All reviewsboat riderestaurant prices arediving daysmini vancoron citysim cardisland resortquiet placeaway from the hustle and bustlehot water in the showerrooms are basicswimming pool ismangoel nidocottagemangrovesdive
Reviewed 28 December 2017

Nice welcome, lovely hotel. On finding it was my daughters birthday they gave a cake and sang happy birthday to her... nice touch. Food was good too.
A few little niggles... they tried to charge me for the room twice, they provide a kettle to make tea or coffee but don't supply any tea or coffee... and upon asking I was told I had to go to the mainland to buy it... maybe a little shop on the island is what's needed.

Stayed: November 2017
1  Thank ReidB
Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

The hotel is located on a private island just 7 min away from Coron city (the hotel offers a free taxi boat). We loved the silence and the nature on this small island!

The bungalows are simple but offer everything you need.

The staff is very helpful - they also organize island hopping tours and provided good tips for our further trip.

They also have a dive center right next to the hotel. The dive master was very professional and flexible. We did some great reef, lake and wreck dives.

We highly recommend the restaurant. Every single dish was delicious. You have to try the banana pancakes :)

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank v-reine
Reviewed 3 September 2017

My husband and I stayed in February 2017 for seven days and it was one of the best trips of our lives! The resort is simple but very clean and peaceful. I'm glad we chose to stay in an island as opposed to staying in the town proper as it allowed us to be away from the dust and noise of the town. The location of the island from the town, though, is optimal because it's only about 10-15 minutes boat ride so no big deal if you want to get something from the town. But I think what made our stay in the resort exceptionally good are the staff --- they are super-friendly and made us feel as if we're with family. And the dive crew are the best! Our dive master for our three-day dives was Christine and she made those diving days a once-in-a-lifetime experience. We will definitely go back and stay there again.

Room Tip: We stayed on the top floor, corner room so we had a great view of the sea. Great for watching the sunrises and sunsets.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Edith W
Reviewed 1 June 2017 via mobile

The review through Bookings.com allows the impression of access to a "great pool area" it is remains under construction!!
No white beach here either!
Get me out of here please.

Friendly staff of course because they are Filipino but totally delusional

Stayed: June 2017
Reviewed 24 May 2017 via mobile

We stayed there 3 days, the accommodation is clean and simple, there is hot water & aircon, but a LOT of mosquitoes.. The resort is surrounded by mangrove so as soon as the sun sets...it's mosquito party time !

As the resort is remote, you'll need to take a boat to get there ad go to Coron city. I was expecting the resort staff to be helpful - since their customers are cut off from the town's facilities - but you'll have to go in town for anything : laundry, cash, ticket bookings, information gathering. They can arrange though your transfer to the airport (300peso/person).

The restaurant is good but the lunch snacks are very light...especially when you are hungry after 2 morning dives.

Make sure you check your bill upon check out, as they made a 3000peso mistake on ours...!

The dive center (which is run by a separate staff) is great and very professional. The dive masters will share their experience and teach you lots of things, whatever your PADI level. The dive spots around the area are amazing, especially the wrecks which you can explore outside and inside.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple