welcoming you back for another great stay with us

Reviewed 11 June 2018

The staff are wonderful - very helpful, with a great sense of humour. They indulged my terrible French, despite everyone speaking good English, and allowed us to keep our room longer (for free) as we had a night flight home.

There are taxis right outside the hotel (200 Mauritian rupees -or roughly £5- to visit Grand Bay, 10 mins away). In the day, buses stop close to the hotel every 15 mins or so (A single trip is about £1). This makes it easy to reach the local towns for retail therapy, or Winners supermarket for supplies.

I've read that some reviewers found the food a bit samey. The staff do their best to mix things up, but yes, there's only one buffet restaurant and an a-la-carte restaurant (which has limited availability). It may be an idea to go for half-board, rather than all-inclusive. We popped out for lunch each day, so, to us, the food was varied enough, and certainly tasty - a fusion of French and Indian cuisine.

The beach feels very private, and we had no trouble finding a sunbed round the pool, which has a gorgeous setting in well-kept gardens. Our room was clean, spacious, and the wi-fi connection was very quick/ stable. Our room had all the modern amenities, but also 'safari-style' furnishings, which made it atmospheric and original.

It's one of the most relaxing holidays I've had, and that's mainly due to our hotel. I recommend sitting on the beach's golden sand, watching the sun dip into the ocean, then enjoying the 'Lobster Festival' dinner under the stars - I felt pretty blessed. The little touches, such as the private car transfer from the airport, made us feel decadent and well looked-after. We will stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Ian K
H0tels_Management, General Manager at Coin de Mire Attitude, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2018

Dear Ian,

Thank you for choosing Coin de Mire Attitude for your holidays and for taking time to share your experience.

All the Family Members and I are very touched by your heart-warming words and also very happy that you have enjoyed our overall resort.

Thank you once again for recommending us to other travelers

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon for another great stay,

Reviewed 10 June 2018

Family of 4 (2 adults + 2 Kids)

This hotel more than exceeded our expectations. From the simple and quick check in through to the extended room allowance as we had a late flight.
Each person we came into contact with from the hotel was receptive, courteous and had a smile on their face.
The rooms had been refurb-ed about a year ago and you can tell the fresh approach to open plan wash rooms away from a closed toilet helped with the pre -dinner shower.
The pool is tucked away inside the hotel and is clean with plenty of loungers.
No need for any early morning lounger claiming here.
The food is plentiful and every effort is made to keep it from being repetitive with fresh grilled food on offer to supplement the main dishes.
I'd go half board as you will end up on trips with most serving lunch included in the price.
The beach is small but nice and the local saleman Kanen is a legend. He drives a very hard sales pitch but does it with style and grace. His humor carries it off and you can't but help buy trips from him. Thank you Kanen i really enjoyed the Man U Banter...
The lads on the beach are also very helpful.
Being on the North end of the Island works well for this time of year as the wind is calmer than the South.
The 3 Island excursion is fantastic as are the variety of Public Beaches.
You can get around by using the bus as its a fairly simple route and it does not cost much.
There is a supermarket near by and reachable by bus to stock up on water and other essentials. Ask for Winners Supermarket.
The management team took good care of us and ensured that if a request was made that it was responded too. I liked the personal touch from the senior management team.

We met a great family from Manchester and ended up spending most of our time with them which made for a truely cracking holiday. I hope you had a safe journey home Mr. Archie..... or should i say Fang.
In fact the people we met in general were great as we also had a great boat trip with an Italian family and another family from Bombay who also had children who all ended up as friends after that trip.

So to cap this off, this is a great hotel with great staff in a great location, yes there is a road between the hotel and the beach which you do need to be mindful of but the security team assisted with crossing each and every time.
Great people from across the Globe with a fantastic attitude.
A true melting pot and vessel for all you want from Mauritius.

R Fernandez & Family

Room Tip: Best views are on second floor of block 501 -549
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank roqstar71

Hello R Fernandez & Family,

What a wonderful review!

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience full of details.

It was such a pleasure having you among us and now to read that you have enjoyed our overall resort along with the special attention of our Family Members.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon for another great holidays

Ravi and all the Family Members