Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
jennyK9665DU
Perth, Australia

Disappointed

Review of Market Motel
1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 17 Apr 2024
dear owner in australia,
i encounter severe issues with your staff at market motel, so pls msg on x @BarHeiner or by email.
i repeatedly asked the manager to forward my mail addy and x acct for msg to you, but likely he did not do so, while causing various problems for me as braille renter.
thanks.
btw, the chinese buddhist vegan meal you gave me was great, while managerb and staff even refuse to help get me some drinking water. the empty 20 liter bottle stands in front of my quarter since almost 2 weeks now for all to see, and i asked the manager to instruct the staff to inform the delivery service.
manager ignroes all my mails since almost 9months even when i ask an appointment for tuktuk.
that is not reasonable, but disrespectful for disability, and i do not want to publish disturbing details as review, so pls contact me asap.
Date of stay: March 2024
Room Tip: i repeatedly asked the manager to forward my mail addy and x acct for msg to you, but likely he...
Trip type: Travelled solo
    £33
  • Vio.com
2.8 miles from Market Motel
View more hotels in Aranyaprathet
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 February 2017 via mobile

If you want to break your journey, in or out of Thailand/Cambodia from the insalubrious border crossing at neighbouring Poipet, then spending a peaceful night or two, poolside at The Market Motel in central Aranyaprathet is the place for you. My ground floor room was very spacious with a big and very comfortable bed, spotless shower room W/C, very cold fridge for my beer ! Good A/C and good FREE WiFi access, but sadly apart from football ! I could find no English language programmes on the TV. The swimming pool is big, VERY clean and fantastic with lots of poolside seating. The Reception lady spoke English and was very helpful organising my early TukTuk to the bus station for my onward journey to Bangkok. A pity that there is no longer a restaurant at the Market Motel but I did find a good Thai eatery a few minutes walk away, to the left side of the towns central square area, next to a conjoined antique shop, but it closed at 6pm. Lots of safe off street parking if you arrive by car and the Motel is tucked away in a very secluded tree lined and shady location. I think this is a great and certainly inexpensive choice of place to stay in Aranyaprathet, close to the border. Andrew Bruce, Dumfries & Galloway, Scotland, UK.

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank andrewbruce
Reviewed 17 November 2016 via mobile

Stayed for one night, while crossing to Cambodia. Basic facilities, neat and clean. Pleasant receptionist. They got the tuk arranged for crossing the border at reasonable rates. Didn't tried their food. But a practical place for spending night.

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank khadds
Reviewed 13 October 2016 via mobile

The three of us stayed here for a night since we were crossing over from Cambodia to Thailand on foot. It is a simple cheap nice basic space . Didn't get to see much of the hotel but our room was clean. It is about a 20 minute tuk tuk ride from the border and 10 minutes from Aranyaprathet railway station.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank saahilsood
Reviewed 26 September 2016

Once over the border crossing Poi pet Cambodia Thailand, its usually too late to catch the 48Bht 3rd class train to Bangkok, I prefer the train as safer than the bus mini bus services, also lots of traders getting on the early am trains with all their wares I've stayed in Market Motel hotel three times its clean comfortable no-longer serves food but plenty of convenience stores a short distance away.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Peter A C
Reviewed 24 September 2016

i have stayed here quite a few times and enjoy the area and turn a 1 day stay into a few extra days each time i travel .when i looked at the reviews i cant believe there are so many travel snobs .there are 50 dollar rooms elsewhere instead of the whinge ,i love it here its clean and quiet and the woners are friendly and speak english what more could you ask for ,want silver room service not the place for you but really this town is not a tourist mecca its a transit point so be a little realistic .if you travelling by here you are most likely a back packer or visa extender so why the pretense ....i hope to be dropping by in a few months on my way to phnom penh again good travels jon .b

Date of stay: May 2016