Mt. Tapyas Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Free Internet
  • Free Internet
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsmountain viewhot showerwalking distanceflight was delayedquiet place to staythird floorbasic roomlocation is greatthe air conditioningshort stayisland tourtapyastvtricyclepillowstownrates
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 October 2013

At first, me and my wife were disappointed to learn that our 1st choice for a hotel was fully-booked. We turned to the locals to give us their opinions for a good hotel. Most of them pointed their fingers to Mt. Tapyas Hotel. We decided to give the hotel a chance. We reached the hotel in about 5 minutes from the town. We used the form of transportation that almost all the locals used. It was called a "traycycle". Luckily they had available rooms, and we didn't require any reservations. The front desk just reminded us to call in advance next time. We paid 1,932 pesos for our hotel room as it was the presidential suite. When we arrived in our room in the 3rd floor, they had the biggest windows I have ever seen! The room was very clean and included a 32" Samsung flat screen LCD TV, 2 queen sized beds and an air conditioner. The bathroom on the other hand was quite small, but had all the basic amenities such as toothbrushes, soap, shampoo and a hot shower. The beds were soft and comfy. And even shaped our towels into flowers and other designs! We watched the sunset on their rooftop bar. And I can say that it was the most spectacular sunset I have ever seen. We also had ice cold beers to accompany the view as happy hour was just starting. The hotel staff were nice and friendly. And accommodated and catered to my every need and request. We also felt safe as there was a 24 hour security guard stationed in the hotel. The food was low priced and good. They also serve freshly caught fish everyday. My favorite dish was their "Grilled Pork-chops" and it was the best I have ever tasted. They also have a small souvenir shop near the restaurant and had many products. My wife especially liked their jewelry. I even bought pearl earrings for my wife and she loved them! Time flew and it was time to leave Coron. I admit that I was sad to leave the place because on our 7 day stay it sort of felt like a second home to us. The only problem I can think of for this hotel is that the bathroom is a bit small. But it's otherwise bearable. I would highly recommend this hotel and would definitely come back! :)

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank seyerimauj
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We stayed there for 3 days and 2 nights. We liked the overall ambiance of the hotel and we liked the view from above their bar. Good and clean rooms and attentive staff and security. Their staff was very attentive and catered to our requests and accommodated our late stay for dinner at their bar upstairs. Very friendly staff and the location is just very near to the town proper. Very convenient but also not in the busy district.

Room Tip: The rooms with a seaview are better than the ones with mountain view. Choose the top floors for better view but the rooms downstairs are also good.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank chayenerio
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Stayed here for one night as our flight was cancelled. I wish i stayed here for the whole 6 days, what a clean room, strong air conditioning, a tv, hot and cold water in the shower. everything you need!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Leilani M
Reviewed 18 September 2013 via mobile

The location is perfect for couples coz its overlooking the coron bay. The room is spacious and tidy. Shower with heater and squeaky clean. resto staff are quite unfriendly mainly coz they are guys but kuya guard and receptionist are very friendly.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank wannederlust
Reviewed 7 September 2013

I would definitely recommend staying here. Very low price for in exchange for what they offer. Staff is nice, polite and helpful. They offer many tours and have a pretty good restaurant. Their rooftop has the best sunset on Coron (the hotel is located on the slope of the mountain, so it's the highest point of the city), as good as the one in Mt Tapyas itself. If I had the chance to go back to Coron, I'll stay there again. Try their grilled porkchops, its the best and happy hour at the rooftop bar while watching the sunset!!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends