We've spent a week in January 2011 with Discovery, and it was everything we hoped for! We went there to celebrate our 5 years anniversary and got engaged there :)
The location is great, you're on your own little island, relaxing and beautiful, but a short 10 minutes boat ride from town, which makes Discovery very convenient as well.
The staff really made the difference. They made us feel at home, helped us make our schedule with great suggestions and locations, good cooking in the resort and on other locations while island hoping. We were picked up from the airport and taken by boat from town to the resort. The rooms are not the newest you can get, but they give a nice relaxed feeling. You get good value for money, the staff and environment gives you the added value. btw - there are no hot water on the island, but it's so hot anyway, you don't need it. Look at the sunset over the bay from the terrace, you'll feel all worm inside ;)
If you're a diver, Coron is one of the best places we've dived at around the world. Amazing spots and unique dive settings makes this area a divers' heaven. Discovery has good equipment, and work with very good instructors.
You can always go to town for dinner and drinks, and come back with the boat later, but don't miss out on sitting with the resort guests and staff at the end of the day for beers!
We had a great time, and were sad to leave and go back to the Beijing concrete jungle, but we know we now have a home in Coron :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Back to 100% after Typhoon Haiyan. An Island resort and dive center on its own island just 5 minutes from Coron Town. Tranquil location with individual rustic cottages and modern lodge rooms. All rooms en-suite. Warm hospitality and good food. Ideal for island hoppers and divers. Private Coron Island Tours operated from the resort to show you the best and most beautiful spots that Coron has to offer at your own pace. With one of the most experienced dive centers in Coron, come dive Corons wrecks, lakes or coral reefs with Discovery Divers from our resort. Kayaking, seafaris around Calamianes Islands are also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Discovery Island Resort and Dive Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Discovery Divers Resort Coron Hotel Coron
- Discovery Divers Hotel
- Discovery Island Resort And Dive Center Coron, Philippines - Palawan Island