My friends and I stayed at the Discovery Divers Resort in Coron, Palawan for 2 nights last October and we were very happy with our choice to stay here. Upon arrival at the port in Coron town, we were greeted by Glenda who was there to see us onto the boat that would take us to the island. She was very welcoming and gave us an idea of how the resort would be. Taking the 5-10 minute boat ride to the island was a definite highlight as we sailed off at around sunset. The views were amazing and as we drifted away from the hustle & bustle of the town, we were happy to realize that we had picked a nice, quiet place to stay at. When we arrived on the island, we were warmly greeted by Venus and some cute dogs. (Both were very friendly :D) We got complimentary drinks at their restaurant first and then we were shown our room. The first place that they offered us was quite a hike from the restaurant and the path leading to it was not very well lit so they offered to show us another room closer down to the dock and the restaurant which was great. The rooms were comfortable enough ( we chose one with just a fan) but be warned that there is no hot water in the shower. Also, just know that each time you take their boat to town you have to pay 100PHP per person. Other than that, we loved many things about Discovery: the morning view from the balcony (see pics); the day tour they arranged for us - our guides, Norman & Roman were very helpful; breakfast there was pretty good too. But for my friends and I, the best thing about the place was the quiet and the niceness of the people there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Back to 100% after Typhoon Haiyan. An Island resort and dive center on its own island just 5 minutes from Coron Town. Tranquil location with individual rustic cottages and modern lodge rooms. All rooms en-suite. Warm hospitality and good food. Ideal for island hoppers and divers. Private Coron Island Tours operated from the resort to show you the best and most beautiful spots that Coron has to offer at your own pace. With one of the most experienced dive centers in Coron, come dive Corons wrecks, lakes or coral reefs with Discovery Divers from our resort. Kayaking, seafaris around Calamianes Islands are also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, Odigeo and HotelQuickly so you can book your Discovery Island Resort and Dive Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Discovery Divers Resort Coron Hotel Coron
- Discovery Divers Hotel
- Discovery Island Resort And Dive Center Coron, Philippines - Palawan Island