“Recommended for Coron first timers”
Review of Mt. Tapyas Hotel

and 1 more site!
Mt. Tapyas Hotel
Ranked #40 of 70 Coron B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 April 2014

+ They have the best view of sunset.

Service:
+ Receptionist greeted me with a smile.
+ Helpful and friendly; gave me tips about island hopping.

Value:
+ Booked through Agoda, and it was really a good
- Food is a bit expensive.

Sleep Quality:
+ Cool AC
+ Comfy and really quiet, which is perfect for resting after a whole day oustide/island hopping.

Location
+ Just a walking distance away from the market/happenings.
+ You can take a trike if you prefer not to walk for just php10.

Room is ok, and its clean.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 17 April 2014

We, a group of 4 friends, stayed at Mt. Tapyas in the beginning of April 2014 in a family room with AC on the top floor. Our stay was very pleasant, the staff was super friendly and helpful (Thanks Gino :)) and went over and beyond to help us. The view from the deck on the top floor was spectacular and the panorama view from the room window was amazing. Very good value for the money.

Room Tip: The top floor family room with panorama window was great
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 March 2014

My husband and I stayed at Mt. Tapyas hotel last March 10-12 in a family room with ocean view at the 3rd floor. Yes, from the 3rd floor, outside the room, you have a very nice open place to view the ocean and feel the fresh breeze. However, our room was really disappointing not like as you see it in their website. The room was not worth its price of P2100+. It has 2 single beds and 1 long sofa, small CR, very noisy aircon, and small cabinet. Going up the 3rd floor, you have to take a side stair of the building that is very steep with big steps. You can touch the next step as you climb up. At night when you want to go down, the stairway is not lighted up. In our room, only 1 out of 4 lightbulbs in the ceiling can be used and so we asked maintenance to change the bulbs. Whenever we call frontdesk, no one is there to reply and so my husband calls them through their cellphone number. Regarding the CR, you should press the flush button so so hard to make it work. When I woke up at 3am, went to the CR and dont have water until 6am. The guard said there was a leak.

the next day, we asked to transfer to the 1st floor and they gave us Room 4 with a porch-like front where we can dry up our wet clothes from island hopping. A much better room, just as big as the family room upstairs, a queen-size bed, 1 long sofa and big and wider cabinet and a little bigger CR. The aircon, too, was noisy.

The hotel, though, had a good location, nice ambiance and the the staff are also accommodating. Perhaps management should look into the condition of their rooms esp. their aircons.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ednab7
Reviewed 18 March 2014

My sister and I stayed in Mt Tapyas hotel and availed of their 3 days 2 nights package. We were there during the first week of March 2014.

Availing of the package turned out to be the best decision we made for this trip! The package included, accommodation, island hopping, meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner), and town trips via a van (to the hot spring, souvenir shops).

The rooms are standard for a budget hotel, the staff are very accommodating. Although the foam mattress was too hard for my liking - we stuck with it nonetheless - but you can definitely request to be moved to another room.

The best bit of the package was the food! We were pleasantly surprised with the quality and the serving - the dinner/lunch menu always had seafood (which tasted so good - must have been freshly caught then cooked!), veggie and either a pork/chicken dish. Breakfast was standard - you should try the danggit - it's a local specialty.

When you do avail of the package check with them first if their outrigger boat is available for the island hopping - as during our stay, this was still under repair (due to damages from the super typhoon). So, we had to join another tour group run by a partner company of the hotel. The partner company's services were poor, but this is not the fault of Mt Tapyas - we still enjoyed the island hopping with new found friends on the boat, but it would have been better if it was a boat exclusive to Mt Tapyas - as they would have engaged better and delivered utmost service.

Overall, pick Mt Tapyas for their tour package - and enjoy the food, the service and rest assured that you will be well looked after. :)

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Filkiwi
Reviewed 27 February 2014

If you are looking for a hotel that when you reached the place, you would still enjoy Coron's view then this is the place for you. Located at the foot of Mt Tapyas, also a spot to visit in Coron.

We visited Coron last Feb22-25,2014 and we were able to make reservations in Mt Tapyas through online packages. The package includes 3d/2n stay, free breakfast, and shuttle to and from the airport. You will definitely need the airport transfers as there are only around a number of vans that will take you from the airport to Coron town and they are at schedules. Fare will be 150php from airport to the town proper.

The Hotel
After we have arrived in the airport and an hour of travel, the view from the 3rd floor of the hotel is breath taking over looking the beach of coron and its majestic view. If there are cheaper rooms around the area, your budget for Mt Tapyas hotel will not fail you! And I really mean it! The crew is also very accomodating.

Location
As I have mentioned earlier, the hotel is located at the foot of Mt Tapyas which is also a walking distance scenic spot. The hotel is a 15minute walk from good food spot such as Sinugba at Big Momma's but a bit far from the market proper.

Rooms
The hotel rooms are a bit strategic for me. Its best to be situated at the rooms facing the mountain as the sun would scorch you at around the afternoon for those facing the beach. But still the rooms facing the beach is a catch in the early mornings if you are a morning person though. The rooms can fit 3 big persons as large as myself. :)
It has aircon, comfty blankets (not to mention they smell good), hot and cold water, and cable TV. It has also comms to the front desk so no worries at night if you have troubles.

Common Area
The hotel has 2 common areas, the ground and the 3rd floor. They have the "bang-ko" and the seats with comfty pillows on the ground floor.

Price
The price for the room is from cheap to mid level depending on what room you are located. Our rooms are priced at 1300+php and an additional 330php for another person. Though it may be a bit pricey, the other perks of the hotel will make up for it.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank JirehMendoza
Reviewed 28 January 2014

After staying at this hotel for about 5 days, I want to give them a good review.
A driver from the hotel was waiting for us as we got off the plaine at the airport. He was friendly and informative. After the 40+min drive to coron we liked the hotel at first glance. It is situated as one of the higher buildings in the area making for a beautiful view over the town center and the bay.
Attendants brought our bags to our rooms as we finished the checkin process. Our room faced the downtown and bay. Clean room, clean bed, clean/tight bathroom. But for the price it was nice. I will say the bed was not much more than 3 inches of hard mattress but after a night or 2 it was not much of a problem.
The staff was attentive and informative. Always standing to great us as we came down from the room or in through the front door.
Breakfast was also good. They had a large menu for all hours of the day. Room service was also available but we did not use it. The staff was also great about letting us bring in items from the market for them to prepare as no cost to us. We would bring in fruit for breakfast and they always did a nice plate display.
I will say that as the hotel is situated above town there is a short walk that will get your legs inshape in no time. It was no problem for us as we like to walk.
The only negative thing that has to be mentioned is (at least in our room) there was a rooster who would start-up around 5 am.. Just outside the hotel on the property next door. But with that said there are roosters all over the town so I guess no matter where you stay, you will hear them.
Thank you for the friendly service and great location.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gevans1258
Reviewed 29 October 2013

At first, me and my wife were disappointed to learn that our 1st choice for a hotel was fully-booked. We turned to the locals to give us their opinions for a good hotel. Most of them pointed their fingers to Mt. Tapyas Hotel. We decided to give the hotel a chance. We reached the hotel in about 5 minutes from the town. We used the form of transportation that almost all the locals used. It was called a "traycycle". Luckily they had available rooms, and we didn't require any reservations. The front desk just reminded us to call in advance next time. We paid 1,932 pesos for our hotel room as it was the presidential suite. When we arrived in our room in the 3rd floor, they had the biggest windows I have ever seen! The room was very clean and included a 32" Samsung flat screen LCD TV, 2 queen sized beds and an air conditioner. The bathroom on the other hand was quite small, but had all the basic amenities such as toothbrushes, soap, shampoo and a hot shower. The beds were soft and comfy. And even shaped our towels into flowers and other designs! We watched the sunset on their rooftop bar. And I can say that it was the most spectacular sunset I have ever seen. We also had ice cold beers to accompany the view as happy hour was just starting. The hotel staff were nice and friendly. And accommodated and catered to my every need and request. We also felt safe as there was a 24 hour security guard stationed in the hotel. The food was low priced and good. They also serve freshly caught fish everyday. My favorite dish was their "Grilled Pork-chops" and it was the best I have ever tasted. They also have a small souvenir shop near the restaurant and had many products. My wife especially liked their jewelry. I even bought pearl earrings for my wife and she loved them! Time flew and it was time to leave Coron. I admit that I was sad to leave the place because on our 7 day stay it sort of felt like a second home to us. The only problem I can think of for this hotel is that the bathroom is a bit small. But it's otherwise bearable. I would highly recommend this hotel and would definitely come back! :)

• Stayed: September 2013