“Coron's Finest”

Ranked #9 of 72 Restaurants in Coron
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 25 June 2013

I heard about it from a friend and made it a point to try this restaurant. The first time I went there I ordered Tiger Prawns. The food tasted as good as it looked. Chef Myka (the owner) personally served our food. I usually drink Coke but I couldn't resist when they asked me to try their frozen Iced Tea. I wasn't disappointed at all. I also tried Dorado (Mahi-Mahi in Hawaii and Dolphin Fish in the U.S.). I definitely recommend Myka's Pizza too. I think it is safe to say that anything on their menu tastes good.

But if you're looking for a budget meal, I don't think this is the right place for that because every item on their menu is a little expensive.

During off-season, they don't open for lunch. They open at around 2pm and most probably visitors will not find Chef Myka there. They also close early. Diners have to be there as early as 6-7pm to be able to enjoy a good dinner.

La Sirenetta also has one of the best views in Coron. The place is also very photogenic during sunrise and sunset.

1  Thank Rolly M
There are newer reviews for La Sirenetta Restaurant & Bar

Reviewed 19 June 2013

La Sirenetta Restaurant & Bar is located by the water near the port. From the main street, there is a sign that points you towards the restaurant and you must walk through the pathway (which is dark) pass several cottages until you get to the restaurant. There were only a few people so our orders were taken immediately. The pizza can be shared and made of fresh ingredients. Average price is 240-260 pesos. The pasta is delicious as well as their mango crepe. Food here is not cheap so expect to spend about 400 pesos/person. You really have to wait for your food to be served and service is really slow. You can play billiards while waiting.

1  Thank mstotomas
Reviewed 29 May 2013

We had such a delicious dinner here that we returned for lunch the next day. The restaurant is open with views of the water and a nice breeze...very helpful in a hot place like Coron. Try to arrive by 6 pm for drinks to watch the amazing sunset. The sky turned every imaginable colour and finally bright red...just gorgeous. The lychee margarita was fantastic, and the kinilaw (marinated yellow fin tuna with chilies and ginger) and the seaweed salad were spectacular! The walk to the restaurant from the street is a bit dark, the service a bit slow, but well worth it.

1  Thank nancyandleslie
Reviewed 24 May 2013 via mobile

There was great signage pointing us towards this seafood restaurant on the water. However, the group I was with wishes we kept walking. A few mix ups with the order, that took forever to come out. This was the least of our issues on the night. One female staff member that identified herself as 'the manager' had a disgraceful attitude at each and every encounter. Long story short, the service was absolutely horrific to the point where it became extremely dangerous and frightening with threats and intimidation by staff / family of staff. I would steer clear of this restaurant and keep walking.

1  Thank bidz13
Reviewed 11 May 2013 via mobile

We chose this place as it was outstanding from the others with its location.It requires a small walk from a dark path,but then it is just by the sea,and there is a nice ambiance with the breeze. The menu has interesting choices and the margaritas are nice. However,the service is really bad. We had to ask about 10 times to get a menu and they kept ignoring us.

1  Thank xxrxx27