“5 star hospitality”
Review of Krystal Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Coron
Krystal Lodge
Ranked #41 of 63 Coron B&B and Inns
Staten Island, New York
“5 star hospitality”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

After staying at Crystal lodge I felt obligated to write a review.
Before I book my trips, I tend to google places where I would spent vacation time with my family and I'm glad I chose crystal. Professional staff and service!!!
As soon as I walked in I was greeted by the professional staff that treated me like family. The rooms were amazing and the beds were just right. While being on vacation this place always kept a smile on my face I loved every minute of my stay here. What I found to also to be nice was that the owner crystal herself made sure we were ok. Its great to know that their are places that treat you better than just a customer. Definetely coming back and reccomend everyone to experience the heart warming service

• Stayed October 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed 24 April 2013 via mobile

After visiting several basic accommodations for backpackers, me and a new friend of mine found Crystal Lodge and it was love at the first look.
Crystal Lodge is a special and magic place.
If you are looking for a 5 star hotel, please do not go.
But if you are looking for something different, cosy and relaxing, that is the place.
Having breakfast with the view, surrounding by water is pretty nice. And the sunset is waiting for you at the same place.
The staff (dad and daughter) is friendly.
The only thing I would change for better are the bathrooms, really basic.
Crystal lodge is a great place for reading a book, writing memories or just relaxing and enjoying life, after a great diving day.

Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Nadia N
Reviewed 29 March 2013 via mobile

After arriving late in the night checked into the lodge, the website doesn't show you that it's a long walk down past residential slums to the end where the lodge is. Very dirty and smelly.
On arriving paid 2 night, got to the cottage which was advertised as having cooker, fan, water, shower, hammock, hardly any of this was supplied.
The floor was open bamboo poles with the water below.... Not clean water!!
Shower didn't work when complained it worked for 3 mins . The staff kitchen and rest area was outside our cottage Which was then next to the dining area. Very noisy. No windows only 'gaps'

The bed was only 2 very thin single mattresses placed on the floor with mosquito net over.

We didn't want to stay another night so asked for a refund, had to fight to get that back of which from the 1,800 peso we had 300 deducted!

There are many better hotels in the area for the same price, much better equipped with beds showers and a/c.... Of to this now! I would avoid crystal lodge!!

Owner was not bothered about my complaint

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Momo1975coco

Travellers are raving about these Coron hotels

alkhobar
Reviewed 7 December 2012

In the past, Filipinos live near the sea as fish and rice are their staple. This lodge resemble the kind of living they have in the past. Just add a little ladder down to the sea and reach your boat and paddle and you are ready to hunt lunch.

Crystal Lodge is manage by a very lively and pretty local lass, Australian-educated Krystal. She told me that she was settled in Australia when her father called her to manage the resort. At the time of our stay, she run the place along with her Dad who take care of maintenance and that cooking lady who rented a place and decided to stay and cooked for the guest.
Its not 5-star, not even 2-star (in my opinion) but the place is clean, quiet, and you are basically left on your own, without disturbance.

There are no hot water and its pour-yourself-shower. Its a set-up which is very close to the living style of the sea-people.

The view from our window was memorable and the walk around the place is an experience.
My family stayed here prior to our Tao Expedition tour, and having been to Coron for quite a number of times, we did not do any tour to the outlying island. I will definitely seek out to stay there again when I will be in Coron in the future.

Room Tip: I assume that once inside their facility, the rooms has access to a sea view where you can observe l...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank edwinic
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 26 October 2012

Fantastic friendly staff. Krystal and her family will treat you like a friend of the family even you only stay for a couple of days. It's a great alternative to Sea Dive and it's worth spending the extra pesos if you are looking for a calm place with lots of charm.
The structure is quiet unique. All cottages are build on water and most of the cottages have a sitting area with hammocks, wooden chairs and tables in front with great view over the sea. The restaurant fuctions a bit like the family's living room which add to the charmful experience.
You can be lucky to spot some cockroaches and perhaps even a rat and yes the bathrooms are seen better but it's not a problem at all.

Room Tip: If you are a group (4-6) you can rent some of the larger cottages with private kitchen for a very re...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank klasseragh
Heraklion, Iraklion, Greece
Reviewed 19 October 2012

I was staying in Krystal Lodge last November for 10 days.
Krystal and the hotels staff was very friendly and helpfull. Also i was invited by Krystal and her familly to join them for the dinner a couple of times (i feel really greatfull)
It was a very nice atmosphere since the Cristmas were close.
I felt that i was a part of them.
I really apreciate their hospitalitty and i am looking forward to visit this paradise again.
Coron by the way is an amazing place in natural beaty.(i couldnt deside which place to visit first )
Krystal Lodge is on the water with very beatifull decorated bungalows.
I cant wait for the moment to visit them again.
Very nice people
Very good location on a good price.
God bless you all there .
Thanks very much

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Vaggelis G
Muenster, Germany
Reviewed 14 October 2012

Our neighbour got bitten in his back by a rat while he was sleeping! And it was quite a hassle to get away from the island because there were no sufficient medical treatments available.
Besides the bathroom was very smelly.
There is a kind of slum next to Crystal Lodge. Shocking views.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple