Hilton London Heathrow Airport Terminal 5
US$44
Travelodge
  • Bar/Lounge
Holiday Inn London - Heathrow T5(Colnbrook)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$66
Average 3/5
Hotels.com
3,659 results
All reviewsthe executive loungeindian restaurantgallery restaurantthe busimagine spahydrotherapy poolmr todiwala's kitchenflight pathpark and flyexcellent hotelmain restaurantmodern hotelan early flightsteam roomheathrow airportone night stayan overnight stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 June 2014

This newer Hilton is top notch, from the decor, to the rooms, to the bars, and the service. We stayed overnight before our connecting flight at LHR, had a few drinks in the River Bar and slept very well in comfortable beds and a nicely air-conditioned room.

As with most full Hilton branded hotels, this one is rather pricey, especially if one considers the expensive breakfast tariff, but at least this one offers free in-room WiFI instead of charging separately for that common service. In addition, one must factor in the UKP 10 round-trip bus ride to/from Terminal 5 to the hotel itself.

A potential negative to this hotel is that it is directly underneath the Heathrow landing pattern. I was surprised to open the curtains in the morning and see an Airbus seemingly headed directly for my bedroom at an altitude of just 100m or so. However, the jet, as all the others, passed safely overhead, and the hotel is very well insulated from any sound whatsoever. So if this sort of thing bothers you, then you have to consider it as well.

Bottom line: great hotel with good staff execution. Highly recommended for your stay around Heathrow Airport.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Meredith B, General Manager at Hilton London Heathrow Airport Terminal 5, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear Wyomite

Thanks for your review and kind words. I was delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us.

You're not the first to mention the amazing soundproofing and the proximity to Heathrow but I am sure you agree, with the 13 acres of landscaped grounds, the Spa and 7 dining options, we really are more than just an airport hotel.

Our Hoppa bus now operates every 15 minutes to Heathrow T5 at peak times (30 minutes of peak) and there is a charge of £4.50 each way - remember kids are not charge though.

Please also remember that this bus system isn't ours and is the same service and price for all the hotels the are on the Heathrow Perimeter.

Thanks again for a great review and please come back soon.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

I celebrated my 40th birthday at this hotel. The rate we got was excellent and all my guests enjoyed the trip. Spa is great, it could do with some extra beds but aside from that we found the treatments and the experience fantastic.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Felixnikitamousse

Thank you for your review. I was delighted to read you enjoyed your time with us and will look into seeing what we can do about extra sunbeds around the Hydrotherapy pool.

Thanks again for your comments and come back soon.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

We stayed for dinner and breakfast. The hotel is great looking. The breakfast was excellent. The dinner was rubbish. Our gravy was burnt and chicken was very very dry like pub food. The waiters seemed to ignore us even though it was only half full at the time. I paid £60 extra for dinner and feel nandos was better. I have been to other hiltons and this was very lacking. We complained to the manager next day who said we should have complained to the restaurant rather than her. She did take our email but did not bother to reply which is very very disappointing. I have read previous comments about food being mediocre so I should have not been suprised. I don't think ours was a one off and with management apathy I would say great for breakfast and stay but avoid the McDonald's style dinner. Won't come here again!

• Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank Amerkhan1
Meredith B, General Manager at Hilton London Heathrow Airport Terminal 5, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear Amer Khan

Thank you for your email. I was pleased to read that your room and breakfast were of a great quality though sorry to learn of your alleged experience in our restaurant.

We have 7 dining options within the hotel, none of which are mediocre. Please do read our other reviews, you will find a very positive trend with regards to food and service.

Your scoring seems extremely harsh for such an undetailed review and your compare to McDonalds which simply could not be further from the truth. I urge any of our TA friends to read other reviews on our site or indeed visit us in person.

I know that, had you reported your concern to the restaurant team , we would have taken immediate action, unfortunately, upon our standard checks within the restaurant, nothing was said. It is very difficult for the Reception Team to take any appropriate action if you have dined, signed your bill and left the restaurant.

We do have a high incidence of other hotel reviews being posted to our site and I have asked Trip Advisor to check that you have the right Hilton.

If your experience was indeed at our hotel, firstly, please accept my sincere apologies and also, please give me more detailed specifics.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

I have stayed here twice now, And will stay again. The rooms are of a good standard and are well sound proofed, their is also little corridor noise so,you will get rest. Good selection on buffet for breakfast. Easy find from M25, large car park makes it ideal for park and fly.

Room Tip: Outward facing rather than courtyard
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Matthew S
Meredith B, General Manager at Hilton London Heathrow Airport Terminal 5, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear Matthew S

Thanks for your review. I was delighted to read you enjoyed your stay. Thanks for sharing on TA.

Just one note, we don't have a courtyard so I'm not sure about your 'Room Tip' but we doi have a terrace - perhaps that's what you mean? If you did, in the same view you can see Windsor Castle.

Thanks again for your kind words and comments and I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Stayed here for one night as a stopover. Staff were very accommodating and gave us an early check in which was good. Room was clean and very quiet. Could do with bathrobes in the room.
There were a couple of things missing from the mini bar so we had to let the staff know so we weren't charged for them, but that was no problem. Breakfast was standard fare and nothing outstanding, but staff were generally helpful. We were not flying off anywhere fortunately as it is a bit of a trek to Terminal 5.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rusty27

Dear Rusty27

Thank you for your hotel. I must disagree with you. We are far more than just an airport hotel.

With 7 dining options two AA Rosette Restaurants including the Famous Mr Todiwala's Kitchen, an Imagine Spa with amazing facilities and treatments (have a look at our website), a location within 13 acres of landscaped grounds with excellent access to Windsor, Motorway networks and London, we are very much more than just an airport hotel.

Should you choose our Executive rooms which include complimentary access to the Executive Lounge, you will find slippers and bathrobes included -try these rooms out next time, you will not be disappointed.

Thanks for your opinion, though I think your score of 3 is unfair.

All the best