My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights with another couple. It is about a 10minute boat ride to a small island near Coron town. The boats will take you to and from town whenever you would like. The host/manager Christina is very down to earth, helpful, and nice. The bungalows are set on a hillside with a very short walk. They are spacious. No a/c but fans help and much cooler at night than staying in the city. The meals are included in the rate and all delicious with the dinners buffet style but very gourmet!!
Apparently the hotel is soon to be bought up by another group of people. We did not know if the name would change. THE ONE COMPLAINT we had was the diving. After diving with SeaDive Resort for 4 days this was a big let down!! I don't believe the same dive people are going with the sale of this place but not sure. They are going to be at the other Discovery Diver Resort (Puerto Del Sol). There were no torches provided on the boat at all besides what the guides had for diving in an oil tanker!! Very dangerous, but guide wouldn't admit so. We were told there would be "enough light". A blindfold would have provided more light than be in a widowless ship w/o a flashlight. My BCD had no depth gauge, yet the others read vastly different depths regardless and my old BCD and regulator they rented made rumbly sounds on the dives. All equipment was sub par. Not to mention one extremely know-it-all Swiss dive guide who loved the sound of his own voice.
So 5 star for the accommodations 1star for the diving.
5star for the suggestion for island hopping, especially to Malcapulya island; an hours boat trip from Coron. Saw some great sealife diving along the reef there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Back to 100% after Typhoon Haiyan. An Island resort and dive center on its own island just 5 minutes from Coron Town. Tranquil location with individual rustic cottages and modern lodge rooms. All rooms en-suite. Warm hospitality and good food. Ideal for island hoppers and divers. Private Coron Island Tours operated from the resort to show you the best and most beautiful spots that Coron has to offer at your own pace. With one of the most experienced dive centers in Coron, come dive Corons wrecks, lakes or coral reefs with Discovery Divers from our resort. Kayaking, seafaris around Calamianes Islands are also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Discovery Island Resort and Dive Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Discovery Divers Resort Coron Hotel Coron
- Discovery Divers Hotel
- Discovery Island Resort And Dive Center Coron, Philippines - Palawan Island