“Love coffee? Love pie? Love Piezanos!”
Review of Piezanos

Piezanos
Ranked #1 of 1 Quick Bites in Colnbrook
Price range: US$1 - US$9
Description: We are Piezanos Coffee & Pie. A small artisan coffee shop on the Colnbrook Bypass, not far from Heathrow Airport. We are a husband and wife who are giving up their day jobs to pursue their dreams. We serve amazing sweet and savoury pies, and exceptional coffee. We also stock Hans Sloane hot chocolate, Karma Cola sodas, Coldpress natural fruit juices, and a range of Birchall teas.
Reviewed 31 July 2016 via mobile

I live fairly l locally to Colnbrook, and saw a sign boldly announcing "COFFEE & PIE" when driving past Airport Motors on the Bath Road (A4) recently. I tried not to get my hopes up too much, as both coffee and pies are high up on my list of things I enjoy, and I'm pretty fussy about both. So I approached with trepidation on my first visit, parking up on the forecourt of the Airport Motors (the MOT/servicing garage where the pie shop is located). I was prepared for dissapointment, but my mind was immediately put at ease when I walked in and discovered that the savory pies on offer are made by Pieminister(!) If you aren't familiar with Pieminister, they are a Bristol based company that produce a range of delicious pies. When I used to work up in town I would regularly enjoy a Pieminister pie for lunch in the Spitalfields area, and was never disappointed. So far so good!
The shop itself is fairly small, and has been thoughtfully and tastefully fitted out. There are some really cool touches (like the bar with the coins set in, and the black and gold coffee machine), and by now I was excited at the prospect of good pie and coffee.
So on to the coffee. Typically my default order is a black filter coffee, so I ordered one up and was again pleasantly surprised. The barista (who it turns out is the owner) took the trouble of telling me what the particular coffee was that day, and I have to say it was a fine cup of coffee, damn fine!
Initially I had thought that the name was "COFFEE & PIE" as that is what stands out on the sign from the road. Good name I thought. Straight to the point. I'm left in no doubt about what to expect here. It turns out the name is actually Piezanos, and the coffee and pie bit is a subtitle if you like. Ok, I wasn't so sure about the Piezanos name to be honest. Sounds more like a pizza restaurant to me. But it turns out that the owners are called Piezano, so I guess it makes perfect sense to use the name. I mean if you have "pie" in your name and you were opening a pie shop you'd be crazy to call it anything else, right? So Piezanos it is (although I stick to calling it Coffee & Pie).
Getting back to pies, there were a good selection (around half a dozen) sweet pies, that included apple, cherry, blueberry, and pear. Both the pies I tried were really good, and combined with the coffee made the perfect mid - morning treat. Also on offer are cannoli, which although they fit in under neither the "pie" nor "coffee", are so good that I'm worried I may already be addicted! I'm not kidding when I say these are every bit as good as the cannoli served in Bar Italia! And don't even get me started on the mini pistachio cannoli dipped in coconut! The perfect accompaniment to a cheeky espresso!
And that brings us neatly to the million dollar question: How's the espresso? Well I'm happy to report that to me it was good, not the best I've had, but certainly very drinkable, and better than anything else you are likely to get anywhere else locally. In fact I don't know of a better espresso within a ten mile radius.
So there you have it - a great little place for pie and coffee, run by someone who has a real passion for what he does. If you live locally or are passing by you really owe it to yourself to check this place out.
There is more I could say about this place, like how you have to try the vegetarian pies (the saag paneer pie is to die for), the smoothies, or the affogato (a little bit heaven in a cup), but you get the general idea. It's good. No, actually its not just good, it's much better than that. Do yourself a favour and try it out!

As an aside, I've lived in this area many years, and it's also worth mentioning that Airport Motors (where this place is based), have a reputation as a good, honest and reliable family run garage. All the local mechanics I know take their cars to be MOTed there and their prices have always seemed reasonable.
[For the record have no connection to either Piezanos or Airport Motors - apart from getting my car MOT and pie and coffee requirements.]

3  Thank Simon H
Shaun P, Owner at Piezanos, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2016

Hi Simon H.
Thanks very much for your glowing review. So glad we didn't disappoint! You like many of our customers are thrilled with our choice of pie. Pieminister seemed like the only possible choice for us to serve to our pie loving customers. They just seemed miles ahead of any other contender.

During our taste tests, the Costa Rican filter proved very popular too, and it just so happens to be my personal favourite. As for the cannoli, you're correct in the statement that they are neither pie nor coffee, but we "allowed" them purely on their Italian heritage due to la famiglia! To give some variety we alternate the cannoli flavours once or twice a week. Today we have lemon, but we also serve pistachio, cappuccino, white chocolate, milk chocolate and of course the traditional ricotta ones. Rest assured, you're not the only one who's addicted to them!

And finally our "best in ten mile radius" espresso. For our house we serve a blend of Brazilian, Colombian, Ethiopian, Indian and Sumatran. It's proving to be very popular with our other customers too. Watch this space for some interesting guest coffees though.

Thanks again for your kind words, its easy to be passionate when you're doing something you love!

See you soon for a long black and a cheeky cannolo.

Reviewed 29 July 2016

Been in today at lunchtime, service was very friendly. Ordered a Steak and Ale pie for £4.50. Must say it was a bit pricey but worth it as the pastry was nice and crispy on top. The filling was great, steak was lean and no joint cuts, chunky veg, carrots and onion. Good flavour ale taste.

1  Thank andycV6395GE
Shaun P, Owner at Piezanos, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2016

Hello Andy C.
Thank you for your visit, and thank you for your review. We are so glad you enjoyed your Moo Dog (steak & ale) pie. So called because Pieminister use Brew Dog ale in this saucy little pie. We are very proud to be serving Pieminister, they have proven to be incredibly popular with our customers, and during our pie tastings they easily blew all the other contenders out of the water!

Here at Piezanos we are strong believers in only serving great quality products, at what we think is a fair price, and we are glad you agree.

Reviewed 28 July 2016

This little coffee shop is just off the Colnbrook Bypass not far from the Holiday Inn Express. It's really close to my work which is perfect for me!
This is now my regular coffee shop along with most of my office. Super friendly and calm atmosphere.
I've tried a number of coffee's and they are great, today's is a hazelnut latte which is perfect.
Definitely worth a visit, just off the M4 and walking distance from the holiday Inn.
The best drink for me is the Snickers Hot Chocolate, it's to die for (No, really it's amazing!!)
There's a good variety of Pies, sweet and savoury, small seating area to sit and enjoy!
Prices are really reasonable and I'd much rather spend my pennies here than other big name outlets!!
I'll be back for coffee tomorrow...........

2  Thank Louise S
Shaun P, Owner at Piezanos, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2016

Hi Louise S.
Thank you for your review. We definitely aim to promote a friendly calm atmosphere here at Piezanos, so hearing that we've created just that makes us very happy indeed. Being so close to both your office and the Holiday Inn Express is hopefully beneficial to all of us! We wanted to be not only a convenient place for the garage next doors customers to get amazing coffee and pie, but a place for local residents, workers, passers by from the M4 & Heathrow and guests at the Holiday Inn Express too. Colnbrook and the surrounding area really needed a good coffee shop, and we hope we have risen to the challenge.

The fact that we are starting to get regular customers now is great. The fact that folks are coming back tells us that we are definitely doing something right, and that just makes us feel all warm and fuzzy!

We'll see you soon.

Reviewed 13 July 2016 via mobile

Great little coffee hangout in a surprising part of outer Slough near Heathrow T5 on the by-pass. Awesome coffee and even better treats.. Loved the canalonni.. And the flavoured hot chocolate.. Got to get back for more...
Worth a visit.. Small but cozy place..

1  Thank BooBoo_UKLondon
Shaun P, Owner at Piezanos, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2016

Hello BooBoo_UKLondon,
Thank you for your wonderful review, it's always nice to hear that our coffee is awesome!

I'm guessing from your review that you also had either our Sir Hans Sloane honey hot chocolate, or our signature Mrs Jensen "Snickers" hot chocolate? both are flipping amazing! (If we do say so ourselves)!

The fact that the honey hot chocolate was on back order for a few days due to the Sir Hans Sloane Chocolate Company having to harvest their own honey from their own hives makes it all that much more special!

The milk chocolate is equally as delicious, and i'm sure that you'll agree that because we make our hot chocolate from Sir Hans Sloane real chocolate beads and not powder, it just makes it taste so much better than what you get served in most coffee shops.

Stop by again soon, there's a delicious cannolo or two waiting for you!

Reviewed 5 July 2016

I saw the "Coffee & Pie" sign from the bus that was delivering me to my hotel about a block away and I was intrigued, so I checked it out. Shawn, the owner, made me the most excellent latte when I answered his question about do I like strong coffee or more of a milky one. I am not partial to meat pies (they have a selection of about 6-8 of them) so I tried the apple fruit pie. That also was very delicious and rivals some of the apple pie winners at the local fairs in the US. The service was excellent, attention to detail and pride in their offerings makes this a nice treat when looking to relax with a yummy treat and a coffee (about 20 varieties).

1  Thank AKfromNH
Shaun P, Owner at Piezanos, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2016

Hello AKfromNH,
Thank you for your wonderful review. I hope your business trip was a success, and your return trip was a safe one. We're glad you enjoyed your time with us, and the fact that our apple pie rivals some of your New Hampshire home made American apple pies is fantastic news!

As you mention, we are conveniently close to the Holiday Inn Express in Colnbrook where you stayed, just walking across the road for great coffee & pie makes perfect sense! The fact that we are only about a hundred or so yards from them makes us the perfect alternative to hotel room coffee!

Please stop by next time you pass through Heathrow, and say hi to NH from us.