“Dangerous”
Review of Krystal Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Coron
Krystal Lodge
Ranked #43 of 70 Coron B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 October 2012

Our neighbour got bitten in his back by a rat while he was sleeping! And it was quite a hassle to get away from the island because there were no sufficient medical treatments available.
Besides the bathroom was very smelly.
There is a kind of slum next to Crystal Lodge. Shocking views.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank co02

Reviewed 9 October 2012

Very pleasent two nights stay at Krystal lodge. I could recommend this to anyone who wants to stay in Coron town but still appreciates privacy and a good night sleep. Very nice and helpful staff made us feel very welcome. Thank you Krystal!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tuuspa P
Reviewed 26 September 2012

My traveller book guides me to Krystal Lodge.
I spent there one week last December and it was very very nice!
Krystal, her mom and dad lead the lodge really good.
For me it feels like home!
It was clean and cheap!
The sunrise is amazing!!

I read some bad comments here.
I can not understand this comments!
The family who is leading Krystal Lodge is beautiful kind and responsible!

I have been on a lot of places and hotels on Philippines and no one was fantastic like this!!

I will go there this December again and spent some beautiful days there!!
Looking forward to it!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank PasBroBalingen
Reviewed 24 September 2012

We spent 4 days at the Krystal lodge. We met the beautiful family that manages the place, they were really friendly and open. They have helped us getting around and gave us a lot of tips about Coron, where to go and what to do. We even went on a night out with the girls. It is a nice and affordable place if you are backpacking and a good way to get a bit of the philippines essence. It was our first stop in the country and it was an amazing beginning. Oh and let me mention Krystal's nephew, an amazing smart and solar little girl that welcomed us every time we returned as we were part of her family.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank MicSu88
Reviewed 24 September 2012

I stayed at Krystal Lodge for almost a week and was very pleased. It was raining most days that I was in Coron but luckily Krystals lodge is full of cool little nooks and garden decorated rooms where you can comfortably lay in a hammock or lounge area and read or play on your wifi device. The food was great, but it was the amazing structure of this village on water with its top notch views of the sunset that really made it more than worth it. The prices were comparable to other places but no place was as interesting and homey feeling as Krystals Lodge which is why I stayed here. I not only had a very friendly experience with the staff and Krystal herself but was welcomed to drink and hang with the family on parts of the deck and one night they even took me and my crew of friends way off into the woods where we had a bonfire, made friends with a couple ducks, and had an awesome adventure :) It was a solid off the beaten track feeling of an experience. I can't wait to get back!! I saw so many good reviews, and theres always a few bad reviews. No one place will ever please everyone and its easy to have misunderstandings when different cultures try to communicate and clash... have an open mind, be easy, or as the filipinos would say bahala-nah :) After 14 months of backpacking Asia and Australia, I must say that Krystals Lodge was one of the most unique and interesting places of my whole trip. Check this place out!

Room Tip: The views are worth the extra money if youve got it... but the cheaper rooms are equally cool and ve...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank tim b
Reviewed 24 September 2012

We went to Coron last year with 7 members of my family. We've never been to Coron but we've heard about the good comments about the place so we decided to go. We stayed at Krystal Lodge which is different from other hotels i've been used to. It is a simple place to stay, very basic, clean, relaxing, reasonable price, it is surrounded by water and all you can hear are the waves and the fan during the night. The family who owns it were so nice to us and that they made sure that everything were taken care of. We stayed there for 3 enjoyable days and I have already recommended alot of my friends to visit and some of them thanked me for recommending it because they told me that they really enjoyed the place and the people at Krystal Lodge. Lots of my friends loved the pictures I have posted on facebook and most of them are impressed so they are also excited to visit soon. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS PLACE!!!! KRYSTAL LODGE, you are the best...

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank ayar_0520
Reviewed 25 August 2012

I hope people will read this story and decide NOT to stay here and not to chance getting cheated, like we did.

We saw Crystal Lodge online and it looked so neat that even though I saw the reviews saying the owners aren't very honest, we still thought we should stay there. We messaged Krystal about room rates and all and she said we should book in advance AND pay in full to secure our room. Her reason was the Coron Festival was around the time we were staying so it would be busy. *First lie-There was a festival but no tourists knew of it before they went to Coron/came there specifically for the festival.
We should have seen the red flag but we had never been to Coron so weren't sure if it would really fill up quickly or not and we did really want to stay there. So, like idiots, we sent her 4, 800 pesos for 3 nights. That's a lot of money! It was going to be one of our most expensive places. Unfortunately, a typhoon came through and they cancelled our boat from El Nido to Coron. The next boat wasn't going until after our 3 nights would have passed. So I called Krystal the day before we were supposed to be there and explained the situation and asked if we could get a refund. I told her to cancel our reservation so other people could stay there. She told me very clearly that it would be NO problem to get the money back (all the money) and that she would move our reservation to the 3 nights we would be in Coron. I told her we would not stay at Krystal Lodge so she could just cancel it.
So we finally got to go to Coron and after a terrible boat ride, we went straight to Krystal Lodge to get our money back, as promised. She wasn't there so we spoke to her sisters and dad who didn't know about the situation so they called her and I talked to her on the phone. First, she asked, "Well, when did you actually send the money?" And I KNEW that she was going to be a problem. So I told her when and she asked, "Do you have an actual receipt?" I did of course and had already handed it to her dad. She said she had to go check her account and would call back. When she called back, she of course couldn't say we hadn't send it, cause we had. So she chose another lie and told me, "I never actually said you could have a refund." It was lie after lie and I was so angry. It was obvious she was aware of her lies and was making up any lie she could to keep our money. I can't even write out all the things she said/made up because it would be too long. Finally, after a lot of yelling on my part and lying on hers, she said she would give us the 4,000 back but would keep the 800 for a reservation fee because, "Someone else could have stayed in our room but she had to turn them away since we were reserved." Another lie, since I told her to CANCEL our reservation the day before it started and it was HER idea to move it. Also, there were only a few guests staying there and there is no way she turned anyone away because of us. We had to deal with them for 3 days (the only days we had in Coron!) because her dad said he would give us the 4,000 the next day when he went to the bank. Of course, the next day the bank was closed so we had to go again the day after that. Even though Krystal was back from Manila, she never showed her face or spoke with us in person. She KNOWS she lied. The only person who didn't lie to us and try to cheat us was the assistant manager. I think her name was Maria. We met her the second day we went and she said she's knows all about how Krystal is and is very sorry. She got our money for us and helped us the 3rd day.

Please, do not stay at Krystal Lodge. We thought we'd be fine if we just slept there and didn't do tours through them or eat at their restaurant, where we heard the mom will try to get more money out of you. But we didn't even stay there and had 800 pesos stolen from us by Krystal! I hope you believe me when I say she straight up lied and pretended she never told me we could have a refund. Enjoy your time in Coron but do not stay here!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple